Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Banter/Complaint Thread

madwx

9 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I only bring it up because we are indeed in a fourth wave which sucks

And things will probably pick up again in fall/winter (maybe focused more in the northern states at that time?).  We are pretty much in the learn to live with it stage.

Actually I am curious to see what will happen in just a month or two as kids return to school.  It has been thought that schools are not necessarily prime sources of transmission, but there will be more schools doing in-person learning than last year and there's a possibility that mitigation measures that were previously effective in schools may not hold up as well against delta.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

And things will probably pick up again in fall/winter (maybe focused more in the northern states at that time?).  We are pretty much in the learn to live with it stage.

Actually I am curious to see what will happen in just a month or two as kids return to school.  It has been thought that schools are not necessarily prime sources of transmission, but there will be more schools doing in-person learning than last year and there's a possibility that mitigation measures that were previously effective in schools may not hold up as well against delta.

The delta variant seems to be stronger and affects young people more easily. 

As far as the fall and winter there are many variables at play. Pretty much flying somewhat blind. Hopefully it doesn't get too out of control 

*Edit Yikes Florida had over 12k cases today :thumbsdown:

On 7/21/2021 at 3:28 AM, UMB WX said:

I wouldn't look in a mirror if I was you either. amazing we both are allowed to post on this forum.

I'm fully aware I wasn't (and still am not) an easy person to get along with.

But at least I've since mostly moved on from the petty insults/attacks some folks still engage in with each other while also accomplishing some productive stuff. 

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

We wouldn’t be as deep into the learn to live with it stage if people would have just gotten one or two little shots. Exactly what I said all along in the covid thread, and exactly why people like me are frustrated. Delete this post if you believe you must, but that’s how I feel and that’s how a lot of people I know feel.

There's zero risk to this demographic anyhow. Oh, before you mention kids spreading the virus to other more health sensitive populations, that's generally how all diseases spread. What's the threshold on how many deaths are too many? At some point we have get on with things.

26 minutes ago, Geoboy645 said:

Can we reawaken the covid thread so the rest of us can ignore this stuff? Please?

I deleted my own post, out of respect to people who come on here to read about weather but instead see a bunch of posts about covid.

It did still get quoted by someone though.

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

We wouldn’t be as deep into the learn to live with it stage if people would have just gotten one or two little shots. Exactly what I said all along in the covid thread, and exactly why people like me are frustrated. Delete this post if you believe you must, but that’s how I feel and that’s how a lot of people I know feel.

I mean, I think we sort of knew that it was going to unfold this way.  I'm not talking about nailing exact numbers and trajectories, but that we would reach a point where vaccine demand would slow down a lot and covid numbers would reach some level and then struggle to keep dropping.  It is what it is.  There is an option out there for people who want it.