Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cmon paul...it's only Thursday.

I know...but this is just one feature that we really have not seen change much at all with any of the model runs...pretty much all the models have been very consistent on this occurring, even DT has began to worry a bit about the ridge/trough axis placement. He mentioned he thought this was something that may have been overcome by ridging out over the western Atlantic but thinks he might be wrong on that,

As different as we've seen the models with regards to s/w timing, phasing, s/w strength, etc the one thing they all virtually agree on is ridge/trough axis. Having these features shifted west a bit would also allow for an earlier phase which would help to ensure a clsoer track along the coast.

NCEP: "Based on the reactions from the 12z runs, I think we're going to lose viewers for the 18z. We gotta put some juice into it for this one to draw them back in a little longer"

Very nearly IDENTICAL to the 06z GFS. Just a little SE and MUCH stronger.

In case anyone is wondering, thats a 954mb low at hr96!

What a temptation. It's like watching Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis make out in Black Swan

Nice occlusion warm core at 90, that sudden jog ENE is a culprit for NH but that will adjust and smooth. Looks pretty close to what I portrayed earlier, expect QPF to be better handled later with still tremendous Atlantic inflow and slowed speed. Great run

very strongly agree with first part IF the general theme is continued

and slowed speed = awesome call the front end loaders and tell them turn around and head back JIC

Que kevin's chair and rope

I think i will do decent on this one in W. framingham but i do believe i will be hanging out in bridgewater ma sunday nite.

Now let's get this thing to slow more.

He didnt say anything about rain, but everything else was verbatim. He expects from what I could tell this to be a SE NE deal with some CP involvement.

I'm out too until much later. It's great to see consensus building around the BM. I think a hook track is on the table we see the models do this where they "slide" NE in time...bomb off NC, bomb off NJ, eventually the bomb is off the Cape or in the GOM. It was great to see the 18z suite tilt towards a more severe solution which means the 12z was probably the east outlier.

Now we just need to see 0h and 6h at 0z not off by 200 miles!

Have fun.

It's too bad this southern stream S/W isn't digging just a little more because it would tap the Gulf and convective explosion would pump some latent heat immediately down stream and feedback on building west Atlantic heights enough to bump it all west while also being very intense like the runs from a couple days ago and how often have we seen systems get lost in this time range only to charge back in the short term so all the grousing would have looked as stupid and wasteful as it really was all along....

How's that for a run-on sentence?

I think we stand in a good place here in ESNE. The most extremely se solutions gave us healthy amounts via OES. I will lock in plowable for the majority of the eastern box cwa. Models are fluctuating between a bomb and outside the benchmark cape burier. Using the tools of forecasting like don mentioned would lead one to be confident in sne experiencing adverse conditions in the eastern portions of sne. Where would I want to be right now? Probably ideally taunton ma?

Archived