SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big deal...ECM is clearly bowing to GFS, major loss for most of us as we trend from a big hit for all of SNE and NYC metro to another boring scraper. ECM has been performing miserably lately; we all assumed that the GFS was trending towards the ECM when it was truly the other way around. Incredible to think many of us could finish the month with only a couple inches of snow despite the persistent and often brutal cold. Pattern has basically been garbage though; I'm honestly ready for SW flow events and clippers even if they only give me a few inches. Unfortunately we may have to deal with an all-rain cutter around New Year's before the cold builds back in for the long range.

Lol .. the pattern has not been garbage. It's been decent, even good at times, but we have been unlucky. Many close calls

Also the GFS HAS trended to the Euro.. this is a lot closer to the Euro than the GFS actually. It just doesn't show snow IYBY. The past few GFS runs have been pretty good.. but the ones before that were miserably bad

Persistent trough yeah, but no brutal cold here. Many many days in the 20s, a few in the teens, one night down to -3F, quite a few single digits. Run of the mill stuff for here. :) In 2005 we got down to -15F in December before the ugly flip and we had a few moderate snow events. Maybe we should have hoped for 2005-2006. LOL

Big deal...ECM is clearly bowing to GFS, major loss for most of us as we trend from a big hit for all of SNE and NYC metro to another boring scraper. ECM has been performing miserably lately; we all assumed that the GFS was trending towards the ECM when it was truly the other way around. Incredible to think many of us could finish the month with only a couple inches of snow despite the persistent and often brutal cold. Pattern has basically been garbage though; I'm honestly ready for SW flow events and clippers even if they only give me a few inches. Unfortunately we may have to deal with an all-rain cutter around New Year's before the cold builds back in for the long range.

A couple of inches???. I have 0.3" LOL

Archived