• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

43 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hey @Bubbler86 it looks like MDT might get up to 60 tomorrow and the night cools off into the low 50s. What model had been showing it was going to be much cooler and not change much? 

The GFS has been showing it and still does albeit it a little higher now.  Temp stays between 48 and 52 from Friday AM until Saturday Afternoon.  The HRRR and Nam mostly agree.  Canadian is the outlier here but it has been "hot" so maybe it does get warmer tomorrow.   Note, I am not looking at individual soundings just the nearest report to MDT on TT.

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The GFS has been showing it and still does albeit it a little higher now.  Temp stays between 48 and 52 from Friday AM until Saturday Afternoon.  The HRRR and Nam mostly agree.  Canadian is the outlier here but it has been "hot" so maybe it does get warmer tomorrow.   Note, I am not looking at individual soundings just the nearest report to MDT on TT.

Interesting. CTP is calling for a high of 60 ... we'll see what happens! 

4 hours ago, paweather said:

Sorry to depress people, just the nature of my passion in snow no matter the time of year. We will start hearing rumbles from people when it is in the 90's and 100% humidity soon. Our forum has been great over the years let's keep it that way no matter what weather you like. 

Certainly not depressing me - and I'm one that has definitely complained about high heat and humidity...ugh. But, there are some that love it, and good for them. 

Your point is a valid one for sure. 

50 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Certainly not depressing me - and I'm one that has definitely complained about high heat and humidity...ugh. But, there are some that love it, and good for them. 

Your point is a valid one for sure. 

No worries at all. Thanks, I would cheer for snow in June! :D 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

I can’t recall a spring with this many nice days like this in quite a while. 

I swear we've had more "true spring" days this year than the past 10 years combined. I just finished a run of many years watching high school softball and baseball played in 40 degree temps with a 20 mph wind. We've had our share of wind this spring, but at least it's been mild. And mainly sunny. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I swear we've had more "true spring" days this year than the past 10 years combined. I just finished a run of many years watching high school softball and baseball played in 40 degree temps with a 20 mph wind. We've had our share of wind this spring, but at least it's been mild. And mainly sunny. 

The thing is, these days are WAY above normal.  So they are true very late spring days.  Normal high for MDT today is 59 I believe.  it is 74 here right now which is normal for the end of May. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The thing is, these days are WAY above normal.  So they are true very late spring days.  Normal high for MDT today is 59 I believe.  it is 74 here right now which is normal for the end of May. 

That's a good point - and everything seems to be way ahead of normal with the growing season. It's amazing how much has bloomed/greened/grown over the past 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep - managed to get back up to 56 here now. Raw day out there. 

One thing I am surprised about is the NWS forecast for next week. Mid to upper 60's each day.  Just can't find any model showing that.    CMC gets it up there a day or two but not all 5. GFS has nothing above 60.  No snow and I am grilling these model runs.  LOL 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One thing I am surprised about is the NWS forecast for next week. Mid to upper 60's each day.  Just can't find any model showing that.    CMC gets it up there a day or two but not all 5. GFS has nothing above 60.  No snow and I am grilling these model runs.  LOL 

Could hit 80 Sunday according to CTP. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My point and click is mid 60s Monday-Wednesday and upper 50s by Thursday. I guess closer to typical spring weather for mid-ish April. 

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Could hit 80 Sunday according to CTP. 

Yea, Sunday is warm.  I should have clarified next Mon-Friday outside the weekend.  NWS has it above 60 every day through Thursday.  I thought they really relied on the GFS for those forecasts.  The 0Z GFS, which is what I assumed they would have used, does not have MDT getting above 60 any week day next week and actually staying in the 40's one day.