• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Spring 2021

I'm shocked that no one reported on the snow that fell overnight!  Was it super-localized?  I had 0.2" with cars, grass, and rooves covered in white when I woke up this morning.  Someone yesterday I think mentioned that the HRRR was showing this possibility yesterday.  After no measurable in the month of March, April comes in with some.  Boy, it looks and sure feels like winter this morning with wind chills down near 20.  Had a low of 27.3 degrees this morning and am only up to 32.7 just before 10:00am.

12 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm shocked that no one reported on the snow that fell overnight!  Was it super-localized?  I had 0.2" with cars, grass, and rooves covered in white when I woke up this morning.  Someone yesterday I think mentioned that the HRRR was showing this possibility yesterday.  After no measurable in the month of March, April comes in with some.  Boy, it looks and sure feels like winter this morning with wind chills down near 20.  Had a low of 27.3 degrees this morning and am only up to 32.7 just before 10:00am.

Nothing here overnight as far as snowfall but I did drop to 25.2 and am sitting at 33.3 currently. 

41 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I was just getting on to see why you had not posted.  I am in Carlisle at the MJ mall and there was significant snow on roofs and grassy areas just West of here. I had mentioned the HRRR showed thin strips of snow through the LSV over night. 

Looks like I bottomed out at 24 last night, not too shabby.  Currently sitting at a brisk 34.  I only got .22" of precip (no flurries or graupel witnessed here but plenty of reports around the area), which makes for several events in a row now where I've gotten significantly less precip than modeled.  Anyway, maybe someone on here can help me out with this little conundrum.  The official low last night for MDT is shown as 29; however, when you look at the actual 5-minute interval METAR data there are a number of instances where the temp hit 28 (see: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/getobext.php?sid=kmdt).  So, why the heck isn't 28 listed as the official low?  I have noticed this on other occasions as well.  Mount Joy Snowman demands answers!

Been visiting my family in the Danville area this week....so nice after several cancellations this past year because of "possible" exposures.

I've been going on many walks for my dad and thought about what you guys have been saying...every day it's been like WIND, WINDY, GUSTY! It seems relentless.

Had a coating of snow yesterday morning and then more wind. haha

8 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Congrats!

There was also a snow shower early this morning when I was just outside of Manheim. There was a light dusting of snow on the roof tops and on some of the mulched & grassy areas.

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I hit 26 at midnight last night and light winds kept any more cooling in check 

Yea I saw your post in obs.  Maybe some radiational bump after midnight tonight.  Still think we see 25 or a bit under.  What a rush it was driving into Carlisle today and seeing a winter wonderland. 

• Like 1