Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Banter/Complaint Thread

madwx

5 hours ago, Hoosier said:

This will be my one and only post about this here...

I know that many of you use this board for weather discussion and nothing else.  You'll see that my color has changed and that I am no longer a moderator.  As far as what happened, I have my version of events, others have theirs, and we'll leave it at that.  A member's sideshow has never had a place for discussion here. 

That being said, the staff was put in a bad position.  It's my fault and I apologize.

As far as things going forward, well, I don't know.  I have absolutely no involvement in any deliberations happening behind the scenes as far as a moderator, or if we will even have one (a couple subforums don't). 

I have been with this board for over 10 years and made who knows how many thousands of posts in this subforum, and I have a lot more to give.  I look forward to discussing the weather again, and hopefully it starts with something interesting tomorrow.

I don't have a clue about what happened, but sorry to hear that you're not a mod anymore. I for one am thankful that you will still be posting, as you are one of the more educated, level-headed posters here. I've learned a ton from you over the years. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

In the midst of this putrid severe weather year for most of the country, anecdotally, WI and MI seem to cashing in.

Upper Midwest in general finally got in its first "tornadoes for all who want them" pattern in quite a few years from the latter half of July through about the first third of August. Even I and @Malacka11 managed to cash in a little bit.

Still have things to kick myself for on each chase, but at least there WERE chases.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fluoronium said:

I've never seen a tornado in anything above a SPC 5% tornado risk

See, I think this makes sense in a way.  There are a lot more 2 or 5 percent tornado days than there are higher days.  If you play those lower days regularly, you're going to hit sometimes.

22 hours ago, Hoosier said:

This will be my one and only post about this here...

I know that many of you use this board for weather discussion and nothing else.  You'll see that my color has changed and that I am no longer a moderator.  As far as what happened, I have my version of events, others have theirs, and we'll leave it at that.  A member's sideshow has never had a place for discussion here. 

That being said, the staff was put in a bad position.  It's my fault and I apologize.

As far as things going forward, well, I don't know.  I have absolutely no involvement in any deliberations happening behind the scenes as far as a moderator, or if we will even have one (a couple subforums don't). 

I have been with this board for over 10 years and made who knows how many thousands of posts in this subforum, and I have a lot more to give.  I look forward to discussing the weather again, and hopefully it starts with something interesting tomorrow.

Have appreciated your decisions as a moderator and especially your postings and educational knowledge, neighbor.  Hope you will continue to enrich us with your observations.

• Like 1

Wife and I went up to Mackinaw Island over the weekend.    A few observations: 

1. I thought Ohio drivers were terrible,  Michiganders say, "hold my beer".    Once we got north of Brighton it was like the autobahn.  I was going 95mph and didn't realize it because so was everyone else.   That wouldn't have been a bad thing except for the fact that it would go from 95 to stopped traffic and back to 95 for no apparent reason.

2. Roads were in rough shape.

3. Mackinaw was beautiful.... never seen water that clear and blue outside the Carribean.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, buckeye said:

1. I thought Ohio drivers were terrible,  Michiganders say, "hold my beer".    Once we got north of Brighton it was like the autobahn.  I was going 95mph and didn't realize it because so was everyone else.   That wouldn't have been a bad thing except for the fact that it would go from 95 to stopped traffic and back to 95 for no apparent reason.

3. Mackinaw was beautiful.... never seen water that clear and blue outside the Carribean.

All true.

12 hours ago, buckeye said:

Michiganders are ridiculously fast drivers. The awful driving habits of that state is one of the only things I DON'T miss about living there. I miss so much about living in West Michigan...but the drivers there suck. It's such a shame, because outside of the driving, so many Michiganders are such wonderful people. After our visit to see old friends there, we are considering moving back in the next few years.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 9:34 AM, buckeye said:

2. Roads were in rough shape...

Sounds about right.

The weird thing though is that while the drivers are like bats out of hell, they're not reckless like in some other places. And they're masters at dodging potholes. 

11 hours ago, Powerball said:

Sounds about right.

The weird thing though is that while the drivers are like bats out of hell, they're not reckless like in some other places. And they're masters at dodging potholes. 

Potholes, what potholes.  Didn't our governor say she was going to fix the #@!$ roads.  Sorry for the political interjection, but I couldn't pass that one up.  In all seriousness, glad you enjoyed your visit to Michigan @buckeye.  You actually had a pretty good summary there.  Went to Mackinaw Island this summer and like you agree it is a nice place to visit with some really cool blue water, especially if you leave the main tourist area at the docks.

6 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Excessive speed sounds reckless to me.

Yep. Although driving between MN and IL a lot during the PLANDEMIC, I've noticed everyone driving 80+ through Wisconsin. Your stupid gross oversized second home isn't going anywhere, weekend warrior.

• Haha 1