• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Not like we missed much...but this was yet another Synoptic event that failed here. The band was moving south and then as soon as it reached the Onondaga county line it fizzled and shunted east. 

It has been a season of pretty much relying on Lake Ontario to give any snow. Even the one two weeks ago was a fail, as once again this bubble over us ripped it apart. We managed to get several inches of LAKE effect after though.

Sure hope this is gone next winter with a new pattern!

• Like 1

Looks like we will be just north of another boundary..

Sunday, the boundary will slowly track north through the day, but
primarily stay south of Lake Ontario. As the boundary tracks north,
showers will increase, with a decent west to east oriented band of
showers expected on Sunday with the boundary. The greatest shower
potential will remain south of Lake Ontario, where likely and a
narrow stripe of categorical POPs looks likely, slowly moving from
near the NY/PA line around daybreak and tracking to the south shore
of Lake Ontario by the early afternoon where it will remain mostly
in place through the day. Highs on Sunday will be in the upper 60s to
near 70 along the NY/PA line, and cool to the mid and upper 50s for
the North Country. The spread in temperatures is due to the boundary
in place with areas north of the boundary 10 to 15 degrees cooler
the areas south of the boundary.

namconus_T2m_neus_34 (1).png

12 minutes ago, sferic said:

@LakeEffectKing does Cazenovia NY do better than average then fayetsville/manlius or syracuse or was this just a fluke. Moving up to those parts so i am curious! Thanks!

Elevation made a huge difference this year , more so than in years past... Plus we were closer to that big storm in December.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sferic said:

@LakeEffectKing does Cazenovia NY do better than average then fayetsville/manlius or syracuse or was this just a fluke. Moving up to those parts so i am curious! Thanks!

If you want more consistent winter, I recommend staying in the southern part of Onondaga county. The northern third of the county averages more snowfall and can see some great rates...but the moment a south wind comes off the mountains to the south, it torches the Syracuse area. Focus on the Route 20 corridor.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

If you want more consistent winter, I recommend staying in the southern part of Onondaga county. The northern third of the county averages more snowfall and can see some great rates...but the moment a south wind comes off the mountains to the south, it torches the Syracuse area. Focus on the Route 20 corridor.

@TugHillMatt My wife and I have been seeing houses mainly a few miles south and southeast of Syracuse in developments of nice houses

I'm trying to find the sweet spot for LES, N'easters, Natural gas and high speed internet!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sferic said:

@TugHillMatt My wife and I have been seeing houses mainly a few miles south and southeast of Syracuse in developments of nice houses

I'm trying to find the sweet spot for LES, N'easters, Natural gas and high speed internet!

Northern Onondaga does better with LES, while SE Onondaga, where you're looking, does better with Noreasters and Elevation events. Housing prices are ridiculously high right now, but it seems like that may not be of concern? If not, Pompey/Fabius would be great choices. I would love to live in that area.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Northern Onondaga does better with LES, while SE Onondaga, where you're looking, does better with Noreasters and Elevation events. Housing prices are ridiculously high right now, but it seems like that may not be of concern? If not, Pompey/Fabius would be great choices. I would love to live in that area.

Ridiculously high is right but not like Long Island where my primary house is One house I saw in Jamesville or was it Fayestsville, I forget but it would go for 3x that price on Long Island. Past 8 months living at my liberty NY house ( we had a trace of snow this morning )

Just don't want to thread into areas that use propane or oil; want Natural Gas only

Looked as north as Cicero too

I appreciate the help Matt; I don't wish to clutter the forum with real estate, would you mind if I PMyou next time?

• Like 1