• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

13 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Nice little shower just rolled through here, dropped one or two hundredths of an inch.  Temp holding at 64 but skies starting to brighten now, can see clearing looking north towards Mt. Gretna.

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You guys are going to fight off the heatmiser today it appears.  Not sure if I get 80 but upper 70's are a given IMO. 

Temp jumped 8 degrees here in the past 35 minutes. 66.2 on the station and rising rapidly. 

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have had some clouds roll in and stuck at 77. 

71 now, which was my predicted high. We might tack on a few more yet. 

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

70 on the nose! Suns out, Perfect beer drinking weather. That is, if  you're into that sinfulness. 

Today is National Beer Day Jon. Cheers! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

71 now, which was my predicted high. We might tack on a few more yet. 

Today is National Beer Day Jon. Cheers! 

You would think i knew that, but didn't until everyone started texting about enjoying frosty beverages at my place tonight. I normally don't have cocktails until Thursday, might make an exception today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just looked at Wunderground.  Rou'ville is up to 79 now and the majority of the West Shore and back is in the mid to upper 70's but you Easterners holding in the upper 60's and low 70's.   Our Pittsburgh friend was right as they are over 80.

73.4 here which is the highest of the day.

CTP did pretty well today - they put a map on their homepage showing that areas west of the river would be a good 5-7 degrees higher than farther east. Seems to have verified well. MU's weather station is only at 69 right now, so a pretty good difference west to east just across Lanco. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

73.4 here which is the highest of the day.

CTP did pretty well today - they put a map on their homepage showing that areas west of the river would be a good 5-7 degrees higher than farther east. Seems to have verified well. MU's weather station is only at 69 right now, so a pretty good difference west to east just across Lanco. 

The weather really did behave today. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just looked at Wunderground.  Rou'ville is up to 79 now and the majority of the West Shore and back is in the mid to upper 70's but you Easterners holding in the upper 60's and low 70's.   Our Pittsburgh friend was right as they are over 80.

Indeed, we’re officially at 81 at PIT, which hasn’t been reached here since September 12th.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Voyager said:

This board is starting to depress me... :(

I'm almost...kinda...sorta...ready to agree with you. 

To clarify - above all else, I love snow. I also love bitter cold. But...most days over the past few weeks have been nice. REALLY nice. Like, it has felt so good to get outside, sans jacket, sweatshirt, etc., and enjoy some truly spring-like weather. As I said the other day, we really haven't had much weather like this in recent memory, and man oh day Steve...it sure has been nice. :) 

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm almost...kinda...sorta...ready to agree with you. 

To clarify - above all else, I love snow. I also love bitter cold. But...most days over the past few weeks have been nice. REALLY nice. Like, it has felt so good to get outside, sans jacket, sweatshirt, etc., and enjoy some truly spring-like weather. As I said the other day, we really haven't had much weather like this in recent memory, and man oh day Steve...it sure has been nice. :) 

Yes, it's been really nice here as well.

Since my shoulder surgery I've had to put coats and jackets on left arm first, which is unnatural and awkward for me. It's nice to be able to get out of the truck to load and unload and not fight my coat sleeves a half dozen times a shift...lol

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Sorry to depress people, just the nature of my passion in snow no matter the time of year. We will start hearing rumbles from people when it is in the 90's and 100% humidity soon. Our forum has been great over the years let's keep it that way no matter what weather you like. 

Remember, hail apparently counts as snow, as detailed on here a few weeks back. There’s a shot at snow in every month!

• Haha 1

I only tallied eight days of measurable precip last month, tied with March of 2014 for my lowest March number ever.  The fewest number of days I have recorded precip for any month ever was September of 2013, with only four.  The most days I have ever recorded precip occurred in May 2019 and March 2020, each with 21 days.  However, I have only been keeping detailed records since 2011.  There is your useless information for the day.  You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programing. 

30 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I only tallied eight days of measurable precip last month, tied with March of 2014 for my lowest March number ever.  The fewest number of days I have recorded precip for any month ever was September of 2013, with only four.  The most days I have ever recorded precip occurred in May 2019 and March 2020, each with 21 days.  However, I have only been keeping detailed records since 2011.  There is your useless information for the day.  You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programing. 

Good stuff thanks for sharing. I thought March 2021 was a big disappointment for some wild winter/spring weather. March is the month where you typically get cutoff lows and some big storms but not this March.  

• Like 1