SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It started very early with the misalignment within the developing trough. We can hope that this was an initialization error and that the Euro will show us great things, but the differences IMO at even h12 were so significant it was going to play out the way it did.

The GFS is okay for extreme SE MA.

The majority of that comes from an overperforming OES event! lol

It started very early with the misalignment within the developing trough. We can hope that this was an initialization error and that the Euro will show us great things, but the differences IMO at even h12 were so significant it was going to play out the way it did.

The GFS is okay for extreme SE MA.

You did a great job predicting that, really. Nailed it. What are the odds you think it was the initialization error?

I hope you didn't jinx this with that thread title. LOL

I'm psyched for my one inch from that light snow with the inverted trough. :rolleyes:

The GFS kinda lools like the winter of 2010. Lots of potential pissed away.

No instead let's analyze the US models and lock them in becuase they have been so reliable over the years. I mean this storm has no cance of coming now. The NAM and GFS aren't direct hits. And then get all the weenies worked up because the 2 garbage models aren't major hits. Just stay the course ..

And BTW I can't recall a storm in the last 2 yrs ypou've gotten right

I really don't think this looks all that badly, I know it shows the storm a bit off to the east but this continues to be really close, all we need is some phasing to occur a hair earlier...aloft this has a much better look than the NAM does. It doesn't have to be perfect this far out, it's all about timing/phasing and as long as models continue to show the potential of this occurring this definitely isn't over. This doesn't really look anything like the NAM either I don't think.

I'm starting to think American Weather has signed on to a joint-venture with the computer models...American Weather pays for the models to predict monster storms to drive traffic to these forums. The models agreed to the deal up until about 84-100 hours out, then they revert back to reality.

Your thread is on pace to make the AmericanWx Hall of Fail

lol.. Last year was the year of the block... this year is the year of the day 5 threat. I'm glad I don't have to spend Xmas looking at models now actually.

It sucks we missed this one but I guess it was never meant to be.

The euro will def come back east again at 12z and exactly like last storm it is another epic euro fail at day 4-5

No instead let's analyze the US models and lock them in becuase they have been so reliable over the years. I mean this storm has no cance of coming now. The NAM and GFS aren't direct hits. And then get all the weenies worked up because the 2 garbage models aren't major hits. Just stay the course ..

And BTW I can't recall a storm in the last 2 yrs ypou've gotten right

Don't get all cranky with me because Ryan's got your number and your storm is going down faster than Charlie Sheen on a hooker. (which ironically is a storm you swore couldn't hit us just a few days ago until the beloved EC was on board)

That is the kind of thing the GFS has been known to do in error. But this season with the model being reworked and the Euro being off its top game.. It could be that the GFS will be right, or maybe not.

The lead s/w is killing us too by knocking down the east coast ridging.

BUT the Quebec energy is west ;)

If we get part 1 to work out, part 2 is starting to shape up nicely

Archived