Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Once a weenie always a weenie. It don’t matter what season it is! Lol

Yeah I guess I’m taking BW’s stance in that it’s potential as a historical moment in our weather is the rush...if this was just white rain I’d say to hell with it, but model guidance is really trending towards low end warning amounts for certain areas...whether we achieve that is to be told.

• Like 1

How can you not be pulling for this one to hit big?!  It’s a one day storm and will easily be the most snow I’ve seen this late in the year since 1989 (if it verified!). Plus it’ll be nearly 60 two days later.  Let it snow let it snow!   Some trees have put on some significant surface area with their new leaves popping out so maybe some issues with tree damage too. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Yeah I guess I’m taking BW’s stance in that it’s potential as a historical moment in our weather is the rush...if this was just white rain I’d say to hell with it, but model guidance is really trending towards low end warning amounts for certain areas...whether we achieve that is to be told.

It hits WNY overnight and into morning hours too, so almost perfect timing. 

• Like 1

I think there’s a clear indication that the amounts in the advisory are a bit low as the NWS on their maps have raised the low amount to high end advisory and the high end to warning amounts. I’m waiting for the verbiage to change and bump up the totals to 4-8” area wide as they toy with a warning later today.