• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS-NOWCAST: Back-Back snow accumulation risk (late March 16). This thread focused on March 19, 2021

wdrag

Just now, weatherfreeeeak said:

We didn’t get as much as expected 

I have seen some bust posts on here but I wouldn't go that far yet with additional precipitation moving into the area which could bring up to another 0.50" give or take IMO. But overall yes not quite as much as some of the models were showing. 

Other than e LI little hope for anything on the grass.  NYC had a T of snow between 2-330A but basically no winter weather drama. Typically used modeling wasn't good. Even the region up n of I84 was a bust, where ensembles had much better chances. Will post whatever CoCoRAHS snow reports, in graphic format, toward 7P as a wrap.  Whatever late winter chance we had for snow in NYC, this may have been it this week.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Other than e LI little hope for anything on the grass.  NYC had a T of snow between 2-330A but basically no winter weather drama. Typically used modeling wasn't good. Even the region up n of I84 was a bust, where ensembles had much better chances. Will post whatever CoCoRAHS snow reports, in graphic format, toward 7P as a wrap.  Whatever late winter chance we had for snow in NYC, this may have been it this week.  

The models have also been overdone with QPF overall as well. I actually can't wait for the current GFS to be replaced. Onto spring/summer and severe weather.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bluewave said:

About .68 here is SW Suffolk. Less rain than forecast. Maybe the convection associated with the high risk to our south threw the models off. 

Might have contributed. It was a pretty solid bust by the models. Central Park had 0.63”, ISP 0.59” when close to 2” was widely shown. If this was snow we’d all be quite disappointed. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Might have contributed. It was a pretty solid bust by the models. Central Park had 0.63”, ISP 0.59” when close to 2” was widely shown. If this was snow we’d all be quite disappointed. 

This happens all the time during convection season. Model forecasts often don’t match the location of the best convection. You could see all the best convection going by just our south yesterday. 

THE ATLANTIC CITY NJ CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR MARCH 18 2021...

PRECIPITATION (IN)                                                    
  YESTERDAY        1.73          1.76 1946   0.15   1.58     0.01   

Can't disagree on model performance horrible.  Even where ensembles had 1"+ snow n of I84...  just wretched.  

Wont post CoCoRaHs: not worth it.  believe it or not, spotty 1/2" se NYS, nw of the forum, and would you also believe MVY and ACK had .1 to .3" as of the the reporting time this morning.  Grade on this thread: nice LT but results were a non event throughout. Poor. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, bluewave said:

This happens all the time during convection season. Model forecasts often don’t match the location of the best convection. You could see all the best convection going by just our south yesterday. 

THE ATLANTIC CITY NJ CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR MARCH 18 2021...

PRECIPITATION (IN)                                                    
  YESTERDAY        1.73          1.76 1946   0.15   1.58     0.01   

it also happens a lot during dry periods