Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Banter/Complaint Thread

madwx

2 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

B2b beach days, water is perfect and crystal clear

If you don't mind me asking Alek, what's your favorite beach? I moved here from Germany over a decade ago and I've been to lake Michigan exactly twice, with one of those times being just this last Monday. Went to Montrose beach and I have to admit I was surprised by how nice everything was. The water was so clear, the sand was so... sandy... But what's your favorite?

• Like 2

I live very close to foster and hollywood so I'm partial to those, generally speaking they all have a certain scene so it depends on the vibe u r looking for.

Best to get a bike a check a few, I also like 31st on the s side and the small residential beaches in Rogers Park

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

I live very close to foster and hollywood so I'm partial to those, generally speaking they all have a certain scene so it depends on the vibe u r looking for.

Best to get a bike a check a few, I also like 31st on the s side and the small residential beaches in Rogers Park

Appreciate it man, I'll do some research

3 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

serious death ridge for california in the extended on the gfs, have a feeling it's a case of u ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to smoke filled skies

Apparently Lake Oroville will drop low enough that the hydroelectric plant will likely have to be shut down for the first time due to low lake levels in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It appears 0.58" will be my rain total for July (drier than 2012) as models have pushed any rain into August.  This pattern sucks... surge of heat -> capped, dry frontal passage -> cooler, but dry -> repeat, ad infinitum.  We will never get any decent rain out of this pattern.

Yeah I'm ready for Fall/Winter.  Definitely the quietest year for thunderstorms (IMBY) I've ever seen in my 44yrs on this planet.  Just getting garden variety convection has been a huge struggle all year.

• Like 1