• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The latest OP runs of the EC and GFS are fairly similar in what the eventual apparent weather would be for far NE PA and SE NY.  They are probably get excited or worried up there.   Euro is a bit slower and south of GFS right now. 

I am still holding out for flakes to fly yet. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The latest OP runs of the EC and GFS are fairly similar in what the eventual apparent weather would be for far NE PA and SE NY.  They are probably get excited or worried up there.   Euro is a bit slower and south of GFS right now. 

I'm just worried about the sun angle. :D

• Haha 1

Welp, last night ended up being a lot more interesting than I anticipated.  I got quite the L&T show as a couple cells went right overhead of me, at one point dropped ~.5" in ten minutes and even had a brief spell of pea sized hail.  All told, I totaled 1.24" yesterday, this on top of .67" from Saturday.  It's looking like Ireland out there, beautiful greenery.

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I disagree.

They often forget their role in sending proper messages to the public because they are too concerned with their internal criteria.

Sometimes the “spirit” of the law overrides the “letter” of the law.

I know that I had a severe thunderstorm here with violent lightning, but was not warned.

Prolific atmospheric lightning isn't violent lightning, though. The rain wasn't even flash flood advisory level, no winds over 25, and no CTG lightning. It was a textbook late afternoon southern storm that you forget happened the next day (well we hadn't seen lightning in more than half a year so a bit different for us). 

46 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Welp, last night ended up being a lot more interesting than I anticipated.  I got quite the L&T show as a couple cells went right overhead of me, at one point dropped ~.5" in ten minutes and even had a brief spell of pea sized hail.  All told, I totaled 1.24" yesterday, this on top of .67" from Saturday.  It's looking like Ireland out there, beautiful greenery.

Much the same in Akron.  We had one crack so loud n so close, i looked between my wife and I to see if it hit between us :lightning:.  I levitated a good 12" from it.  LOLs. 

Hope ya'll r enjoying spring. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just got home from the office - 50 when I left home at 6am, all the way up to 52 now. Perfect short-sleeve weather today. :) 

And I froze today in a sweatshirt and spring jacket... :shiver:

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Voyager is going to be real happy when they issue the WWA :-)

Not....lol

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Tempted to turn the furnace back on ... 

back away from the ledge bro................back away.

went to bed last night and went to say goodnight to my daughter and the dog. She has her windows wide open, ceiling fan on high :blink: maybe she's related to @Itstrainingtime

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 - 35th consecutive hour here the temperature has stayed between 47 and 52 degrees. Likely to rise above 52 in the next hour or 2, but I remember you talking last week about temps not really fluctuating much over a 2 day period. Currently 49.3 here. 

And you are much lower than we are over here.  We got up to 60 yesterday.  But yea several models have been showing little temp change for a lot of this week. 

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

back away from the ledge bro................back away.

went to bed last night and went to say goodnight to my daughter and the dog. She has her windows wide open, ceiling fan on high :blink: maybe she's related to @Itstrainingtime

She's getting there - it was a little too warm to have the windows open though, so in this house the ceiling fans are on high with the central AC chugging along...

• Haha 1