• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Was just going to ask you how things were out that way, as it looks like some nice cells have been moving through all morning, particularly just to your north.

Yea we had a pretty good blast of snow during the late morning. I just got home here and I was surprised to measure 1.5" on the glass table on my deck. All on grassy and elevated surfaces, this stuff isn't touching any pavement or gravel at this elevation. I'll bet the top of the Allegheny front has advisory amounts on it, I was up in Cambria County early this morning and the higher spots already had snow on the ground presumably from the back end of the main precip changing to snow overnight. Accumulations are pretty elevational and localized down here. 

20 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea we had a pretty good blast of snow during the late morning. I just got home here and I was surprised to measure 1.5" on the glass table on my deck. All on grassy and elevated surfaces, this stuff isn't touching any pavement or gravel at this elevation. I'll bet the top of the Allegheny front has advisory amounts on it, I was up in Cambria County early this morning and the higher spots already had snow on the ground presumably from the back end of the main precip changing to snow overnight. Accumulations are pretty elevational and localized down here. 

I figured as much with the elevational differences out that way.  What are you sittin at anyway?  You may be noticing a theme with me asking everyone their elevation.  I have big problems with topo maps haha.

One of my neighbors owns an company that sells home heating oil and he just stopped and asked if I had seen the 12Z GFS.  He had an extra giddy up in his step so I had to check.  No temps above 60 (MDT) the whole run.  Not really cold either.  Just cold enough to keep selling oil.   I told him the Euro does not at all concur. 

PENNSYLVANIA...

...BRADFORD COUNTY...
3 W SOUTH BRANCH             4.2 IN    0730 AM 04/01   TRAINED SPOTTER      
3 WNW WEST FRANKLIN          3.9 IN    0745 AM 04/01   TRAINED SPOTTER      
SAYRE 2.8 WNW                1.7 IN    0700 AM 04/01   COCORAHS             
CANTON                       1.6 IN    0800 AM 04/01   COOP                 
SAYRE 0.7 S                  1.3 IN    0700 AM 04/01   COCORAHS             

...LACKAWANNA COUNTY...
CLARKS GREEN 0.5 N           2.5 IN    0930 AM 04/01   COCORAHS             
VANDLING 0.1 NNE             2.0 IN    0700 AM 04/01   COCORAHS             
CLARKS SUMMIT                1.8 IN    0815 AM 04/01   TRAINED SPOTTER      
CLARKS SUMMIT                1.5 IN    0715 AM 04/01   TRAINED SPOTTER      
1 ENE WEST SCRANTON          1.3 IN    0730 AM 04/01   PUBLIC               
ELMHURST                     1.0 IN    0800 AM 04/01   PUBLIC               
SPRINGBROOK CORNER           1.0 IN    1045 AM 04/01   PUBLIC               
STERLING - 22                0.5 IN    0700 AM 04/01   COCORAHS    
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wanted to troll so bad...

Anyway, legit snow flurry action here now. :)  

I have been trolling by some of my posts here.  A little birdie told me some of them watch our board and hate our more well rounded discussion....so my obvious pro cold slant the last few weeks has had some roots in knowing some warminista's from down there get their panties twisted with our posts.  I wish they would come out of the closet and post themselves. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I have been trolling by some of my posts here.  A little birdie told me some of them watch our board and hate our more well rounded discussion....so my obvious pro cold slant the last few weeks has had some roots in knowing some warminista's from down there get their panties twisted with our posts.  I wish they would come out of the closet and post themselves. 

The whole "posting about spring weather in their March Long Range Discussion" thread seemed to be in really bad taste to me, and I agree 100% with @losetoa6 on that issue. Couple of facts about that:

• They had an established Spring 2021 thread - why not post spring thoughts in that thread?
  • The Long Range thread, whether they'll admit it or not, was more or less all about winter weather threats anyway. Go back through 2020 and you'll quickly notice that there was no long range monthly thread in April, May, June, July, August, September. Why is that? Coincidence? 

I'm happy for Losetoa6. He's been on an island down there and took a lot of sarcasm...good for him to reap some reward. :) 

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The whole "posting about spring weather in their March Long Range Discussion" thread seemed to be in really bad taste to me, and I agree 100% with @losetoa6 on that issue. Couple of facts about that:

• They had an established Spring 2021 thread - why not post spring thoughts in that thread?
  • The Long Range thread, whether they'll admit it or not, was more or less all about winter weather threats anyway. Go back through 2020 and you'll quickly notice that there was no long range monthly thread in April, May, June, July, August, September. Why is that? Coincidence? 

I'm happy for Losetoa6. He's been on an island down there and took a lot of sarcasm...good for him to reap some reward. :) 

If I were moderating the board I would have banned more than one person with Baltimore in their name.  They purposely posted items to counter his posts...and there are two "moderators" doing it right now as well.   Even if you say the long range thread is all seasons there is no reason to sit around and vulture post someone because you think their longing to keep winter alive is not worthy of reading.  More internet bullies that would never act like that in person. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I were moderating the board I would have banned more than one person with Baltimore in their name.  They purposely posted items to counter his posts...and there are two "moderators" doing it right now as well.   Even if you say the long range thread is all seasons there is no reason to sit around and vulture post someone because you think their longing to keep winter alive is not worthy of reading.  More internet bullies that would never act like that in person. 

Unfortunately, I think some of them would. An increasing amount of human beings are losing their ability to have human decency and don't give a crap about others or how they treat them.

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

17 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Unfortunately, I think some of them would. An increasing amount of human beings are losing their ability to have human decency and don't give a crap about others or how they treat them.

Totally agree with both of you.

Lots more could be said, but I hijacked this discussion enough. Back to the weather. :)

5 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I figured as much with the elevational differences out that way.  What are you sittin at anyway?  You may be noticing a theme with me asking everyone their elevation.  I have big problems with topo maps haha.

I sit at approx 1300' here on the NW corner of the city right up against the Allegheny Front. A 4 mile drive up the road out of town gets me to almost 2500'. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, paweather said:

Yep I would too! Could be it...until October. I am officially calling for a 2021 Halloween Snowstorm for Superstorm! 

Sign me up, but let’s make it happen on November 1st just so we don’t ruin the rest of the Winter!  I don’t want to go through another winter like 11-12 after our October snowstorm in 2011.

• Haha 1