Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Event March 25th 2021

Bob's Burgers

26 minutes ago, SluggerWx said:

He went to pass someone and they veered into his lane for some strange reason. Last thing I heard was "Don't you do it..."

MacLeroy (or his driver) probably should not have attempted to pass on a double yellow.  The other driver was apparently attempting a very slow left turn without signaling.  Hard to tell what he was doing exactly.  I hope everyone’s okay regardless.

I'm not entirely sure how much longer this thing could last given the sizable amount of junk to its south that is about to interact with it. 

Typically extremely intense supercells are incredibly efficient at ingesting junk, so we'll see...

So, it's difficult to tell, but what you can see on the radar is the *orientation* of the couplet changes. In a handoff, you see two distinct mesos, one weakens, the other strengthens. Here, we have the same meso which was "oriented" "up down" and after passing the radar is now "left right". That's the same circulation. The doppler effect only shows motion towards and away from the radar. Ergo, as you translate around a radar site, the orientation of the couplet can shift as the storm motion is captured in the non-storm-relative base reflectivity with a different relative motion (given a different angle of incidence to the site). Same tornado folks. In fairness, there was one single scan that looked "confusing", so if you just looked then you could go "hm what's going on", but subsequent scans, and playing them back with the prior ones, tell us the whole story. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2