Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

58 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

It's coming:lol: I've been saying that for a month now haha

gem_asnow_neus_40 (2).png

Who really wants snow now?  It’s futile to get  a few inches at the end of March since it melts in less time than it took to fall. After the last few days I’m ready for nice weather to stay. I got out on my bike the last two days, that’s the earliest I can remember. 

• Like 1

I can not believe how long our snowpack has been holding on for the past several weeks.  We lost 30” of snow in 24hrs on Christmas Eve but held onto a 24-30” glacier for weeks of warm and sunny weather.  Granted things are mostly bare now but anywhere with northern exposure, forested, drifts etc. is still snow covered and even that is only fading slowly in these warm temperatures. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, wolfie09 said:

2000s Fulton averaged 193" a year, 15-16 years around that decade 140s on average.. Can't erase a decade but definitely an anomaly imo...

When I first moved to Fulton TS forecast Averaged 180" per season, 5 years later it's now going to be in the 160s..

Look at the damage @TugHillMatt is doing to our local Syr averages!  I expect we'll be getting challenged by NYC for seasonal snow totals in a few years!

• Haha 2

On 3/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

image.thumb.png.d10a39c8acb540de3ed89f4226233eca.png

Amazing the extremes we can get this time of year.  Notice on my FB memories I had a post from the 2012 warm spell about temps being In the 80s.  The following day I had one from 2013 about getting back from a Florida trip to a snowstorm.  At this point I’m ready for spring and set on snow until November.  

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There goes my fence 

3F9AF721-8C1A-4C2B-907C-A6A6885E2931.jpeg

Maybe a bad map?  Don’t see us in the metro gusting over 60 when they are showing a down slope wind coming out of the S - SE.  Just browsed the model runs and do see the RGEM is showing a few hours of SW winds getting close to that range on Friday.  

11 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Maybe a bad map?  Don’t see us in the metro gusting over 60 when they are showing a down slope wind coming out of the S - SE.  Just browsed the model runs and do see the RGEM is showing a few hours of SW winds getting close to that range on Friday.  

Looks like a standard SW high wind event to me, granted I only see about 4-6 hours of high winds. High Res NAM shows a classic funneling up the lake with some impressive 10m gusts.  We can only hope!!

11A22000-F2A6-45BD-A460-0DF5CC5E1C45.thumb.jpeg.c92952b0625feab422fdeda29c87c51c.jpeg

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Looks like a standard SW high wind event to me, granted I only see about 4-6 hours of high winds. High Res NAM shows a classic funneling up the lake with some impressive 10m gusts.  We can only hope!!

11A22000-F2A6-45BD-A460-0DF5CC5E1C45.thumb.jpeg.c92952b0625feab422fdeda29c87c51c.jpeg

During the day so maybe if it clears out a bit the sun will come into play...

36 minutes ago, vortmax said:

During the day so maybe if it clears out a bit the sun will come into play...

Absolutely. The most important thing for us to take wind events to the next level is good diurnal mixing. Im not sold we clear out enough in time but I’m hopeful.