• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2021 Banter/Complaint Thread

madwx

It's sunny but not warm enough yet, there hasn't been nor is there the slightest hint of a severe weather threat anywhere in the nation in the near term; next week's system(s) look to be moisture-starved because somehow cold fronts are still scouring the Gulf even though we got rid of the abominable cold air over a week ago.

There's my complaint.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, CheeselandSkies said:

It's sunny but not warm enough yet, there hasn't been nor is there the slightest hint of a severe weather threat anywhere in the nation in the near term; next week's system(s) look to be moisture-starved because somehow cold fronts are still scouring the Gulf even though we got rid of the abominable cold air over a week ago.

There's my complaint.

Split-stream patterns scour the gulf this time of year.

Ready 2 b buried... If I can get there.

Flight scheduled Friday morning from ORD into DEN. Supposed to be staying and skiing in Winter Park and nearby for a week, my first time skiing in 6 years.

This insanity from the 06z GFS is probably overdone, but there is precedent for insane totals in slow moving upslope events. March 17-20, 2003 produced 31.8" in Denver and up to 50 to almost 90" in the foothills out to around the continental divide. Winter Park ski resort had almost 80" lol. Would be cool to experience a historic event out there.

https://atoc.colorado.edu/~cassano/weather/march2003_snow/index.htm1e93c57316ec43753a2971e155780b4b.jpg3cc7c10af3f67d57ff3f2622c094a7cb.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

RC is starting the celebration early this year. :beer::D

Sunday (St. Patrick`s Day) also has an increasing chance to end up
dry and seasonable, especially if the bowling ball over the High
Plains continues to slow. Official forecast has some low PoPs due
to some operational and ensemble members still slightly faster.
While it`s several days out, think that trend will be toward
consensus of slower ECMWF suite, which would hold rain off until
Sunday night at the earliest, and possibly not until Monday.
Temperatures will be in the 40s on Sunday for most, though again
upper 30s lakeside. Chance PoPs on Monday appear quite reasonable
and if this ends up being the day with more widespread light to
moderate rain as it appears it could be, temperatures would
probably also end up lower than in official forecast. Pattern
looks to remain on the active side beyond day 7, with typically
low confidence in the details. The current CPC 6-10 and 8-14 day
outlooks favor temperatures to average out below normal.

Castro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

RC is starting the celebration early this year. 
Sunday (St. Patrick`s Day) also has an increasing chance to end updry and seasonable, especially if the bowling ball over the HighPlains continues to slow. Official forecast has some low PoPs dueto some operational and ensemble members still slightly faster.While it`s several days out, think that trend will be towardconsensus of slower ECMWF suite, which would hold rain off untilSunday night at the earliest, and possibly not until Monday.Temperatures will be in the 40s on Sunday for most, though againupper 30s lakeside. Chance PoPs on Monday appear quite reasonableand if this ends up being the day with more widespread light tomoderate rain as it appears it could be, temperatures wouldprobably also end up lower than in official forecast. Patternlooks to remain on the active side beyond day 7, with typicallylow confidence in the details. The current CPC 6-10 and 8-14 dayoutlooks favor temperatures to average out below normal.Castro

Definitely got my dates screwed up lol. Case of the midnights The weekend before a weekday St Pat's is traditionally St. Pat's weekend though

On 3/8/2021 at 10:23 AM, RCNYILWX said:

Ready 2 b buried... If I can get there.

Flight scheduled Friday morning from ORD into DEN. Supposed to be staying and skiing in Winter Park and nearby for a week, my first time skiing in 6 years.

This insanity from the 06z GFS is probably overdone, but there is precedent for insane totals in slow moving upslope events. March 17-20, 2003 produced 31.8" in Denver and up to 50 to almost 90" in the foothills out to around the continental divide. Winter Park ski resort had almost 80" lol. Would be cool to experience a historic event out there.

https://atoc.colorado.edu/~cassano/weather/march2003_snow/index.htm1e93c57316ec43753a2971e155780b4b.jpg3cc7c10af3f67d57ff3f2622c094a7cb.gif

They need all the moisture they can get now if another hot dry summer is on the way.  Sadly the beetles have already done so much damage.  So much dead fire fuel.  Elevated dead logs dry out like crazy in the heat no matter how much snow there was in the spring.

• Like 1

Guys, I saw a quasi-dust devil today while on a run. I was deep in this forest preserve, with a friend, when we noticed leaves whipping around us. We turned to our right and there was a legitimate cone of dust maybe half a foot wide and a foot tall zipping around the prairie next to us, a mere 20' away. No clouds overhead, and the whole area was still smoldering for a controlled burn, maybe the heat caused it. It was really cool but short lived, it cross the path and died out in less than a minute. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stebo said:

My complaint is that it is boring as **** right now. No precip other than the trace last night for 15 days.

Yea.  What really stinks is getting cloudy skies and brisk easterly winds with temps in the mid-upper 30s... yet zero beneficial precip.  If it's going to be boring I prefer sunny skies at least.  Though we did have a pretty sunny stretch earlier in the month.  It's just annoying being stuck on the northern fringe of the southern stream track... and then not even getting any precip.  Chilly easterly winds and clouds are so depressing this time of year.

• Like 1

The models are kinda all over the place with the next wave train after this dry stretch.  The first low is occluding way northwest, but the southern stream stuff after that is just unpredictable.  Waiting for the GFS to give me a snowstorm.  lol.

Does anyone think the warmup in the long range is real?  Early April torch signals have been persistent despite the last week of March having a lot of spread.