• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

Just in general this whole pattern has been garbage for 90% of the east coast. All along it has been obvious that the trough axis was a little east of optimum. We need a Euro type bomb to put us in the game because things start off so far south/east.

But I wouldn't waste much breath on a 72-84 hour NAM when the GFS will be out in 30 minutes.

Yeah... it's also so much further east with the trough axis and where it drops down the PV that I'm concerned. I've always thought that would be a potential issue with this... the flow would remain too flat down south and we'd have a hard time getting it north fast enough.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Remember last week at about this time, it was the 18z NAM that first showed the last big threat as a whiff. That came right on the heels of two euphoria-inducing Euro runs, so everyone just short of shrugged it off. But in retrospect it was the beginning of the end.

Wasn't last night's NAM a big shift west, though?

I don't care if it's the KMA....having any piece of guidance trendin in this manner so close in is bad news.

I would like to see the GFS/Euro sort of trend this way when their runs come out to really start seeing this as a concern. Still at a crazy hour for the NAM and just look how different it was than the 0z NAM...the NAM has been all over. At least the GFS/Euro/ens have been on the consistent side.

Just in general this whole pattern has been garbage for 90% of the east coast. All along it has been obvious that the trough axis was a little east of optimum. We need a Euro type bomb to put us in the game because things start off so far south/east.

But I wouldn't waste much breath on a 72-84 hour NAM when the GFS will be out in 30 minutes.

Yup, agreed Rick. The trough axis has been a thorn in this one's side. It's also taken the far west ptype problem off the table.

If only we could see an earlier closed look at 500mb...this run we don't start seeing it until the 84th HR and it starts to do so over NJ, if that can happen earlier and further SW that would really help with digging that trough a bit more and a bit further west. While this run doesn't look great I think it's relatively close.

In this pattern, that might not be such a wacky idea. Seriously, I'll raise an eyebrow to the NAM at this range and wait to see what the GFS and EC do in their next run before both eyebrows go up

I'll raise an eyebrow, but can easily urinate on it as well. Lots of variables, but unfortunately people get sucked in when they see 2-3' of snow modeled at 5-6 days out.

In this pattern, that might not be such a wacky idea. Seriously, I'll raise an eyebrow to the NAM at this range and wait to see what the GFS and EC do in their next run before both eyebrows go up

Obviously dismiss it if the EURO and GFS hold serve, but I'd like to see it start coming around soon, regardless.

Alright, the suicide posts are getting pretty ridiculous. It's one run of the NAM. It's bad, yes, but the last couple pages look like something we'd see on the main page *gasp*

Yes, agreed. If this is what is really going on in the thread on the main side than something needs to be done b/c it's just causing more issues for the server. Not sure why people have to live and dry with every single panel and every single model run.

I'll raise an eyebrow, but can easily urinate on it as well. Lots of variables, but unfortunately people get sucked in when they see 2-3' of snow modeled at 5-6 days out.

I agree Scott. and considering many of the past couple of years of events haven't really been "decided" until 72 hours or even less before onset its sort of crazy for this to occur to begin with.

Alright, the suicide posts are getting pretty ridiculous. It's one run of the NAM. It's bad, yes, but the last couple pages look like something we'd see on the main page *gasp*

Thank you! I said that a couple pages ago, too. It sucked in some of the best.

Sanity to be restored momentarily by the GFS.

If the 12z Euro/GFS and the ensembles continue to hold serve or be similar to what they've been showing than I will be very happy and continue to feel good about the potential despite what we saw from the NAM today and despite what the Ukie is showing...I'd feel good with continued consistency from the Euro/GFS over something like the Ukie/NAM where you've had some inconsistencies on the Ukie and just the NAM being awful at this timeframe.

Archived