Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost

moneypitmike

14 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Always remember, back end snows almost never work out....cold air either kicks out the precip or the cold is too slow to move in and it's mostly rain

Back end snows, yes.  

But originally this was supposed to change to snow, and snow for quite some time(not just back end). And those do work out many times in SNE. 

• Confused 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That seems low to me...we had one storm well over a foot, one near a foot and over a month of solid pack. Solidly below avg snowfall, but not ratter.

C- fits for me.

Below normal snowfall and above normal temps....Grinch storm.....late start to winter and a early end to winter....2 "winter" months(Jan, Mar) going virtually snowless..

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Below normal snowfall and above normal temps....Grinch storm.....late start to winter and a early end to winter....2 "winter" months(Jan, Mar) going virtually snowless..

Right....I guess its dependent on personal scale. D for me is last year....awful winter, but a great event. F would be like 2001-2002 or 2011-2012 (I got screwed in halloween deal).

I love the big events, so tough for me to fail a season when those are dished out.....if you are going to fail due to above avg temps, it may be time to implement a curve.

Right....I guess its dependent on personal scale. D for me is last year....awful winter, but a great event. F would be like 2001-2002 or 2011-2012.

I love the big events, so tough for me to fail a season when those are dished out.....if you are going to fail due to above avg temps, it may be time to implement a curve.

Two big events but not much snow fell outside of those events.  And for me temps do factor into the grade for the winter. 

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Two big events but not much snow fell outside of those events.  And for me temps do factor into the grade for the winter. 

Its also about how you arrived at the temps...I mean, after the Grinch, we had virtually no torches. It doesn't matter to me if you achieve positive anomalies by making into the 20s at night instead of teens. I'd actually prefer it, since I have to venture out in the AM.

• Like 1

Its also about how you arrived at the temps...I mean, after the Grinch, we had virtually no torches. It doesn't matter to me if you achieve positive anomalies by making into the 20s at night instead of teens. I'd actually prefer it, since I have to venture out in the AM.

we are going to have to disagree on the grade....nothing wrong with doing so. 

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

we are going to have to disagree on the grade....nothing wrong with doing so. 

Right...its fine to disagree; I'm just clarifying my case. I will admit, my affinity for large events skews my grades....conversely, I am lower on years like 1993-1994 and 2013-2014 than most.

Right...its fine to disagree; I'm just clarifying my case. I will admit, my affinity for large events skews my grades....I am lower on years like 1993-1994 and 2013-2014 than most.

93-94 and 13 -14 were stellar winters compared to the last 2 winters. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm a solid 10" below normal with a skunked Jan and now March.  I believe I only hit 0F twice.   Probably won't be able to grade better than C- here.   

It was a B, maybe even a B+.  Good long ice fishing season, no real torches except for the grinch.  And we had snowpack for weeks and weeks.  Impressive. 

58 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Was a much better winter southwest of you back this way.  I’d give it a C+/B- here.  So much better than last years ratter.  

Sitting at 50.5” on the season...an inch or two above normal.  Pretty respectable for my area.  

43 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

It was a B, maybe even a B+.  Good long ice fishing season, no real torches except for the grinch.  And we had snowpack for weeks and weeks.  Impressive. 

Snowfall amount for me was right on average.  However, January and March so far have been terrible.  Only 1 awful Grinch melter, some decent snowcover stretches.  October was fun, as was some of December.  Feb was very good.  No real cold (hit -1F for an hour total)

I'm going B-... prob C+ if March and April finish snowless or close to it