• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was thinking there is a chance because it will probably not get below 50 tonight so just the airmass with no sun is going to be 70ish you would think. The 12Z hrrr really depicted   the "clouds will win" path though keeping it in the 60's. 

Yep, a mild start will help for sure. 

73.2 here currently. Yet another fine spring day. 

8 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hear ye hear ye!  Mount Joy Snowman decrees to the board that he has labored over every model, studied every almanac, and spoken to every Seer, and after rigorous deliberation of the foregoing, he hereby declares snow season over for the LSV.  It brings him no joy to make this proclamation but he has the authority to do so because, well, he is the self-anointed Snowman of Mount Joy, a title with limitless power.  In honor of this declaration, let's hear your 2020/2021 seasonal snowfall totals.  I shall start by announcing a grand total of 33.4 glorious inches.  Fire away friends!

The 12z GFS says that some of us might not be done with snow...yet!

If this happens, it might be time for a road trip to @MAG5035 or @Wmsptwx !

6F42A0C5-1A03-4D73-A98A-65E4496D32FB.png

6AE32592-80B6-4876-BD38-927AC630BAF4.png

D0DD4CDA-98E0-49F3-A129-CC7B20C12A86.png

• Like 1

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Never mind... it might be time to make my first trip ever to Clearfield according to that snow map!

@2001kx .... We might be up there in 2 weeks!

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Any rain chance is quickly diminishing for the next 10 days. 

Doesn't the weekend still look fairly wet?    I did not scan through everything but it looks to me that after our heat today (80?)  we have a couple moist and cool days then a bit more heat followed by a long period of cool and moist. 

PS-Thank Goodness the Boston Baseball Red Sox have arrived and are back. 

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Any rain chance is quickly diminishing for the next 10 days. 

CTP for the Harrisburg area has 2 chances of rain on Friday and Sunday.

Friday
A chance of showers, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Southeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. 
Friday Night
A slight chance of showers before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.
Saturday Night
Showers likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
Showers likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not the best timing, but I hope we get some rain over the weekend. This is not the time of year to start worrying about dry weather. I've had less than .5" of rain over the past 10-14 days. 

Now you are talking. Does not look dry over here yet but it can change in a matter of a day or two like today with a lot of sun (over this way at least) and temps in the 80's. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Snowman is fully aware of the propensity of the Goofus to light up the snow maps at the post-300 hour and has accounted for that accordingly, that is to say, not at all haha.  But he is always ready to eat crow if the circumstances demand it!

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Now you are talking. Does not look dry over here yet but it can change in a matter of a day or two like today with a lot of sun (over this way at least) and temps in the 80's. 

Clouds here have just started to thin in the past 10 minutes. Still mostly cloudy but sun is imminent. Looks like I have an ever so slight NE breeze that might keep things a little cooler than...well, the 80s. We'll see...

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Snowman is fully aware of the propensity of the Goofus to light up the snow maps at the post-300 hour and has accounted for that accordingly, that is to say, not at all haha.  But he is always ready to eat crow if the circumstances demand it!

I'm not exactly sure what your diet is, but I highly doubt you'll be adding crow to it. :) 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not the best timing, but I hope we get some rain over the weekend. This is not the time of year to start worrying about dry weather. I've had less than .5" of rain over the past 10-14 days. 

I'd like some rain as well. I'll work outside between or even during the showers. This time of year is tough for me with my OCD.  i feel like i have to complete a years worth of outside projects in a single weekend. I know i can't but unfinished work drives me insane. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

I'd like some rain as well. I'll work outside between or even during the showers. This time of year is tough for me with my OCD.  i feel like i have to complete a years worth of outside projects in a single weekend. I know i can't but unfinished work drives me insane. 

We are very much alike in that regard - I hate having "open tabs" mentally. Having lots of things going on simultaneously throws me off big time. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Clouds here have just started to thin in the past 10 minutes. Still mostly cloudy but sun is imminent. Looks like I have an ever so slight NE breeze that might keep things a little cooler than...well, the 80s. We'll see...

I have a much better chance over here than you do.  The SR models definitely show a NE component pressing in and keeping Easterners less hot.