• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

She's getting there - it was a little too warm to have the windows open though, so in this house the ceiling fans are on high with the central AC chugging along...

If i would let her, the air would be on! I told her she can't turn air on until it hits 85, i won't repeat the words that came out of her mouth. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have had to heat the house several times this week.  

I would rather my house be as cold as I can possibly stand so the next big warm-up (which thankfully looks to be at least a week or two away) has to work harder to bring uncomfortably warm temperatures to the inside of my house. But for those who want this kind of nonsense in April, the 6z GFS might give you some hope.1B17EE83-F02B-45D0-9396-0BDC9F6C6F19.jpeg.3e244c51c411e050d345a735765b24d4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

If i would let her, the air would be on! I told her she can't turn air on until it hits 85, i won't repeat the words that came out of her mouth. 

Where did she learn those words?...

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have had to heat the house several times this week.  

Sad thing is, it's been warmer over your way. :)  

Did anyone here record an outrageous amount of rain on Sunday night? I know that some of you posted storm totals of 1-2" (I had a weekend total of 1.11") but I was talking to 2 reputable people here at work that have rain gauges - for those that know the area around Washington Boro, there must have been a deluge Sunday night. Like a real deluge. One guy recorded 4.94", another recorded 6.06". Both said that it all fell in our hour. By the way, the 2 of them live less than a half mile apart. This seemed to be an extremely isolated "event" that I saw no news coverage of, but there are folks in the Washington Boro area that saw flower beds washed away, water in basements, etc. I see nothing remotely close to those totals in surrounding areas. But I absolutely believe it happened. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Did anyone here record an outrageous amount of rain on Sunday night? I know that some of you posted storm totals of 1-2" (I had a weekend total of 1.11") but I was talking to 2 reputable people here at work that have rain gauges - for those that know the area around Washington Boro, there must have been a deluge Sunday night. Like a real deluge. One guy recorded 4.94", another recorded 6.06". Both said that it all fell in our hour. By the way, the 2 of them live less than a half mile apart. This seemed to be an extremely isolated "event" that I saw no news coverage of, but there are folks in the Washington Boro area that saw flower beds washed away, water in basements, etc. I see nothing remotely close to those totals in surrounding areas. But I absolutely believe it happened. 

I recorded 1.24" Sunday but yes there were some extreme amounts in a very isolated area (see dot on the map below around the Boro).  Couldn't find anything on Weather Underground much above 3" but gauges are kind of sparse down that way.  I definitely believe them, have seen it many times.  Plus the cells sunday night were very small, huge differences over very short distances wouldn't be shocking.  Just wasn't widespread enough to get much coverage, unfortunately. 

24hr_1.png

6 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I recorded 1.24" Sunday but yes there were some extreme amounts in a very isolated area (see dot on the map below around the Boro).  Couldn't find anything on Weather Underground much above 3" but gauges are kind of sparse down that way.  I definitely believe them, have seen it many times.  Plus the cells sunday night were very small, huge differences over very short distances wouldn't be shocking.  Just wasn't widespread enough to get much coverage, unfortunately. 

We received about .5 inches Sunday afternoon and evening so not sure I am going to buy this map which shows zero?  I do realize the rain we got Saturday overnight is not included.

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We received about .5 inches Sunday afternoon and evening so not sure I am going to buy this map which shows zero?  I do realize the rain we got Saturday overnight is not included.

Yeah those maps are rough estimates but at the very least you can use them as an approximate gauge as to where the heaviest rains fell, and clearly it was picking up on something very heavy and isolated right around Washington Boro, which lines up with what @Itstrainingtime comrades were telling him.  Just another piece of evidence to support the claims.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

24hr_1.png

Thanks for finding and posting that! I drove around the "Boro" yesterday (I grew up right outside of Washington Boro) and the evidence is there...still a lot of standing water on 441 between Columbia and WB, mud everywhere, and vegetation flattened. Also confirmed that the highest (6") amounts were centered right on 999 near the Tomato Barn. 

I'm hesitant to post info based on hearsay as I've been burned before, but as I said yesterday, the people who were talking to me know what they're talking about. Nice to have it confirmed! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nothing here in the historic district...yet. Rouzerville stole my snow in the winter and the general theme of thievery apparently continues into spring...

LOL, but you have been stealing the cold the last few days.  It was in the mid 60's here when you only got to 52 the other day.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, but you have been stealing the cold the last few days.  It was in the mid 60's here when you only got to 52 the other day.  

And unless it's exceptionally dry...I'd gladly steal the cold any day, any time. :) 

With that, a little light rain has begun falling here. Temp down from 61 to 59. 

• Like 1