Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

on my knees, no doubt -

I was on the call...it was very vanilla nothing we don't already know.  I don't get why everyone's up in arms about it? An investor call...with a summary published in Barron's?  Yes- this was about the future of the company. Yes that means generating profits.

Overall- positive for humanity- 2-3 months production time for a variant.  So if (when) a new variant pops up with immuno-escape capabilities (incorrect phrasing) we can all still go about our lives and nothing changes.  Net positive.

46 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Well, they aren't wrong...  it is up to the reader to interpret the headline(obviosuly written for clicks) as they see fit.   

4 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was on the call...it was very vanilla nothing we don't already know.  I don't get why everyone's up in arms about it? An investor call...with a summary published in Barron's?  Yes- this was about the future of the company. Yes that means generating profits.

Overall- positive for humanity- 2-3 months production time for a variant.  So if (when) a new variant pops up with immuno-escape capabilities (incorrect phrasing) we can all still go about our lives and nothing changes.  Net positive.

Mm ... not sure what your point is, but concealing real intent behind a guise of virtuosity - that is inherently sowing distrust ...  A person or entity's vested interests raise a question of whether their actions are unbiased, a.k.a 'conflict of interest' ...fails in this case because jab needles with foreign substances into one's personal being is not trivial ... jesus christ.  

We can get around that....  The good for humanity should be achieved without being deceptive to back-door a gain while doing it.  

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Well, they aren't wrong...  it is up to the reader to interpret the headline(obviosuly written for clicks) as they see fit.   

And that's what makes the menially socially aware infuriated - knowing that if 20 % of the dip shit population is conned by fear mongering, that's what ... 60 million arms to jab and make future profits. 

They need to shut f up - until really needed. And the speculation originated out of their corporate spread sheets does not count as need.

LOL ...yeah... I'm probably not the right person to have this discussion so I'm gonna bail. The aspect of (money+human interest)/2 = part of the Fermi Paradox explanation... but that's a whole 'nother rabbit hole. 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm ... not sure what your point is, but concealing real intent behind a guise of virtuosity - that is inherently sowing distrust ...  A person or entity's vested interests raise a question of whether their actions are unbiased, a.k.a 'conflict of interest' ...fails in this case because jab needles with foreign substances into one's personal being is not trivial ... jesus christ.  

We can get around that....  The good for humanity should be achieved without being deceptive to back-door a gain while doing it.  

What do you not understand about the words "INVESTOR CALL"?? No one is saying they are unbiased- holy crap.

Get your news from a source other than Barron's I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And that's what makes the menially socially aware infuriated - knowing that if 20 % of the dip shit population is conned by fear mongering, that's what ... 60 million arms to jab and make future profits. 

They need to shut f up - until really needed. And the speculation originated out of their corporate spread sheets does not count as need.

LOL ...yeah... I'm probably not the right person to have this discussion so I'm gonna bail. The aspect of (money+human interest) is part of the Fermi Paradox explanation... but that's a whole 'nother rabbit hole. 

20%? you are generous

Lol... I was just reading about the Fermi Paradox during lunch.  Not that it is anything new of course.  I still remember as a middle school kid watching Carl Sagan's version of it on Cosmos and then reading it in the book... mind blowing for a kid.

Aliens, beware.  This place is f**ked

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

What do you not understand about the words "INVESTOR CALL"?? No one is saying they are unbiased- holy crap.

Get your news from a source other than Barron's I don't know what to tell you.

?

ease off the reactionary hostiliy dial - we just talkin  here   heh

And INVESTOR CALL does not mean anything to me - if that is some b-acumen vernacular ..okay - whatever. But that doens't mean anything -

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Almost everybody I know who had bad vaccine reactions had the Moderna shots. I think boosters are going to be a much harder sell than the initial vaccination phase was.

Funny. All I know who had Moderna had mild side effects. All I know who had Pfizer (myself included) had severe side effects. 

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Funny. All I know who had Moderna had mild side effects. All I know who had Pfizer (myself included) had severe side effects. 

I only know of a handful that felt crappy enough to stay in bed for a day or so... I think they were predominantely Pfizer...    but that was only a few.

It seems the group on here had a bunch of reactions compared to the group I know outside of here.  Strange.   

If the events of the last 18 months are some sort of global-corporate conspiracy in one way or another, then, we're all done.  If it was, then it's all beyond us at this point, as people with much more money and power are controlling the chess pieces and any of us here posting and discussing are just the pawns.

Personally I don't buy it.  I prefer to be the optimist and realist and consider everything that happened with COVID at it's face value.  Live your best life at this point, and just be considerate to others however you see fit.  If you're not sure how to take this post, then good, as that was the intent - the context is your own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

If the events of the last 18 months are some sort of global-corporate conspiracy in one way or another, then, we're all done.  If it was, then it's all beyond us at this point, as people with much more money and power are controlling the chess pieces and any of us here posting and discussing are just the pawns.

Personally I don't buy it.  I prefer to be the optimist and realist and consider everything that happened with COVID at it's face value.  Live your best life at this point, and just be considerate to others however you see fit.  If you're not sure how to take this post, then good, as that was the intent - the context is your own.

I think your second paragraph is the best option for everyone, irrespective of whether you believe in any conspiracy theories or not. All people can do is move forward in their own way in their own lives. If shadowy elite figures are in charge, the best bet is to just withdraw from the societal silliness and protect your family and friends foremost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm the exact opposite. All I know with Moderna had severe side effects, Pfizer zero side effects. Sample size of around 20 people. 

I know people that had side effects from both. I had Moderna and was semi useless for one day, mostly because I woke up every hour the night of the shot sweating with a headache.

19 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

I prefer to be the optimist and realist and consider everything that happened with COVID at it's face value.  Live your best life at this point, and just be considerate to others however you see fit.  If you're not sure how to take this post, then good, as that was the intent - the context is your own.

Well said dude.  Optimism in life and not going around worried that some larger entity is trying to pull a fast one on you is the way to go.  Optimism, compassion and empathy.  The human race would be good focusing on those three things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Well said dude.  Optimism in life and not going around worried that some larger entity is trying to pull a fast one on you is the way to go.  Optimism, compassion and empathy.  The human race would be good focusing on those three things.

I've been trying to harp on those aspects more and more. I feel like the opposite in general has happened. 

Well hold it...

As a contributor to the last page ..page and half of sentiment, just wanna be clear - I'm not saying there is some cabal pulling strings and we're all their automatons -

that's lunacy.

There is a "soft-conspiracy" though.. 

Hard is when A, Y, Beta, Gamma, Zinc cabal work clandestine in cahoots. 

Soft is when human beings are just c*s and they all do the same things of ethically flexible, if not outright immoralility for the same shitty selfish motivations, in the same way.  It's funny, that gives the faux impression of connectivity but it's just that we don't deviate amongst our selves, or in organization... nearly as uniquely as our conceits tend to believe we do.  LOL

The aspects of SAR-Cov-2 being man-made is not new. 

The purpose for it - mmm... worthy of investigation. 

The truth is, it may have merely been lacks and/or just outright failure in routine safety protocols that started it all.  In fact, it probably was -  the U.S. research ambit does the exact same thing they probably were doing, prior to this bug getting out into the population.  

Our scientists determine the method for virus infection ..and then 'goose' their capacity to do so, because it speeds up the research arc if the bug in question is more proficient.   Doing so, ... this could have happened in either society.  Maybe they were over-worked techs.  Maybe they don't have as rigorous safety this that and other...

That's more like the simpler explanation.  ...I snarked that it was weapons research - the problem is they have a non-disclosure history with foreign sovereignty, about the way they've always interacted with the world outside their borders ... Not helping that they have been cagey about this thing all along - did we forget their inconsistencies from a year ago already? 

That's their choice.  But xenophobia doesn't really lend to trust - and that's a pickle...  And when I was saying this likely went to the top - I only meant that I suspect Pentagon top intelligence knows exactly where this came from, already; and similar to the 1960s probe into JFK's assassination, ...the investigation stopped at the door of the KGB's possible link for a reason - trust me...it's in the world's better interest if we just say it was a Wuhan lab screw up and be done with it.

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Deerfield is very close to you.  

Yes but I’m discerning.  TreeHouse is great and we loaded up on them  but there are other beers that are as good or better. 
I am even more impressed with the non-IPAs from Tree House than I am with their IPAs. The lagers are spectacular!  and reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think your second paragraph is the best option for everyone, irrespective of whether you believe in any conspiracy theories or not. All people can do is move forward in their own way in their own lives. If shadowy elite figures are in charge, the best bet is to just withdraw from the societal silliness and protect your family and friends foremost.

Now can you remind me who these shadowy elite figures are? 

Just now, Whineminster said:

yup.  I sold my GME and AMC yesterday morning, missed out on a little extra profit but w/e.  It always seems to crash to close out on the weeks it goes up. 

Yup and if you wait until the frothy peak it will most certainly blow right through your stop loss. 

26 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Once a month we have a big Friday beer tasting at the brewery.  My afternoon is going to become less productive pretty soon.

05C06A7D-2DA8-4128-A039-0E2475177D60.thumb.jpeg.ef245954c0b143f1e93e3599234c7531.jpeg

Perfect Storm is solid.  Eureka a good beach beer.   Treat... not my fave.

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yes but I’m discerning.  TreeHouse is great and we loaded up on them  but there are other beers that are as good or better. 
I am even more impressed with the non-IPAs from Tree House than I am with their IPAs. The lagers are spectacular!  and reasonably priced. 

Agree with the bold.  For my money they make the best local stouts.  Find myself buying other IPAs these days.  Shout out to Shire Brewhaus in Dalton for Wolf Attack IPA.  One of my new go-tos.  But there are many.