Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Supposedly a guy from Pennsylvania bringing back a bunch for family and friends.  I’m going to say he is violating alcohol transportation  laws in multiple states. 

I remember when Heddy Topper was at its height of popularity and you could only get limited amounts, there was a lawyer in Burlington who tried to sell a case on Craig’s List. The Department of Liquor Control had a little talk with her. She was and maybe still is a staff attorney for the State board that regulates utilities. She also applied to work in my unit at the Attorney General’s Office. We did not hire her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Now can you remind me who these shadowy elite figures are? 

Big corporations, certain extremely wealthy foundations/individuals, various UN agencies and NGOs, govt agencies operating independently of any election are some examples. Being suspicious of these insanely wealthy/powerful groups and people who are totally untouchable through normal political processes does not make you a conspiracy theorist. A big dose of skepticism towards what the man on the TV is saying would do a lot of people a lot of good. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, MacChump said:

Maybe? but I’m willing to pay you off also...whichever

It’s funny, a lot of the breweries around here are a little bit bent about Tree House coming in but they are all terrified about talking about it in any type of public forum.  Don’t poke the bear I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yes but I’m discerning.  TreeHouse is great and we loaded up on them  but there are other beers that are as good or better. 
I am even more impressed with the non-IPAs from Tree House than I am with their IPAs. The lagers are spectacular!  and reasonably priced. 

Headed to True West in Acton tomorrow.  Heard good things about them

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s funny, a lot of the breweries around here are a little bit bent about Tree House coming in but they are all terrified about talking about it in any type of public forum.  Don’t poke the bear I guess.

Well they are definitely doing something right marketing-wise. I actually do have a friend of a friend here in PA who makes the trip up every so often and purchases thousands of dollars worth  of stuff, some of which eventually finds its way to my beer fridge...

• Haha 1

Just now, MacChump said:

Well they are definitely doing something right marketing-wise. I actually do have a friend of a friend here in PA who makes the trip up every so often and purchases thousands of dollars worth  of stuff, some of which eventually finds its way to my beer fridge...

I think at face value it’s a little shocking to see those types of beer purchases but it evens out pretty quickly if you’re buying for two or three friends and family etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Funny. All I know who had Moderna had mild side effects. All I know who had Pfizer (myself included) had severe side effects. 

I do t think it has much to do with brand. I had Moderna and it was not zero, but minimal. A women who works for me had Pfizer and she was laid out for 3 days. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I do t think it has much to do with brand. I had Moderna and it was not zero, but minimal. A women who works for me had Pfizer and she was laid out for 3 days. 

The people I know who had J&J had the fewest problems outside of sore arm and a bit of fatigue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supernovice said:

What do you not understand about the words "INVESTOR CALL"?? No one is saying they are unbiased- holy crap.

Get your news from a source other than Barron's I don't know what to tell you.

Pharma is not a non profit. Some companies have done some shitty stuff over the years and we pay for it through public perception. 
And by the way, people can put some of the blame for high drug prices on hospitals and clinical institutions as well. Why do you (not you per se but the royal you)think drugs cost so much? The average clinical trial cost ~$50,000 per patient. That’s paid directly to the hospital or clinic running the trial by the sponsoring pharma company. Clinical trials are outrageously expensive. My lab disposable/reagent budget runs $70,000 a month. And I only have 6 FTE in the lab. Science cost a LOT of money. 

Pharma is not a non profit. Some companies have done some shitty stuff over the years and we pay for it through public perception. 
And by the way, people can put some of the blame for high drug prices on hospitals and clinical institutions as well. Why do you (not you per se but the royal you)think drugs cost so much? The average clinical trial cost ~$50,000 per patient. That’s paid directly to the hospital or clinic running the trial by the sponsoring pharma company. Clinical trials are outrageously expensive. My lab disposable/reagent budget runs $70,000 a month. And I only have 6 FTE in the lab. Science cost a LOT of money. 
We operate out of small labs but I am always amazed how much disposable plastic is generated on a weekly basis. Wish it were recyclable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

We operate out of small labs but I am always amazed how much disposable plastic is generated on a weekly basis. Wish it were recyclable.

I bought 5 monoclonal antibodies to try and format a CCR7 IHC assay yesterday. $500 a piece for 2 micrograms quantities. I’m sure only one will work and we’ll pitch the rest. 

14 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I really just got tired of our self appointed philosopher in chief ruminating on how the world is doomed because people (not him) are too dumb to interpret the news for themselves, blaming smart phones for the coming apocalypse etc etc ad nauseam.

While he clearly only read the headline, not sure he even skimmed the article but if so clearly didn’t understand it, and failed to contextualize the source (Barron’s).   But none of that stopped him from posting 5000 words on the subject. That’s why I stepped on his throat there- not to defend pharma as a whole.