• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2021

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One sad emoticon for you.  Lol.  Not excited about the Sox this year.  Speaking of sports just heard Rick Carlisle tested positive 3 months after being vaccinated.  Maybe a false positive? 

Ha! Sorry, couldn't resist. 

So that's interesting news regarding Rick Carlisle...

@losetoa6  Great post in the Mid Atlantic thread! I copied it here because I really agree 100%
“Its not about being realistic.  It's about choosing to look for how it CAN happen vs how it CAN'T happen.  It's a hobby after all  . Why would I be involved in a hobby
 to just dwell on the negative.”

This post sums up my passion for Winter weather, my sports teams, and life in general. 
These hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable. I will never understand negative posters here or negative sports fans that always rip their own teams.

I too always look for how something positive can happen in all aspects of my world!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@losetoa6  Great post in the Mid Atlantic thread! I copied it here because I really agree 100%
“Its not about being realistic.  It's about choosing to look for how it CAN happen vs how it CAN'T happen.  It's a hobby after all  . Why would I be involved in a hobby
 to just dwell on the negative.”

This post sums up my passion for Winter weather, my sports teams, and life in general. 
These hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable. I will never understand negative posters here or negative sports fans that always rip their own teams.

I too always look for how something positive can happen in all aspects of my world!

I particularly find the posts that call snow chasing, on models, a fantasy. .  Professional Met's deal in fantasy most of their careers.  Their forecast are as frequently off the mark as they are correct.  I think @TugHillMatt's comment rings true in that some of the behavior comes from the lack of civility  (my own words) becoming more common in every day life.  This morning's weather was looked at as a gfs fantasy two weeks ago,

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Down to 21 now.  I probably wondered this last year but I guess they do not consider us in growing season yet re' a hard freeze warning. 

How is MDT currently at 34, when everyone else in the state is in the 20’s, except for Philly, but they are even sitting at 32 at this hour!?!

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro has an interesting cutoff low next Sunday into Monday. This run brings snow to many north of I-80 and Allentown (of course this season!)

Euro keeps MDT between 35 and 45 degrees the entire time from this time next week through at least Monday night.  No cold lows just cut off low/back door yuck. 

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Looks like I bottomed out at 24 again last night, thinking that may be the coldest temp I hit until next winter. And don’t get me started on MDT being the official representative for our local climate ha. 

Your piece of land was probably below 0 when MDT hit 11 on April 1, 1923. 

Euro keeps MDT between 35 and 45 degrees the entire time from this time next week through at least Monday night.  No cold lows just cut off low/back door yuck. 

I only enjoy these in June. Once a year a enjoy 4 or 5 days of temps staying about 60-65 day and night with drizzle and fog

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I only enjoy these in June. Once a year a enjoy 4 or 5 days of temps staying about 60-65 day and night with drizzle and fog

Yea, if the high is only going to be low 40's I want the lowers to be real lows.  That depiction on the Euro is a yuck and duck fest.  Rather it be in the 70's and nice if not cold. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Looks like I bottomed out at 24 again last night, thinking that may be the coldest temp I hit until next winter. And don’t get me started on MDT being the official representative for our local climate ha. 

You're in a low elevation, aren't you? After getting down to 25 yesterday morning, my low last night was 30.2. Seems the low spots cooled off better last night.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your piece of land was probably below 0 when MDT hit 11 on April 1, 1923. 

Correct haha

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You're in a low elevation, aren't you? After getting down to 25 yesterday morning, my low last night was 30.2. Seems the low spots cooled off better last night.

Yes very low, only a smidge above 360’ while sitting at the base of a ridge. I’m quite prone to cold air inversions on calm clear nights.