Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Short/Medium Range Severe Thread

Hoosier

36 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Or if you are going to post something at least post why and multiple progression maps, just a random zomg map says nothing.

I will say this, Not everyone is on the same level. I am still learning and come to these boards to learn and even debate different view points.  Please take into consideration when new comers come and post

17 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I will say this, Not everyone is on the same level. I am still learning and come to these boards to learn and even debate different view points.  Please take into consideration when new comers come and post

Learning people do much better listening instead of just randomly shouting which is what your one map did. I have no idea if there is instability or anything associated with that. All these things matter.

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Learning people do much better listening instead of just randomly shouting which is what your one map did. I have no idea if there is instability or anything associated with that. All these things matter.

Or, maybe, since you're a meteorologist, you could make the assumption that since he responded to a post about a PDS tor sounding there's probably some instability there and he just shared a map of a parameter he found to be most impressive. Posting said map isn't "shouting", its posting weather related information on a weather forum. 

The weather regionally is pretty boring right now and @StormfanaticInd is single handedly keeping some of these threads going, you red tags e bullying everything he posts instead of educating him and the rest of us noobs on what you disagree with doesn't make you cool, it makes you a douche bag. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

Or, maybe, since you're a meteorologist, you could make the assumption that since he responded to a post about a PDS tor sounding there's probably some instability there and he just shared a map of a parameter he found to be most impressive. Posting said map isn't "shouting", its posting weather related information on a weather forum. 

The weather regionally is pretty boring right now and @StormfanaticInd is single handedly keeping some of these threads going, you red tags e bullying everything he posts instead of educating him and the rest of us noobs on what you disagree with doesn't make you cool, it makes you a douche bag. 

Right, I am the problem. You haven't posted but a couple times in several months, I don't think you understand the dynamic of this subforum. It really isn't hard to let stuff naturally progress in threads instead of just randomly posting stuff with no commentary. I could post a crazy map every 6 hours but that would be meaningless especially since the models change constantly. Which is why I suggested he listen more, I know everyone doesn't have the same background here but you have many long time posters who do just fine without the background a met may have. This wouldn't even be a thing if he didn't just keep doing it after suggesting to post less nonsense that is 8+ days out. Stuff that far out has minimal verification skills to it.

8 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Right, I am the problem. You haven't posted but a couple times in several months, I don't think you understand the dynamic of this subforum. It really isn't hard to let stuff naturally progress in threads instead of just randomly posting stuff with no commentary. I could post a crazy map every 6 hours but that would be meaningless especially since the models change constantly. Which is why I suggested he listen more, I know everyone doesn't have the same background here but you have many long time posters who do just fine without the background a met may have. This wouldn't even be a thing if he didn't just keep doing it after suggesting to post less nonsense that is 8+ days out. Stuff that far out has minimal verification skills to it.

You have an issue with him doing that but not the original post he responded to?

ETA: I don't post very much because I would rather "listen more". But I have been a member of this forum for over a decade under one username or another and read basically every post on every thread for the sub forums I am interested in. 

1 hour ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Gee, thanks. Then I'll stop posting and let this place become a ghost town.

Stebo isn’t exactly known for being tactful. It’s been quiet around here and even if it’s only a single map, it’s at least something to keep this thread alive. It’s not as though we’re in Storm Mode where posts have to live up to a higher level of quality and scrutiny. What you posted was a curiosity at worst and a “oh, maybe we ought to keep an eye out on this time period” at best. 

• Like 1

I'm pro letting people post stuff and educating them on what it means or encouraging a use of ensemble means vs. a single run of an model.   I agree that 192 hour model graphics aren't useful on their own but it can't hurt to teach people, no matter which poster it is.   I'd rather turn the weenies into knowledgeable weenies.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madwx said:

I'm pro letting people post stuff and educating them on what it means or encouraging a use of ensemble means vs. a single run of an model.   I agree that 192 hour model graphics aren't useful on their own but it can't hurt to teach people, no matter which poster it is.   I'd rather turn the weenies into knowledgeable weenies.  

This is how I feel to be honest, I don't mind long range discussion at all if it is in a post using ensembles and actually discussing the stuff.

8 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

Stebo isn’t exactly known for being tactful. It’s been quiet around here and even if it’s only a single map, it’s at least something to keep this thread alive. It’s not as though we’re in Storm Mode where posts have to live up to a higher level of quality and scrutiny. What you posted was a curiosity at worst and a “oh, maybe we ought to keep an eye out on this time period” at best. 

Its a generality, and more so to the person who posted the map to be honest. It doesn't hurt to actually post a bit of discussion as to why you are posting a day 8-9 map. We have done this forever around here regardless of my tactfulness.

Not even gonna lie, Stebo is fairly tactful in my book so long as he doesn't think you're a total COC. Imo he handled this situation pretty well; definitely better than others have recently. Maybe we should make a thread specifically for low-quality posts. Maybe it could be the long-buried banter thread

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, Stebo said:

This is how I feel to be honest, I don't mind long range discussion at all if it is in a post using ensembles and actually discussing the stuff.

Its a generality, and more so to the person who posted the map to be honest. It doesn't hurt to actually post a bit of discussion as to why you are posting a day 8-9 map. We have done this forever around here regardless of my tactfulness.

What a hypocrite D39F2291-36BA-46FF-BF1C-B5971CDA516D.thumb.jpeg.53baf0dab8f61914087851f4dd9b7e49.jpeg

come back from South Carolina,  we need you

But then I’d lose my tan haha!

In all honesty the weather down here is wonderful, but man is it uneventful so I follow your threads and FaceTime my family whenever a severe storm or snow storm hits. Right now we’re in a pattern of 75/50 every day with low humidity and sunshine which is pretty tough to beat