SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This I agree with.....in general, but we will see some run-to-run fluctuation.

Yes. Hopefully the 00z suite will go west again to show us that 18z wasn't a fluke.

What I really would like to see tonight though is a huge shift in the NAM. It concerns me that it is SO far east.

If the GFS has the storm down to 964 at 96 hours, what would the NAM have it down to? 940?

You're right. How about, the trend east has stopped?

No doubt if you took the mean of all models the 12z will be the furthest east. The come narrowed by hundreds of miles. I see two strong possible changes one to a curler up here/bomb like earlier progs down the coast....models lost the feature due to speed and are now readjusting or we see a similar outcome to the gfs ens Ec ens gfs 18z etc around the bm as it gets loose. A loose bm.

Barring a catastrophic fail the bomb

Tucking in down sw is done I think. But geez models are all over the place including the Ec.

Yes. Hopefully the 00z suite will go west again to show us that 18z wasn't a fluke.

What I really would like to see tonight though is a huge shift in the NAM. It concerns me that it is SO far east.

If the GFS has the storm down to 964 at 96 hours, what would the NAM have it down to? 940?

I don't care what the NAM does, at this point to be frank; I'm quite confident that a EURO\GFS blend is the route to go here.

I expected the GFS to shake hands with the EURO at 18z and it did; all I needed to see.

It just looks a bit messy...it's literally a heart beat away from a Bomb

That's the scary thing. All the posts today from the 12z runs were awful. I was glad I was not around for that debacle. My hope is the 18z GFS is a start back west in the models for us. I guess we'll know if a few short hours. There are enough of the ensembles to the west of the mean to keep that option open. And the converse is true, there could be an adjustment east.

That's the scary thing. All the posts today from the 12z runs were awful. I was glad I was not around for that debacle. My hope is the 18z GFS is a start back west in the models for us. I guess we'll know if a few short hours. There are enough of the ensembles to the west of the mean to keep that option open. And the converse is true, there could be an adjustment east.

I just want warning criteria, at this point and I think that is a realisitc goal.

Agree 100%...I'd probably hedge toward making it with a gun to my head.

ouch!

I think we're looking at better than 50% for you. but not by much. You were nearly in warning criteria for the last storm and this one the cone is much smaller. It's developing form the west side of Florida and if given the past track, there's a chance it could hook back in. Not to mention they prolly won't be as gun shy this time around.

ouch!

I think we're looking at better than 50% for you. but not by much. You were nearly in warning criteria for the last storm and this one the cone is much smaller. It's developing form the west side of Florida and if given the past track, there's a chance it could hook back in. Not to mention they prolly won't be as gun shy this time around.

Not even close.

Just watched/participated in Matt Noyes' 640 live chat...he basically thinks the ggem's on crack and seems pretty bullish about the storm overall; thinks the pattern favors underdone QPF up until the storm arrives with the potential for a more NW track

Absofreakinglutely...the setup favors an adjust NW not east..and we saw that starting with the Euro ens today.. I think a track over or 25-50 miles west is more likely than 1 east

Just watched/participated in Matt Noyes' 640 live chat...he basically thinks the ggem's on crack and seems pretty bullish about the storm overall; thinks the pattern favors underdone QPF up until the storm arrives with the potential for a more NW track

same here. iasked the question about connecticut and i was surprised for him to say that we had a great chance in SE CT :)

Because both are prone to ocean enhancement and are often in the same zone of coastal front enhancement.

Maxima means "jackpot".

Jackpots for snowfall amounts. Banding OES ...

Thanks guys. That works for me since I am in Danvers...although I imagine a lot will change between now and then...

Archived