SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised. The CT valley is the snow hole of New england. Always misses us. Oh well, we got our big snow for the season, a light dusting last night.

Congrats Phil...CC Crusher....basically 12/26/04 repeat. Big hit for coastal MA...maybe advisory snow to ORH...not much west. Maybe 1" to the CT River Valley.

Congrats Phil...CC Crusher....basically 12/26/04 repeat. Big hit for coastal MA...maybe advisory snow to ORH...not much west. Maybe 1" to the CT River Valley.

Big deal...ECM is clearly bowing to GFS, major loss for most of us as we trend from a big hit for all of SNE and NYC metro to another boring scraper. ECM has been performing miserably lately; we all assumed that the GFS was trending towards the ECM when it was truly the other way around. Incredible to think many of us could finish the month with only a couple inches of snow despite the persistent and often brutal cold. Pattern has basically been garbage though; I'm honestly ready for SW flow events and clippers even if they only give me a few inches. Unfortunately we may have to deal with an all-rain cutter around New Year's before the cold builds back in for the long range.

That is an absolutely ferocious commahead/CCB at 90 and 96 hours over CC and extreme E MA....if you back that 50-75 miles west, a large portion of the region gets slammed with a monster event.

I'm hoping to get in on that.......the 12/26/04 analog lives complete with the advance OES in some guidance. That was a great storm on the Cape and a very good one for me.

This one is certainly probably going to go down to the very last few model runs, just so much uncertainties and factors at play here, definitely going to take more time for the models to figure everything out and ingest everything. However, I do think it's becoming clearer that if anyone sees a decent impact from this it will definitely be out in eastern areas. We'd probably have to start seeing some significant trends for virtually the rest of SNE to get impacted. Let's see what the ens have to say though!

Big deal...ECM is clearly bowing to GFS, major loss for most of us as we trend from a big hit for all of SNE and NYC metro to another boring scraper. ECM has been performing miserably lately; we all assumed that the GFS was trending towards the ECM when it was truly the other way around. Incredible to think many of us could finish the month with only a couple inches of snow despite the persistent and often brutal cold. Pattern has basically been garbage though; I'm honestly ready for SW flow events and clippers even if they only give me a few inches. Unfortunately we may have to deal with an all-rain cutter around New Year's before the cold builds back in for the long range.

Actually they've trended toward eachother. GFS was a total fish storm a couple days ago giving nobody any snow. Now its coming to a coastal hit while the Euro is going from a big EC hit to just a coastal NE hit.

Not surpising right now since the ensemble mean has been just outside the BM pretty consistently.

Archived