• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

Well the NAM is an unmitigated disaster. Easy to see that with the 48 hour panel. Don't need much creativity to extrapolate that trainwreck.

With this pass miss the Ec and gfs took turns telling us it was a hit. At this range the nam had a different setup but indicated a good hit when everything else sucked. It ended up being very close to the nam which was the most aggressive. Let's not say it's the nam plus 48, it's done at least as well as the rest

Definitely true on the last storm. We clutched that NAM hard. I just doubt this will end up with the same outcome of failure by the globals. I think we all know anything and everything will go wrong with timing and phasing but still, it is the Euro and GFS against it. For now anyways.

Ray showing some cautious optimism FTW!

That's not optimism for him; he'd call that an unmitigated disaster.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely true on the last storm. We clutched that NAM hard. I just doubt this will end up with the same outcome of failure by the globals. I think we all know anything and everything will go wrong with timing and phasing but still, it is the Euro and GFS against it. For now anyways.

That's not optimism for him; he'd call that an unmitigated disaster.

You are correct! :lol:

You're just as bad as Ray at times. AHHHHHHH!!!!!! We're all doomed, one model is a whiff. Seriously?

Until the GFS, Euro, and it's associated ensm. go bye-bye, we're all good.

The gfs ens sucked at this range on the last event and so did the Ec but that's irrelevant too. We are simply talking about the 12z nam or we can go back to talking about our wives or our feelings about hot chocolate.

The definition of bias as defined by someone at hpc posted on another thread was ignoring guidance that doesn't have positives to support a position.

The NAM should be discounted until other guidance comes in as it has made wild changes but it's hard to ignore that the Ec has as well. The gfs couldn't forecast this last event six hours out.

I mean if the NAM showed a close whiff or brush of the mid atlantic/SE NE I'd still feel good.

But this. Ouch.

What makes me nervous on this, is even at 48 hours, when compared to the euro, the NAM was notably different with the orientation of the ridge/back side of the trough, in terms of how steep the gradient is, and how much the PV and northern stream energy is diving down.

Lol. This isn't the pilot announcing some engine trouble this is the pilot telling you both wings just fell off.

It's one run and it isn't that far from being a good hit but it's a shot across the bow.

Yeah... it's also so much further east with the trough axis and where it drops down the PV that I'm concerned. I've always thought that would be a potential issue with this... the flow would remain too flat down south and we'd have a hard time getting it north fast enough.

Lol. This isn't the pilot announcing some engine trouble this is the pilot telling you both wings just fell off.

It's one run and it isn't that far from being a good hit but it's a shot across the bow.

come one.. is one NAM run, ..if the GFS moves to the NAM then I worry a little.. but as long as the EC holds I am OK, specially since we are <100hrs.. actually sub < 84 hrs no?

I'll keep the NAM solution in mind as we go through the rest of the suite. Can't discount it just because it shows an undesireable result.

Exactly. Remember last week at about this time, it was the 18z NAM that first showed the last big threat as a whiff. That came right on the heels of two euphoria-inducing Euro runs, so everyone just short of shrugged it off. But in retrospect it was the beginning of the end.

come one.. is one NAM run, ..if the GFS moves to the NAM then I worry a little.. but as long as the EC holds I am OK, specially since we are <100hrs.. actually sub < 84 hrs no?

It was the 06z the NAM that portended the last fail....doesn't necessarily mean that is happening again, but sometimes at catches things.

Archived