• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Banter/Complaint Thread

madwx

Spent the past 8 days helping guide a chase tour. We unfortunately didn’t get a tornado, but had high quality storms most days...Chasing anywhere from near the Mexico border to Nebraska.

If anyone has ever pondered heading out on one of these tours, do it. It’s one of the best experiences you’ll have...Not only because of the chasing, but because of the people you meet on the tour and along the way, and places you visit along the way.

I’ll throw some pictures up later.

A few pics. Forum upload compression ftl

94b376807c05962cfc95c21baa1b9743.jpeg
8629028219b8c8d4204b3b5ebfbd47b6.jpeg
a227b55458ea937b0c9c23094863ff60.jpeg
b1c835c20beaba6707a1161ec02fd588.jpeg
90c43b17c3edbee391a7632df2b03863.jpeg
f6c78e9dccd5bed23c2966bcaad489ae.jpeg
ef8add9fca8572f0fa61e2e3dd4a5361.jpeg
25b894c1e7a041bafe52c0963a4fbf0a.jpeg
3ca853e3fda669d59c423cda1df53e6c.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 4:56 PM, Chicago Storm said:

Spent the past 8 days helping guide a chase tour. We unfortunately didn’t get a tornado, but had high quality storms most days...Chasing anywhere from near the Mexico border to Nebraska.

If anyone has ever pondered heading out on one of these tours, do it. It’s one of the best experiences you’ll have...Not only because of the chasing, but because of the people you meet on the tour and along the way, and places you visit along the way.

I’ll throw some pictures up later.

A local weather friend Michael & his wife Kristin were just out chasing all over the country, I wonder if it was your tour?

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

It must be a blast to be a fruit grower in this state. Frost every morning for what, a week to 10 days straight? Then blink and here comes the heat. And no rain. This weather better not mess with my fall apple picking:lol:

Good luck growing anything this year in Michigan.  We are so screwed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frostfern said:

Good luck growing anything this year in Michigan.  We are so screwed.

I hope you are wrong.  My strawberries and blueberries seem to have survived the multiple frosts and my garden is in .  Looking at getting a better watering setup in case the drought conditions continue or worsen over the summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

I hope you are wrong.  My strawberries and blueberries seem to have survived the multiple frosts and my garden is in .  Looking at getting a better watering setup in case the drought conditions continue or worsen over the summer.

Here, snowfall was above avg in Nov, Feb, & Apr...but the last month with above avg liquid precipitation was September.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

We are in unusual times with how quiet it is thunderstorm wise. I think I've only heard thunder maybe three times so far this spring :facepalm:

I guess the pattern will change to something more zonal starting Tuesday.  ECMWF has decent MUCAPE coming up the MS valley finally.  Worried it will be a lot of whiff south for MBY though.

2 hours ago, luckyweather said:

Less than a month to the solstice and the sun angle starts the descent to its minima.

That is so weird.  This morning, before I saw this post, I thought to myself that I bet somebody is going to post about how it's only 1 month until the days start getting shorter.

• Like 1

A dry cold front passed through Las Vegas yesterday, with some incredibly dry air...and cold temps for the time of year. 

At 3 PM yesterday, it was 85/-19, RH 1%. :lmao:  I've never seen an RH of 1% before, or even 2-3%.

It may only hit the low 70s today, and drop into the low 50s tonight.  Normals are 91/68.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Today is 10 years since the Joplin tornado.

Initial reports can be unreliable, so you knew it was going to be really bad when they were already saying that there were over 20 fatalities very early on.

Bagged a needle nader out near Parnell IA that afternoon.  Little did we know what was going on in the next state south.  Can't believe that it's been 10yrs already, sheesh.

8 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Man it feels like I'm living in Michigan or something with the lack of any severe prospects this year.  :devilsmiley:

For here its lack of thunder period and not even good rain.  Gray.  Sprinkle here spinkle there. Shields are up preventing anything enough to be beneficial, but we still get the depressing clouds.  Might as well be living in Scottland.

• Like 1