Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is another look at the 12z Euro!

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z GFS & ICON would make next week very interesting in the snow tracking department!

Stop posting dirty pictures in my thread.... :angry:

:P:lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, FHS said:

Not angry here just my 2 cents. The growing season is underway . Every snow will drive up food cost. Even if the farmer dose not lose any cole crop every time the hands have to pull out row covers , use extra K to help mitigate cell damage to crops you pay more. Even if the farmer has long tunnels there is still too many problems the snow causes that can drive up cost . Im not upset a bunch of snow hounds want more snow . I could relate if I didn't have crops out . Once the growing season begins my love for snow turns cold. Cold weather and hail are a farmers/gardners worst fear from mid march through nov because of lack of control's. .

Even more than snow, the chance of lows in the teens could be a big headliner next weekend.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Even more than snow, the chance of lows in the teens could be a big headliner next weekend.  

And that's what sucks the most. Even nature has put out the tulips, hyacinths, some tree leaves, etc. Temps in the teens kill or damage the tender vegetation. A mid-winter torch does not cause as many problems as a spring freeze...

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

And that's what sucks the most. Even nature has put out the tulips, hyacinths, some tree leaves, etc. Temps in the teens kill or damage the tender vegetation. A mid-winter torch does not cause as many problems as a spring freeze...

Yea, we shall see if it happens.  It's the extreme version of the current runs but they almost all go into the low 20's which is not really much different.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, we shall see if it happens.  It's the extreme version of the current runs but they almost all go into the low 20's which is not really much different.  

E3A807CA-E310-4591-B125-DF11AA537215.thumb.jpeg.09953cfe46d837afe9d1135993a2a57e.jpeg

Not that we trust the temps the CMC puts out, but this is insane.

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

E3A807CA-E310-4591-B125-DF11AA537215.thumb.jpeg.09953cfe46d837afe9d1135993a2a57e.jpeg

Not that we trust the temps the CMC puts out, but this is insane.

Haha yeah somehow I'm not buying a 19 degree morning in northcentral North Carolina in early April but I've been wrong before!  Either way it looks like we are heading for a brief shot of some anomalous cold air late next week and maybe even a dash of snow for some northern peeps.  Worth keeping an eye on for sure.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

CMC 2M Temps have been the king around here the last month or two.  I know on urban islands it has been too cold.   Still 5+ days away but the GFS still due some credit if this comes to fruition. 

Would be nice to see the GFS break out of its slump in a big way by correctly predicting this cold snap well in advance. Though the Euro is in fact now running as cold as or even colder than the GFS during this period (Euro keeps much of PA a few degrees either side of freezing on Friday afternoon while GFS has widespread 40s).

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Would be nice to see the GFS break out of its slump in a big way by correctly predicting this cold snap well in advance. Though the Euro is in fact now running as cold as or even colder than the GFS during this period (Euro keeps much of PA a few degrees either side of freezing on Friday afternoon while GFS has widespread 40s).

Yea, cannot blame the Euro for not having it at 300+ hours since the op does not go out that far.  But Friday is looking quite cold and this Monday is going to be cold as well....40's and lower 50's with very brisk NW winds.    Once thing I have noticed about the CMC is that it has been better in predicting that the cold will not leave as fast as the other models predict re: the CMC's coldest Teams are actually Sat AM while the Euro and GFS are Fri Am. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, cannot blame the Euro for not having it at 300+ hours since the op does not go out that far.  But Friday is looking quite cold and this Monday is going to be cold as well....40's and lower 50's with very brisk NW winds.    Once thing I have noticed about the CMC is that it has been better in predicting that the cold will not leave as fast as the other models predict re: the CMC's coldest Teams are actually Sat AM while the Euro and GFS are Fri Am. 

I haven’t looked much into it - have the cold mornings generally stuck around as long as the CMC predicts or have they generally exited when other models said they would?