Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
At Least The 12th Lawn Thread

Damage In Tolland

4 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Looks the best I've seen over the years.  Apply Nematodes in early May, before there are signs of grub damage. 

thanks. I still have lots of random patches of no grass near the deck side, but they are slowly filling in. Will throw some more seed down in April. The slope is tough and there is some erosion you can't see and that will likely require a bit of fill/seed. I almost gave up on the lower section as it was all weeds and zero grass, but I gave it one more shot. Persistence pays off and I hope I can keep it looking nice going forward. I'd like to say the war with the lawn is finally over, but it's too soon to say.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:05 AM, PowderBeard said:

Thinking it might be a good idea to throw some grub treatment down. Have a had an opossum in the yard eating the past three nights.  

Use nematodes if you haven't treated yet.  Grub Ex isn't always effective, not to mention you risk killing off a Possum, which eat tons of ticks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Observation that I just made....anyone else notice a lack of acorns this year? I don't have a single one in my yard. I had mountains of them previously.

i barely had any this year, where last year there were shit tons of them

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Plethora of them here.  Just as bad as last year.

50 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Same here, tons of acorns, not many hickory nuts though.

48 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Loaded, blowing like BB shot during the unnamed storm in Oct. Not many hickory though

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Negative. Massive massive amounts. One of worst years for them 

10 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i barely had any this year, where last year there were shit tons of them

Gradient winter incoming apparently.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look I get up at 430 5 ish every day but... up the street neighbor was out at 630 AM on a Sunday with his jet engine leaf blower. I have a wheelbarrow full of Acorns that I wanted  to  use with my slingshot and peck them off his head. It would've been a long shot but I bet I could have gotten a few off his noggin. LOL. We had our 2 year old granddaughter over last night and of course it woke her up. Point being cmon people have a little sense of courtesy. 

I wait till 9a before firing up lawn mower or leaf blower. Only time I did before 9 once was because its was going to be 98F day of mow and we were going on vacation next day. Felt bad firing up lawn mower at 8a.

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I'm a late afternoon guy myself.  Early mornings often mean the grass is still wet.  Late afternoon means the yard is shaded and it's cooler.

I hate having to deal with the winds at the end of the day.  It's typically dead calm early AM and makes for quick work doing leaves.

• Thanks 1