Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

47 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Fyi, you know ... you can get a healthier hotdog option now and they are fantastic with all the taste-bud savory goodness as the tumorigenic, Industrial Food's Complex version of them from mid last Century, too.

I get 'em all the time.  Of course...you have to enter a "Whole Paycheck" to get them...but, they are even 'Uncured'.  The sodium isn't even huge, either - they are like a 'healthy' choice that takes a D-/F+ staple almost to even B- when balancing (nutritional value + not causing scrotal nodules)/2 ... 

In fact, I can eat as many as three of them with an organic bun option ( also for just 20$ a package at the same "Capital Darwinian" purveyance ) ...and wake up the next morning; never having (yet) suffered the morning with that burr-behind-the-left-eyeball headache that you risk getting from nitrate monosodiumglutemated triglyceride dynamite stick f'ing a bleach bun like it's circa 1978, when that real meal looks like it ain't gon' happen and fair-ground vendor's steam cart is the only option- 

mm-good.

What brand Tip? The one's I tried were like rubber but I know there's quite a few on the market now.

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yep, definitely white ash. I have been taking down a lot of it. All dead/dying. It splits nicely and is very dry right out of the gate. 

The Firewood Poem

Beechwood fires are bright and clear
If the logs are kept a year,
Chestnut's only good they say,
If for logs 'tis laid away.
Make a fire of Elder tree,
Death within your house will be;
But ash new or ash old,
Is fit for a queen with crown of gold

Birch and fir logs burn too fast
Blaze up bright and do not last,
it is by the Irish said
Hawthorn bakes the sweetest bread.
Elm wood burns like churchyard mould,
E'en the very flames are cold
But ash green or ash brown
Is fit for a queen with golden crown

Poplar gives a bitter smoke,
Fills your eyes and makes you choke,
Apple wood will scent your room
Pear wood smells like flowers in bloom
Oaken logs, if dry and old
keep away the winter's cold
But ash wet or ash dry
a king shall warm his slippers by.
The firewood poem was written by Celia Congreve, is believed to be first published in THE TIMES newspaper on March 2nd 1930. © by owner. provided at no charge for educational purposes   
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Selfish of me, but I was hoping the crypto crash lasted longer. 

On another topic, the government is going to soon reveal the existence of extraterrestrial and/or interdimensional visitors. At this point, with the slow drip of Pentagon videos and testimonies from legitimate sources, it probably won't come as much of a shock to most. 

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

On another topic, the government is going to soon reveal the existence of extraterrestrial and/or interdimensional visitors. At this point, with the slow drip of Pentagon videos and testimonies from legitimate sources, it probably won't come as much of a shock to most. 

I expect it to be something like, yeah, there’s stuff out there that we can’t explain. We’re documenting these encounters and will continue to document them into the future for national security purposes. More to follow someday when we learn more about these unexplained phenomena. In other words, lip service...

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I think it's more likely they use the UFO stuff as a modern-day "missile gap" with China/Russia/etc to push for more defense funding and interventionist foreign policy. I think the fact that this is all driven by the military right now is telling. Everyone has a camera in their pockets now but all we have are military videos and military people giving interviews.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think it's more likely they use the UFO stuff as a modern-day "missile gap" with China/Russia/etc to push for more defense funding and interventionist foreign policy. I think the fact that this is all driven by the military right now is telling. Everyone has a camera in their pockets now but all we have are military videos and military people giving interviews.

Yes - it won't be an opportunity wasted, that's for sure. Look at Elizondo and Mellon..those guys were embedded deep in the government, and I'm sure they have those interests in mind. 

The theory that COVID escaped from a Chinese lab is getting more traction again. I remember so many pundits and "experts" a year ago saying that was a deranged conspiracy theory. The WHO went to China and assured us such a leak was impossible. LOL

It's been quite a year for the conspiracy theorists. Aliens really don't seem far-fetched now.

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The theory that COVID escaped from a Chinese lab is getting more traction again. I remember so many pundits and "experts" a year ago saying that was a deranged conspiracy theory. The WHO went to China and assured us such a leak was impossible. LOL

It's been quite a year for the conspiracy theorists. Aliens really don't seem far-fetched now.

Many repudiable scientists have quietly believed this as a possibility for quite a while. Rogan had some guests on recently who touched on this. 

It's actually a scary thought, because if true, does that mean the ticker for a natural occurring pandemic hasn't been reset yet? If so, could we expect another soon.? That would be, unfortunate. 

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

We all know that it wasn't cooked up on the back burner of Granny's cookstove

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

At this point it could be Aliens in a lab disguised as Chinese and it wouldn’t shock me 

• Haha 2

Looks like my cellphone that sat in the lake for 24hrs might be toast. After a couple different attempts (dessicant) to rid the moisture, there is still some in there. I am going to put in the vacuum jar overnight with desiccant and see if it helps. I've only tried using usb cable to computer to see if it's recognized and plugging into wall. Nada.

14 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Looks like my cellphone that sat in the lake for 24hrs might be toast. After a couple different attempts (dessicant) to rid the moisture, there is still some in there. I am going to put in the vacuum jar overnight with desiccant and see if it helps. I've only tried using usb cable to computer to see if it's recognized and plugging into wall. Nada.

That cellphone did not earn the love you have been showing it. LOL

34 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Yes - it won't be an opportunity wasted, that's for sure. Look at Elizondo and Mellon..those guys were embedded deep in the government, and I'm sure they have those interests in mind. 

From what I've heard through various interviews, the videos released so far are the least intriguing ones they have.  There are others where these things are like 50 feet from the cockpit of the jet.  They've recorded them doing 90 degree turns at thousands of miles per hour, which is essentially impossible.  Going through the ocean at the same speed as through air as if they are the same environment.  It's crazy technology, whatever it is.

5 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

From what I've heard through various interviews, the videos released so far are the least intriguing ones they have.  There are others where these things are like 50 feet from the cockpit of the jet.  They've recorded them doing 90 degree turns at thousands of miles per hour, which is essentially impossible.  Going through the ocean at the same speed as through air as if they are the same environment.  It's crazy technology, whatever it is.

Let's say it's not a foreign country or some ultra top secret US military thing that 99.9% of the military doesn't even know about.  There'd only be one possibility left, and if it's that one, you'd be hard pressed to find many bigger stories in all of human history.  The ramifications of it would be astounding on many levels.

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

As long as they are green Orian women and not nasty klingons or romulans

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Let's say it's not a foreign country or some ultra top secret US military thing that 99.9% of the military doesn't even know about.  There'd only be one possibility left, and if it's that one, you'd be hard pressed to find many bigger stories in all of human history.  The ramifications of it would be astounding on many levels.

First contact day isn't until April 5th, 2063. Maybe it gets moved up.

57 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Many repudiable scientists have quietly believed this as a possibility for quite a while. Rogan had some guests on recently who touched on this. 

It's actually a scary thought, because if true, does that mean the ticker for a natural occurring pandemic hasn't been reset yet? If so, could we expect another soon.? That would be, unfortunate. 

US investigators that went into that Wuhan level 5 lab (remember it was the highest level lab in china and relatively new in 2018) and the US intel cables showed US officials struck by the lack of adherence to the strict safety codes that they reported back they were alarmed by the lack of adherence.   

Gee they also play around with Coronavirus there .....and Gee Wuhan is where this all began.  Now Millions of people are dead.  IF this was due to labs lack of adherence to safety measures ...how many different outfits could share some blame and what would the ramifications of that be. MMK.  So we don't "know" but i would put money on that Wuhan lab that played around with Coranvirus's and had some glaring violations following safety measures when US officials visited and reported back their concerns in 2018. Call me crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

True, but we all still need to get up and go to work in the morning, aliens or not.  
Seriosly though, if aliens are visiting I doubt there would be a full reveal.  That would cause some issues for religions and governmental power structures.  
My take on it has always been that if “they” are here they have probably been here for a long time, maybe longer than us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

True, but we all still need to get up and go to work in the morning, aliens or not.  
Seriosly though, if aliens are visiting I doubt there would be a full reveal.  That would cause some issues for religions and governmental power structures.  
My take on it has always been that if “they” are here they have probably been here for a long time, maybe longer than us.

Another excuse to "work from home"

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ya they probably like what these monkeys up to now

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are their test lab.  The ones we've captured on video are just their rookie observers.  "Dammit, we told you in your training that you can't be seen by these humans. We're going to have to send you home.  Despite your parent's sending you all to the best schools and taking on a ton of debt, not everyone is skilled enough to be a human observer.  Some of us just need to work in the trades to keep the mothership running smoothly."

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If the aliens are here just visiting over many decades, then so far they aren't looking to do what the aliens in Independence Day did and blow up the planet. If they are peaceful and just visiting maybe they could help us make faster ways to travel or with technology in general that would take us the next 1000 years to figure out on our own.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

The theory that COVID escaped from a Chinese lab is getting more traction again. ...

That's what the ex-CDC chief espoused to the entire world on 60 -minutes, three months ago I think it was - it's just funny that the actual ex Director of the Centers for Disease Control already floated that hypothesis, and it's like nope...  "  what does the manager of McDonalds know about ensemble line hamburger cooking anyway" ; then three months later it's 'new' as a notion    LOL ... that guy just get the Meg treatment.

Not that anyone asked, but he is not the first source I've read or heard from, how "NOVEL" viruses don't get it right like this one did - not at first.  When first introduced to a new species genome, it take many failed iterations ..usually, expressed as partial infection rates, often below notice because they are assumed part of the footprint biota shenanigans ... But, time bomb clock is ticking and then it mutates and 'gets it right.'

This is just known in the basics of viral pathogenicity - folks can research this shit with double dose of adderall and pack of cigarette's worth of tedium, but Pandemics in a genomic group take time - the Spanish Flu may have had an ancestral root in circulation prior to WWI's unique capacity to concentrate the mutated agency into the virulent form it took ... probably in the trenches etc..etc... 

COVID-19 did not trial-and-error.  Considering the sequence permutation spectrum of DNA ...the odds of that happening are basically 1::google 

Hmm... that's the primary vehicle in suspicion of engineering.

But here's the thing... it [probably] was not done for malfeasance or conspiratorially ...or some Jame's Bondian type super cadre of villainy of trope dystopian novel dreams....  

It was done by a mistake. Purely an accident ...and that region of the world [putting matters delicately...] has a tendency to be ah ... less than forthcoming about the facts of dogs and cats.

What people don't maybe know - not sure ... - is that the U.S. culture/ambit of advancing molecular biology does the same shit that these foreign scientists [probably ] did.  To save time, gene engineers goosed the infectious  aspect of the virus to accelerate research process - competition breeds necessity... both internally and internationally.  It's probably even part of their internal defense initiatives to cover bio-warfare pathogenics.   The Coronavirus is in fact in the same family of as the Rhino virus - ...yeah...the 'common cold.'  It's like two sequences of variance can separate a harmless head bug into pulmonary edema - some of these are almost indistinguishable yet incur much different injuries to target.   and on and so on.. but, it almost suspends disbelief if someone wanted to connect the dots that way, that it makes sense they were tinkering with a bug that's already robust in any human population, the common f'n head cold... So, they engineered it to be uniquely situated ( chemically ...) to infect human cells, some variant of with some sequence tinkered with ... and then some 66 hour per week, red-eyed inhumane work-abuse-environment lab tech ( like the Chernobyl sequence of events that let to that thing in the former Soviet Union ... - oh, there'll be a movie about this some day too - ) forgot to wash his/her proverbial hands one day, and the rest is history...  

The only difference is, for whatever specific mistake it was, it likely got out of the Wuhan lab where said research was taking place.

4 hours ago, QCD17 said:

And apparently doing it without raising a ripple on the water.  This tells me that it was some kind of image rather than a material object with mass.  Of course, that image could come from natural phenomena or be produced by some kind of a sentient being.  Cue Rod Serling and "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street."  :o