Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost

moneypitmike

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Euro, GFS, NAM all have at least some snow... might be a moderate event for some.   I'd rather rain for this one

My knee is hurting, so I would rather not clear the driveway if I don't have to but letting a few inches of paste freeze does not sound ideal.    You could get 4-6" there.

• Like 2

The fronto gets pretty strong on this....the biggest risk here is that there is about a 3-5 hour period of legit heavy snow with temps plummeting below freezing from mid/upper 30s rain just prior. So there could be a very fast 4-6" with a flash freeze....that's prob worst case scenario in this. Maybe somewhere in elevated W MA or N MA maybe sees something a little more than that, but not really buying 8"+ at this point. But even high end advisory snow with flash freeze is plenty bad on Friday morning.

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The fronto gets pretty strong on this....the biggest risk here is that there is about a 3-5 hour period of legit heavy snow with temps plummeting below freezing from mid/upper 30s rain just prior. So there could be a very fast 4-6" with a flash freeze....that's prob worst case scenario in this. Maybe somewhere in elevated W MA or N MA maybe sees something a little more than that, but not really buying 8"+ at this point. But even high end advisory snow with flash freeze is plenty bad on Friday morning.

Completely agree.

Don't get fooled by the N cut off....highest amounts may actually be north of town.

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Completely agree.

Don't get fooled by the N cut off....highest amounts may actually be north of town.

So far this snow season I've yet to be fooled by the north cutoff - disappointed, frustrated.  But it's been the story since snows began.  :weenie:

And anything less than 12" in SNE would likely be torched off driveways by Saturday noon.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ray, I think many will be surprised and didn't see this one coming if it holds through. I came home at noon today watching local TV(WMUR-ch9), there was no mention of snow, chance of s shower/light rain Thursday night , may end as few flurries Friday .....will see if TV mets jump on this, I just wish some ON-AIR mets, would say, "this is something we may have to watch" etc. Anyways, hope it all comes into play!

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Ray, I think many will be surprised and didn't see this one coming if it holds through. I came home at noon today watching local TV(WMUR-ch9), there was no mention of snow, chance of s shower/light rain Thursday night , may end as few flurries Friday .....will see if TV mets jump on this, I just wish some ON-AIR mets, would say, "this is something we may have to watch" etc. Anyways, hope it all comes into play!

They have 3 days to not be surprised.  :)

• Haha 1

• eekuasepinniW changed the title to With a last gasp effort, winter 20-21 refuses to give up the ghost
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic