• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2021

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro with a Nice shift south  with the h5 low for late week . Eps also bumped south . I'd like another 100 mile shift for mby  to get the heavy precip core , or inverted trough action or possible ccb.  If stars align  and we can cool the column enough  maby  some possible  parachutes at 36- 37 degrees :whistle:

I'm thinking ne Pa with some elev . has a reasonable shot in all seriousness. 

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-8563600.png

Thanks for the chance! We might not score but NE Poconos will. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

73 and full sun.

CTP was discussing last night that the weather that most of us are experiencing was what they expected - the idea that it would rain for much of the day was off the table yesterday. 

It's almost Florida hot in the sun right now.  Feels like 90ish but humidity not too bad.   Real Temp is 77.   Some precip blossoming in Western PA. 

33 minutes ago, FHS said:

I'm really sorry guys for being so rude and harsh to you few true weather lovers yesterday, especially you few guys that try to be nice to me, as fake as it may be ;). the fact that you try says alot about you. I think you're a good bunch of guys, I don't think you guys are selfish and ignorant in any way other than your talk of mid and late springs snows. I'm beat up tired ,sore temporarily broke and have been giving it my all for weeks with weeks to go. It's my crab season and I don't want my crabs stolen . Not to mention  auxins and mid stage hormonal cycles in plants and animals are to progressed already this spring for it let alone the 15th. (The need to grow and reproduce will override the ability to go dormant in some plants and animals) but FHS is also tired of explaining and giving info he should be thanked for. Remember FHS is autistic and a true dyslexic not a retard . Until we get that straight I may always be grumpy here Though this last attitude was all me and unjustified to a nice bunch of winter loving dudes and I apologize for that.

We had accumulating snow in May last year.  Not sure anyone thinks we get a killing snow at any point now.  That gfs depiction of 2 to 3 feet was a unique and rare sight for an April snow map.  I doubt any snow now bothers the plants. Temps in the low 20's would be painful I guess. But it went down to 21 here twice in the last two weeks and nothing seems too damaged albeit its still not in growing season apparently as nws did not issue a freeze warning.

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

73 and full sun.

CTP was discussing last night that the weather that most of us are experiencing was what they expected - the idea that it would rain for much of the day was off the table yesterday. 

It rained to some extent (drizzle after about 11am) all day here. Got 0.92" in the bucket as of this post. I just hope it wasn't too much for the fertilizer/crabgrass preventer I put down yesterday.