• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
At Least The 12th Lawn Thread

Damage In Tolland

With another lackluster winter behind and the last flakes way, way behind us, thoughts turn to spring cleanups, getting lawns ready to soon become lush, and chickens starting to mate. 
As we all sit and stress about all of the outdoor work we have to do over the coming weeks. Discuss all of that here as we head towards another hot, humid summer . We lawn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

56 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I want to plant some soft touch holly shrubs along my walkway.

How soon can I plant those in this area?

Aren't those hardy down to zone 5 or 6? I'd probably get them in early. You may even get away with it now with the nice week upcoming and nothing too frigid in the long range. I'd at least get them in down there by the first week or two of April. Get them rooting right away.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Aren't those hardy down to zone 5 or 6? I'd probably get them in early. You may even get away with it now with the nice week upcoming and nothing too frigid in the long range. I'd at least get them in down there by the first week or two of April. Get them rooting right away.

Damn... alright... yeah looks like they are hardy to zone 5....I’ll order them now 

19 hours ago, dendrite said:

Can I plant those Black Walnuts now or should I wait until after the - 20 850s pass on the 1st?

19 hours ago, dendrite said:

Might have some issues digging the holes, until the frost is out of the ground.  ^_^   Plant where the biggest snow piles had been?

I put in some new KBG sod last September. Did real well. It’s actually still decently green. 
I had to cut down my 20 foot ornamental plum tree in my front yard back in late January. It was covered in black knot. Arborist is coming back next month to grind out the stump. Not sure what I’m going to replace it with. 

13 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I put in some new KBG sod last September. Did real well. It’s actually still decently green. 
I had to cut down my 20 foot ornamental plum tree in my front yard back in late January. It was covered in black knot. Arborist is coming back next month to grind out the stump. Not sure what I’m going to replace it with. 

I had a stump grinded last fall, was thinking of putting sod over the area, last time I did in another area it came in nice.

18 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I had a stump grinded last fall, was thinking of putting sod over the area, last time I did in another area it came in nice.

My tree was in a large mulch bed out front. Has a large gold hinoki Cyprus and some boxwoods too. I may put in a dogwood. Something that will bloom for awhile. The plum only bloomed for about a week. I have some CAST outdoor lighting with 2 bullets that uplit the tree, so I want to replace it. That plum has been in 12 years, the black knot ate it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

My tree was in a large mulch bed out front. Has a large gold hinoki Cyprus and some boxwoods too. I may put in a dogwood. Something that will bloom for awhile. The plum only bloomed for about a week. I have some CAST outdoor lighting with 2 bullets that uplit the tree, so I want to replace it. That plum has been in 12 years, the black knot ate it up.

I put in a dogwood 3 years ago, ,rule of thumb is first year it sleeps, second year it creeps third year it leaps and has held true.

• Like 1