Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Brady Anderson...

50 homeruns in a season, plus 3 more in the postseason. Next best season? 

Brady Anderson is always the first guy I think of when thinking back to the guys of the steroid era who had ridiculous outlier seasons.  I don't know why but Ken Caminiti is another that always comes to mind when thinking of guys who transformed their "look" more than nature would allow haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Brady Anderson is always the first guy I think of when thinking back to the guys of the steroid era who had ridiculous outlier seasons.  I don't know why but Ken Caminiti is another that always comes to mind when thinking of guys who transformed their "look" more than nature would allow haha.

Greg Vaughn is another who comes to mind.

Caminiti was a confirmed steroid user by his own admission, right? I forgot he’s dead.

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

100% correct. Our suffering won’t end until Bob Nutting sells the team.

1 hour ago, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

We’ve been praying for Nutting to sell for the last 15 years....lol

I make 2 trips to Pittsburgh every year...one weekend at PNC Park and then a fall weekend to see the Steelers. Almost always stay at the Sheraton at Station Square. PNC Park is fabulous - of the 17 current MLB parks it ranks #1 in my book.

• Like 1

5:10A in Williamsport.  I didn't think I would see any snow after all but a light snow with big wet flakes is coming down.  Temperature is 36 at Montoursville Airport.  

5:25A That was quick.  Radar shows the big green blob that's been over us for awhile is now moving east so the snow is almost over.  The flakes are much smaller.  I guess this will be the last snow I see this year.  I should have gone to bed before but I am glad I saw it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Greg Vaughn is another who comes to mind.

Caminiti was a confirmed steroid user by his own admission, right? I forgot he’s dead.

Vaughn is a good one, and yes Caminiti did admit everything before he passed away back in 2004.  He also had a years-long substance abuse problem and ultimately died of a cocaine/heroin overdose.

11 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I make 2 trips to Pittsburgh every year...one weekend at PNC Park and then a fall weekend to see the Steelers. Almost always stay at the Sheraton at Station Square. PNC Park is fabulous - of the 17 current MLB parks it ranks #1 in my book.

I couldn't agree more.  I usually get out there with some buddies once a year as well, love the way the skyline seems to shoot up right out of the outfield.  Great park. 

• Like 1

Well it looks like the snow threat mostly fizzled out, as much of the near-term guidance was suggesting yesterday.  Checking out some snow cams this morning, it looks like just an inch or two across the highest elevations of the Laurels and northern tier.  The Elk Mountain cam seemed to have the most action going on, as Greensnow's pics would seem to suggest.  Some nice deep cold air rushing in here on the backside, could see some decent convective snow cells making things interesting for some areas across the Midstate today, looks to be a pretty potent one right now pushing in towards Tyrone.  It feels like a graupel kind of day to me as well.  Good news is, while still windy today, it doesn't look as diabolical as it had the potential to be a few days ago.  Cold is the story, with MOS guidance liking low temps around 25 tonight for most of the LSV and possibly a couple ticks lower than that for Friday night.  NWS P&C doesn't seem quite as convinced but who knows, maybe we'll be able to make a run at that April 3rd record of 24 from 1896 after all, key will be the winds calming down to allow for the best radiational cooling.  Onward.....

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I think it was the HRRR that was picking up on that yesterday. Let us know when you come back in from shoveling. :) 

LOL.  I will let it all accumulate first then when the sun comes out it can do my shoveling.  Ha.  The flakes are begging to melt before they even hit the surface. Weak sauce snow.