Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ho man ...helluva story.

Yeah I've been alive long enough and heard this anecdotally that you cross over an awareness-numbness threshold when it comes of frost bite - if you're enduring the discomfort then it gets strangely less painful ...that's bad.  

Not my only frostbite experience but by far the worst. In 1988, after we'd moved south and I took a position with the state, our staff biologist and I had traveled north to look at several lots.  A CF had come thru the first afternoon, dropping mid 30s down to -2 by the time we turned off the lights at the Forestry building on the east shore of Portage Lake.  Next morning the temp was -32 and the wind gauge was wiggling either side of 30 mph.  At CAR the temp was -20 and the WCI (old scale) was -85, probably about -55 on the current scale.  The afternoon was spent on Bald Mt Twp about 30 miles west of CAR and maybe 800' higher than the WSO.  They topped out at -9 but I doubt we reached -15 where we were.  On the 4 PM snowmobile ride back to the pickup I was 2nd up behind our shortest (5'2") forester and held fists to cheek as there was no place to hide at 40 mph upwind.  Only a 2 mile ride but I had twin white hourglass-shaped patches on my cheeks.  Only 1st degree so no effect once we were in the vehicle - only regret is that no one took a picture. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Bite the bullet and get it fixed. They’ll numb it with some lidocaine and you won’t feel a thing. You don’t want a lingering infection in your feet. 

Yeah... I’m hoping it’s nice and easy. I already can see what the problem will be if I don’t do something. The skin is still a little inflamed, but the overgrowth of tissue now is going to cause the nail to grow right into it, even when the infection is gone.

3 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’d starve

Disgusting

Also ..The Icelandic dish of Hakarl makes Irish food sound great 

Fermented  shark hung for several months with a strong ammonia and fish smell . Seriously ? Is it just a ploy to make Money from tourists for some throw away shark 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Disgusting

Also ..The Icelandic dish of Hakarl makes Irish food sound great 

Fermented  shark hung for several months with a strong ammonia and fish smell . Seriously ? Is it just a ploy to make Money from tourists for some throw away shark 

I will eat it in your honor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Technically could have made a bottom in legit crypto today .

Ether looks like it bounced off its 200 day moving ave

BTC was riding below it’s 200 day but I think the bulls will be back in control shortly.  
BTC and ETH very over sold right now. 

30 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I had $10 leftover in my Coinbase account from 2017 I used to buy XRP then. Bitsane stole my XRP, but that CB account (all ETH) had shot up to nearly $400 during the peak of this run up. 

I've heard of people leaving some bitcoin in their acct because they put in extra for whatever reason they used it for and made a ton of money with the extra sitting in their acct..