Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

Our dog was complaining at the back door this morning, thought he just had to go out. As I'm half asleep and opening up the slider I noticed a large bobcat walking on the edge of the yard. Our dog is a 65 lbs. hound mix and that cat would have messed him up. I know they can range up to 40lbs but it looked to be larger than that. Surprised how low to ground but long it was are, very dark brown too. Looked nothing like pictures I have seen of them around here. Bummed my phone was in the other room and I couldn't get a picture of it. 

I was in your area for an appt last winter 2020 and was driving the back roads, a bobcat crossed the road in front of me and stopped on the side, I got a good look at him and we stared at each other for about a minute, once I grabbed my camera it took off so never got a pic. I assume you have all kinds of wildlife in your area.

I would say Home Depot in Greenfield was about 70% masks.  I wore one to be polite since I still have a dry cough from last weeks cold. Most of the staff had no masks and I was definitely getting some funny looks every time I cleared my throat. LOL. Guess what folks, people cough from other things besides Covid, deal with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Busiest I’ve seen town since 2019.  Place is packed like it’s fall foliage.  Traffic, every business seems full to the gills.  I think this summer tourism season is going to be off the charts.

Can just hear the economy churning in the sound of cash registers ringing.

I haven’t been inside in a couple days but at least in the crowds outdoors there’s no masks.  Honestly it doesn’t even matter either.  Peeps can do what they want now.

C37CCDA0-1F4E-4F9D-86E7-D01CC48B665A.thumb.jpeg.5bffa1e850e1e69d7d40bcca917b96bd.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Red Sox-Marlins game got postponed. No makeup date announced yet. 

Damn, they are so fun to watch right now, ha.  I look forward to it every day after the past two seasons of wtf play by the Sox.

Guess it’s good, get a rest day before Astros and Yankees series coming up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Damn, they are so fun to watch right now, ha.  I look forward to it every day after the past two seasons of wtf play by the Sox.

Guess it’s good, get a rest day before Astros and Yankees series coming up.

Yea, I wanted to watch a game. They probably could have played later this evening. Marlins likely have a shared off day at sone point when they are up this way and they both decided to postpone. Grounds guys probably were glad too. They have a week plus to get things back in shape. Friday nights game wrecked the infield. Sox aren’t back till the 8th.

• Like 1

Went to the local Price Chopper. Brought a mask but did not wear it until I got to the checkout.  Prob 60/40 mask vs no mask. 
I put the mask on at the checkout because the cashier is an older lady and she was wearing a mask. They are not required to and I wanted her to feel more comfortable.  She has been there for years and we struck up a friendship during the pandemic.    She is all vaxxed as well but  still didn’t feel confident enough to go without. 

I felt self conscious not wearing one but it wasn’t a big deal. Helped in the produce aisle opening the stupid thin film bags. Lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PhineasC said:

The people still wearing masks and worrying about COVID are the vaccinated. Those who by choice haven’t taken the vaccine have never been worried about COVID (clearly) and are glad to be 100% maskless. 

A couple of friends and coworkers of mine who were really, really worried about COVID and are naturally very big worriers (one of them has been terrified of Ebola, West Nile, Zika, bird flu, etc for years) are finally starting to come out of their shells. One of them even asked to grab a beer next week. I haven't seen him since February 2020. I think the peer pressure PF was talking about earlier will start to force some of these reluctant souls to rejoin the party. Clearly, it's quickly reverting back to being "kinda weird" to be a masked-up scared shut-in who shuns people. I think by July 4th COVID will seem like a past memory for even most of the diehards.

Ya most those viruses are a stretch to get. You have to be in a hot zone to get Ebola lol

25 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yea, I wanted to watch a game. They probably could have played later this evening. Marlins likely have a shared off day at sone point when they are up this way and they both decided to postpone. Grounds guys probably were glad too. They have a week plus to get things back in shape. Friday nights game wrecked the infield. Sox aren’t back till the 8th.

No way. Total washout this evening too.

24 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The classier MA folk go the Cape

Never understood the allure. I’ve done the cape rental thing a few times. All but once I’ve had less than desirable weather for the week. Cape wether is too unpredictable to drop that much money. 
For a beach week, I can drive to NC, do a Sunday to Sunday rental, a Saturday and a Monday on the road. House price is generally cheaper for a bigger house right on the beach with a pool, and I’m pretty much guaranteed a week of warm 80 plus degree weather with sun. Maybe a pop up thunderstorm here and there, but no week long wheel of ‘rhea like I’ve seen here.   

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Never understood the allure. I’ve done the cape rental thing a few times. All but once I’ve had less than desirable weather for the week. Cape wether is too unpredictable to drop that much money. 
For a beach week, I can drive to NC, do a Sunday to Sunday rental, a Saturday and a Monday on the road. House price is generally cheaper for a bigger house right on the beach with a pool, and I’m pretty much guaranteed a week of warm 80 plus degree weather with sun. Maybe a pop up thunderstorm here and there, but no week long wheel of ‘rhea like I’ve seen here.  

Go to the cape in Sept.  Cheaper, better weather, warm water.  Not that there's anything wrong with NC other than the drive.  Now you can take Breeze airways nonstop to ORF.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, radarman said:

Go to the cape in Sept.  Cheaper, better weather, warm water.  Not that there's anything wrong with NC other than the drive.  Now you can take Breeze airways nonstop to ORF.

Cape is better in Sept for sure. I still have school age kids so we pretty much have to do 3rd week of June to mid August.

And the water off the Cape is never warm enough for me! :D

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

yeah the few times I went weather was iffy.   Prefer south Jersey personally-about the same distance from here- warmer water better weather overall.

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We go to the Cape in August. Specifically Brewster. It’s warm and humid and the bay side is bath water. It’s an epic time to go. 

Attending I worked with at the Brigham had a small cape in Brewster. He used to give me and another resident the keys. We were both single and go down there for a long weekend, drink and try to pick up girls. 30 years, one wife, 2 kids  and 30 pounds ago!

• Like 1