Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

23 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Back to masks.   Some folks wearing them outdoors.  I finally asked one neighbor who was double masked playing with his kids.  This guy rarely masked during much higher risk times.   He said it’s the only thing that keeps the pollen away.    Personally I go with Allegra but my allergies may not be as bad.  So maybe judging is a fool’s errand? 

I have some extra KN95 masks laying around and tried one on while I was mowing, what a difference it made...I would normally wake up the next day with a headache, stuffynose, cough. The morning after wearing the mask, absolutely nothing....My soil is quite dusty/sandy and with all of this Steining going on, mowing has become quite the dust bowl.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Back to masks.   Some folks wearing them outdoors.  I finally asked one neighbor who was double masked playing with his kids.  This guy rarely masked during much higher risk times.   He said it’s the only thing that keeps the pollen away.    Personally I go with Allegra but my allergies may not be as bad.  So maybe judging is a fool’s errand? 

I have voluntarily been wearing it outside the past two days because of the pollen.  My allergies are usually minimal and I have been absolutely slammed this year.

It's hard to want to fit in and be socially functional in any society that's got such an entitled soul that it's developed a stingy germ phobia, a cootie culture that goes "ew" at the mere thought of actually being a part of a biological foment known as Earth ...  like a 17 year old princess complex -

I wish these masking people that quietly covet hope that they are the new mandatory order of the future also just as quietly get diagnosed with stage three reproductive organ cancer -

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

it's going to be weird walking into a business without a mask.....

You get over it fast, trust me. Seeing very few masks here in MD now whereas just a week ago it was masks everywhere. Clearly, the powers that be decided it was time for the pandemic to end in this country and so they decreed it to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You get over it fast, trust me. Seeing very few masks here in MD now whereas just a week ago it was masks everywhere. Clearly, the powers that be decided it was time for the pandemic to end in this country and so they decreed it to happen. 

yeah an abrupt "return to normal" for sure.   No masks, our Memorial Day parade is on etc....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

who is this powers that be you speak of?

• Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There’s a mild cold making the rounds around here. That’s something we haven’t dealt with in over a year.

I had noticed a slow return of colds and stomach viruses even when mask mandates were in effect. I think the “viral interference” idea has some merit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I had noticed a slow return of colds and stomach viruses even when mask mandates were in effect. I think the “viral interference” idea has some merit. 

It’s kind of funny not funny because combined with the allergies it’s causing a lot of respiratory symptoms and alot of vaccinated folks around here are freaking out.  I’m not sure if they thought their shots were going to protect them from all diseases or what? 

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s kind of funny not funny because combined with the allergies it’s causing a lot of respiratory symptoms and alot of vaccinated folks around here are freaking out.  I’m not sure if they thought their shots were going to protect them from all diseases or what? 

It reminds me of sometime in April 2020.  I was driving home from work on a Friday and experiencing a sore throat which was tightening along with my usual dry cough (27 year side effects from meds I’m taking).   The thought as I turned onto my street was “damn...I thought I’d live longer..”.    2 hours later we were having dinner and I felt fine indoors shielded from pollen.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It reminds me of sometime in April 2020.  I was driving home from work on a Friday and experiencing a sore throat which was tightening along with my usual dry cough (27 year side effects from meds I’m taking).   The thought as I turned onto my street was “damn...I thought I’d live longer..”.    2 hours later we were having dinner and I felt fine indoors shielded from pollen.   

After three days of fatigue and lightheadedness I was convinced I had Lyme disease this week.

Getting  a Lyme  test and a full blood screening tomorrow anyway just because it’s been a while but almost certain it’s allergies bothering me.

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, dendrite said:

ADA back down to 1.50. When do we buy in?

I know, it's tough.  It's certainly going to recapture it's ath in the next few days and probably hit 5.00+ over the summer so it's still a bargain, I'm just not sure this weeks shenanigans are over yet.

If Asia wakes up buying in a few hours then it could rocket back up pretty quickly as could lots of projects.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It cost me 200 dollars to buy over 23M coins so seemed like a good deal. It's just for fun. Looks like I bought at the dip so maybe I can make a little back.

Yea 15 million for me lol. Play money will just let it sit until someday maybe my kids are getting a nice gift

• Like 1

Went to the package store today to grab some beer for the Bruins game. Wasn't sure whether to wear my mask or not lol. I elected to wear it but when I was inside there were a few others, including man behind the desk not wearing it. I also went to Dunkin Donuts...I saw some people walk in with it on so I elected to wear it and I noticed the workers were too. I think it's kind of dumb how each business can elect whether they require them or not. I mean it confuses the heck out of people and is just going to lead to problems. 

If the CDC is recommending no masks for those vaccinated and the Governor is going with that guidance...then it should be uniform across the board (for the state). This just emphasizes what was wrong with the handling of this pandemic all along...no consistency across the board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Went to the package store today to grab some beer for the Bruins game. Wasn't sure whether to wear my mask or not lol. I elected to wear it but when I was inside there were a few others, including man behind the desk not wearing it. I also went to Dunkin Donuts...I saw some people walk in with it on so I elected to wear it and I noticed the workers were too. I think it's kind of dumb how each business can elect whether they require them or not. I mean it confuses the heck out of people and is just going to lead to problems. 

If the CDC is recommending no masks for those vaccinated and the Governor is going with that guidance...then it should be uniform across the board (for the state). This just emphasizes what was wrong with the handling of this pandemic all along...no consistency across the board.

The liquor store and Dunkin probably aren’t requiring it. People just still choose to wear them. Hell, 80% around here still wear them outside. I suspect even with indoor mandates gone, you’ll see people wear them for months more. Of course, the unvaccinated are supposed to keep wearing them. Wink wink nudge nudge.

7 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The liquor store and Dunkin probably aren’t requiring it. People just still choose to wear them. Hell, 80% around here still wear them outside. I suspect even with indoor mandates gone, you’ll see people wear them for months more. Of course, the unvaccinated are supposed to keep wearing them. Wink wink nudge nudge.

I'm unsure of what to do. I'm fully vaccinated so per the guidelines from the CDC and governor, I don't have to wear my mask indoors...but if businesses require it or if I see the majority of people doing in...then I'll just continue to do it. Probably just easier than being hassled and asking to show proof. My job is requiring masks to continue to be worn (unless sitting at your desk) through June 7 and they will re-evaluate. If you're with someone who is fully vaccinated then you don't need too (if both parties are comfortable). 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm unsure of what to do. I'm fully vaccinated so per the guidelines from the CDC and governor, I don't have to wear my mask indoors...but if businesses require it or if I see the majority of people doing in...then I'll just continue to do it. Probably just easier than being hassled and asking to show proof. My job is requiring masks to continue to be worn (unless sitting at your desk) through June 7 and they will re-evaluate. If you're with someone who is fully vaccinated then you don't need too (if both parties are comfortable). 

Nobody will ask for proof. Do what you want. But I wouldn’t let what everybody else is doing dictate what you do. That’s a personal decision for you and no one else.

Some businesses may still require it, but I’m guessing they’ll be few and far between. 
I know for myself come the 28th, I’m done. Don’t care how many dirty looks I get.

• Like 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Nobody will ask for proof. Do what you want. But I wouldn’t let what everybody else is doing dictate what you do. That’s a personal decision for you and no one else.

Some businesses may still require it, but I’m guessing they’ll be few and far between. 
I know for myself come the 28th, I’m done. Don’t care how many dirty looks I get.

You're completely right. 

If business require it or want proof of vaccination...then I'll just show my card. I can understand maybe if some businesses want to see how things go over the next few weeks but we have to be under a 2% positivity rate for the past few weeks here. I'm expecting to drop well below 1% by the end of the month. I'm actually very surprised b/c the 12-15 age group has been vaccinating like crazy here...I for sure thought that age bracket would be more hesitant.

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I got my second shot yesterday, feel like crap today, feverish and tired, hopefully it's a one day thing.

It won’t last. You should be good tomorrow. Which one did you get?

I had 3 of my employees get their second one today. I told them take the day if they needed to. I expect to have light crew tomorrow. But all my folks will be fully vaxed. All 11 of us. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I had 3 of my employees get their second one today. I told them take the day if they needed to. I expect to have light crew tomorrow. But all my folks will be fully vaxed. All 11 of us. 

Moderna,  I got it yesterday morning and felt ok yesterday, tossed and turned all night with a headache so I've been taking tylenol, it's not bad, I can live with it, just needed to rest tonight.

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

ADA back down to 1.50. When do we buy in?

Tanking again 

Ether down 13%
btc 7%
ADA 1.32 

stock futures interestingly holding up for now

Doge’s chart is now sorta junk as it couldn’t get above April highs at .40 

Safemoon chart holding on  (Thou charts for those coins may not hold much water )

Ether looks sorta F’d to me in the short term it’s chart was bubbly given its large market cap and move 300% just year To date  . It got halved like nothing and is still up big YTD and I don’t see it shooting back toward 3500 for a while given its movement off bottom  . It got ahead of itself for a legit crypto . It’s not some random shitcoin w a tiny market cap that can 10x in a week 

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Tanking again 

Ether down 13%
btc 7%
ADA 1.32 

stock futures interestingly holding up for now

Doge’s chart is now sorta junk as it couldn’t get above April highs at .40 

Safemoon chart holding on  

You guys and your shit coins. :D

I’ll admit I know squat about crypto. Give me caterpillar, or some biotech.

Back in the 90’s, any biotech you looked at would make money. Some of that stuff split 2 and 3 times over a couple of years time. By 2001-2002, if they didn’t have anything to actually sell except a wing and a prayer, they crashed hard. 
I’ve done ok with some Alnylum I bought early on. I know the CEO and figured they would do ok.  I missed out on Moderna. Dumb ass me. Bancel is a little strange so I wasn’t sure of what they had. If this pandemic hadn’t  come along, I’m sure Moderna would still be languishing. 
Stay away from any company that makes any kind of claims with alzhiemers. The biology hasn’t been well worked out at all and I can’t count w many companies have gone broke or whole divisions in big pharma have been whacked because of failures for Alzheimer drugs. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

You guys and your shit coins. :D

I’ll admit I know squat about crypto. Give me caterpillar, or some biotech.

Back in the 90’s, any biotech you looked at would make money. Some of that stuff split 2 and 3 times over a couple of years time. By 2001-2002, if they didn’t have anything to actually sell except a wing and a prayer, they crashed hard. 

Probably the same will happen with crypto's but I don't mind taking a chance with a couple lottery tickets. We'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

A good feeling I'm sure.  Can truly end it in the workplace too.  Employers seem to be gun shy due to the rapid change in policy in a lot of cases up this way.  Can't ask for vaccination status but people volunteer it and wants to keep everyone masked until all are fully vaccinated as the process is still going.  I'll get my second shot on Monday, month after the first one.