Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

People are neglecting the fact that there is also northern assist reviving the southern decay late in the game.

I'm not sure I see where the N/stream helps ... it appears to be in negative interference overall...  It's not 'phasing' - it's compressing the flow ( negative ) and that is speeding up factor and the wind max/jet structures of the S/stream end up absorbed into it and lose identity. That is way the deeper layer ( 500mb ) evolution shows it sloping back SW positive in rotation like this,

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.4c85ebbc9f62dcfd783b7f90a83b8e08.jpg

The cyclone in OH becomes a cold front SE of Nova Scotia -

Contrasting if the N/stream was late arriving assist - that would be stem wound low and not just a cold front escaping across the N Atl.

• Thanks 1

I like the Euro and NAM depiction. I think the mid levels argue for north of the pike IMO. I also think the maps south of the pike are going to be more overdone vs north of the pike. 2-4" more like 1 to maybe 2".  Maybe you cut off 25% near NH border? I think you have cooler mid levels and potentially better SG, so the 10:1 maps there aren't as egregious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s just how this season has gone. Persistence tends to win more often than not. There’s no SE ridge really do there’s no real reason why this doesn’t do the Messenger shuffle like most have this winter. Especially with that strong Dry HP nosing down 

That could happen. I'm open to that. I'm just going by gut and how it looks as depicted. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not sure I see where the N/stream helps ... it appears to be in negative interference overall...  It's not 'phasing' - it's compressing the flow ( negative ) and that is speeding up factor and the wind max/jet structures of the S/stream end up absorbed into it and lose identity. That is way the deeper layer ( 500mb ) evolution shows it sloping back SW positive in rotation like this,

Contrasting if the N/stream was late arriving assist - that would be stem wound low and not just a cold front escaping across the N Atl.

What causes this rejuvination in the precip field?

image.thumb.png.0e0c66f40367d19011266448734acd0e.png

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I like the Euro an NAM depiction. I think the mid levels argue for north of the pike IMO. I also think the maps south of the pike are going to be more overdone vs north of the pike. 2-4" more like 1 to maybe 2".  Maybe you cut off 25% near NH border? I think you have cooler mid levels and potentially better SG, so the 10:1 maps there aren't as egregious. 

Agree, for the most part.

41 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Northern stream is not phasing but it looks close to me on the models. As is, I wouldn’t expect more than a slushy inch or two but this has a lot of upside if it moves toward a phase.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm betting on another "euro fail" with a good 50-60 mile south adjustment at 48 hours. 

• eekuasepinniW changed the title to With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost
  • dendrite unpinned this topic