• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

23 minutes ago, FHS said:

well I spent the whole night preparing two of my gardens for next weeks possibility's. So if dose snow or we get a hard freeze I wont become resentful towards the good forum folk that just cant let go of old man winters frozen pole and chestnuts .  

LOL.  As I have stated a few times, part of my motivation this year was peeking into the MA and seeing the Spring fling crowd starting a month too early in mid to late February.  With that said, a freeze the first week of April is not all that uncommon.  If we got down to 20ish that would be something.   Apparently it got down to 11 at MDT on April 1, 1923 though the records for Apr 2nd and 3rd are not out of reach at 22 and 24 respectively. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  As I have stated a few times, part of my motivation this year was peeking into the MA and seeing the Spring fling crowd starting a month too early in mid to late February.  With that said, a freeze the first week of April is not all that uncommon.  If we got down to 20ish that would be something.   Apparently it got down to 11 at MDT on April 1, 1923 though the records for Apr 2nd and 3rd are not out of reach at 22 and 24 respectively. 

I've seen heavy frost here in the coal region as late as Memorial Day weekend, so cold is not out of the question until we get to June. At least anomalous events like that are USUALLY short lived.

As for April cold, I've often said that April can be a cruel month for those looking to break out into spring mode.

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I've seen heavy frost here in the coal region as late as Memorial Day weekend, so cold is not out of the question until we get to June. At least anomalous events like that are USUALLY short lived.

As for April cold, I've often said that April can be a cruel month for those looking to break out into spring mode.

Yep, especially up your way.  Those MDT temps are always warm as we know. 

Heads up guys, @canderson @sauss06.  This narrow squall line headed your way has multiple wind gusts to 40mph and sustained 1-min average winds of 25-30 mph.  It won't last very long, less than 10 minutes, but it's the first one of the season.  Picked up a quick 0.25" of rainfall as well.  Total here for today now 0.52".

20 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Heads up guys, @canderson @sauss06.  This narrow squall line headed your way has multiple wind gusts to 40mph and sustained 1-min average winds of 25-30 mph.  It won't last very long, less than 10 minutes, but it's the first one of the season.  Picked up a quick 0.25" of rainfall as well.  Total here for today now 0.52".

It split the city - no real wind over 20 with the brief downpour. 

I wasn't expecting the high winds that popped up here a few hours ago.  As if the 40mph gusts from the squall line weren't enough, now I've hit 50mph again for the second time in only 3 days.  Gusting now frequently into the 30s with sustained mostly in the teens to low 20's.  It sure has been a windy March!

Another item to note is that today was another sub 1000mb pressure day with it bottoming out at 997 before the squall line pushed through.

Just now, anotherman said:

These winds are insane.....again.

They really haven't been bad here...yet. But as many others have pointed out, In my 53 years on this earth, I don't remember having as many wind events as we've had the past few years.

14 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

13 hours ago, canderson said:

It split the city - no real wind over 20 with the brief downpour. 

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Just had a gust to 43. Lots in the 30s. Tuesday looks windy and Thursday even moreso. F this.

I'm so sick of the wind. 

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

March is the windiest month of the year but this seems extreme.

I moved back into my homestead 15 years ago. Not anytime during those years did anything get blown over on my back patio. Just in the past 3 weeks my Grille, and Heavy patio furniture has blown over 3 times.