• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Nope, no TV. We boogied out pretty quick. Half went to SC the other half went to TN. 

You're right, sweating did feel like it cooled you off. My grandmother lived with us. In the dead of summer she stripped and washed our sheets daily and hung them on the line. 

Surreal.  Some people probably thought they were leaving their homes for good...Chernobyl style. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surreal.  Some people probably thought they were leaving their homes for good Chernobyl style. 

i was 14. honest to god a huge childhood memory of mine was sitting in my uncles house in Tennessee watching the news. the way they were talking about it, i thought i was never coming home. My dad was sent to Milton Hershey at 10 (back when the boys worked the farm) was the toughest guy i ever knew. Emotionless. This was the first of only  2 times i ever saw tears in his eyes. 

27 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i was 14. honest to god a huge childhood memory of mine was sitting in my uncles house in Tennessee watching the news. the way they were talking about it, i thought i was never coming home. My dad was sent to Milton Hershey at 10 (back when the boys worked the farm) was the toughest guy i ever knew. Emotionless. This was the first of only  2 times i ever saw tears in his eyes. 

Scary times.  I was with my family stationed out of the country (dad in the Military) so I was watching from afar.  I was 11.  I understand that dozens of unfortunate children were born with birth defects from the radiation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Another GFS oddity spotting..

The temp at MDT is somewhere around 47 Thursday AM.  Acknowledging that I am looking at 6 hour snapshots, it stays within 5 degrees of that mark the whole way through the weekend until Monday afternoon when it finally breaks out of the low 50's into the mid 50's. 

On the 12Z Euro, MDT breaches 60 this Thursday then fails to get over that temp the rest of the run through the next Thursday.  At the start of that period, into the weekend, the highs and low all stay between 50 and 59 and then the second half of that period the temps stay between 43 and 50 the entire time.  

3 minutes ago, FHS said:

that path i mention is also great for finding chicken of the woods and morels in a few weeks , Just make sure to leave some for fhs

I did not get out of my car in that section so did not see the Beavers but the large mud pit shocked me a bit.  I did not notice it when driving by there a couple months ago.  Was probably talking or something. 

• Like 1

Hear ye hear ye!  Mount Joy Snowman decrees to the board that he has labored over every model, studied every almanac, and spoken to every Seer, and after rigorous deliberation of the foregoing, he hereby declares snow season over for the LSV.  It brings him no joy to make this proclamation but he has the authority to do so because, well, he is the self-anointed Snowman of Mount Joy, a title with limitless power.  In honor of this declaration, let's hear your 2020/2021 seasonal snowfall totals.  I shall start by announcing a grand total of 33.4 glorious inches.  Fire away friends!

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hear ye hear ye!  Mount Joy Snowman decrees to the board that he has labored over every model, studied every almanac, and spoken to every Seer, and after rigorous deliberation of the foregoing, he hereby declares snow season over for the LSV.  It brings him no joy to make this proclamation but he has the authority to do so because, well, he is the self-anointed Snowman of Mount Joy, a title with limitless power.  In honor of this declaration, let's hear your 2020/2021 seasonal snowfall totals.  I shall start by announcing a grand total of 33.4 glorious inches.  Fire away friends!

I see snow on the GFS :-) 

PS-55"ish for my total. 

53 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

35.2" final total here in historic Maytown, Pa. 

This is my see you next winter post.   Seasons are changing and so is my work schedule. I’m now going to be running 2 golf courses this year.  Not sure what I’ve got myself into.  :axe:  Anyway, I had a great time tracking with everyone here this past winter.  I’ll stop in from time to time if there’s anything significant to report.  Everyone have a great summer!

Joe 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yeah your area down 10-20 miles from the m/d line East to Huffman was the jackpot for our area.   Layer around me were generally 35–45” range. Congrats you snow hog !

I think we both live in a potential sweet spot for that common Miller A like track.  West of us is usually too far west and too far east it more often taint town though those Easterners have the potential for those old fashioned off the shore situations that have not materialized much in the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

This is my see you next winter post.   Seasons are changing and so my work schedule. I’m now going to be running 2 golf courses this year.  Not sure what I’ve got myself into.  :axe:  Anyway, I had a great time tracking with everyone here this past winter.  I’ll stop in from time to time if there’s anything significant to report.  Everyone have a great summer!

Joe 

Hopefully you are not back posting pictures of brown turf like last year (hopefully for you and me).

34 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

This is my see you next winter post.   Seasons are changing and so is my work schedule. I’m now going to be running 2 golf courses this year.  Not sure what I’ve got myself into.  :axe:  Anyway, I had a great time tracking with everyone here this past winter.  I’ll stop in from time to time if there’s anything significant to report.  Everyone have a great summer!

Joe 

Thanks Joe, hope you have a great summer. I need to get back into golf again...shame I threw my clubs into the pond at Cool Creek years ago...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Will there be enough clearing early enough? 

Just now, sauss06 said:

That is what i was wondering. 

I was thinking there is a chance because it will probably not get below 50 tonight so just the airmass with no sun is going to be 70ish you would think. The 12Z hrrr really depicted   the "clouds will win" path though keeping it in the 60's. 

• Like 1