• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Matt Barnes is absolutely filthy as a closer.  Punches out the side in the bottom of the 9th to end it in a one run game.  Again. Just hammering the strike zone with high-end stuff.

Every outing it's just impressive to watch as the crowd noise grows louder.  He's had so many sick 9th innings so far.  His arm may fall off at some point though.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Awesome, so far it’s been a great experience. We have another small dog, a rescue so it’s been difficult getting them to like each other due to age difference but improving

Dogs are not like humans, they’ll get over their territorial instincts and love each other. We rescued the big dog here and the old Boston brothers couldn’t stand her at first. Now they are a tight nit pack. 

4F20A1F3-2F5C-4CAE-BEB8-E167999481EA.jpeg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Matt Barnes is absolutely filthy as a closer.  Punches out the side in the bottom of the 9th to end it in a one run game.  Again. Just hammering the strike zone with high-end stuff.

Every outing it's just impressive to watch as the crowd noise grows louder.  He's had so many sick 9th innings so far.  His arm may fall off at some point though.

I think they need one more bullpen arm to do anything, bottom of the order's starting to hit (Dalbec), I guess some of you guys are coming up on your 60-70 win prediction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dogs are not like humans, they’ll get over their territorial instincts and love each other. We rescued the big dog here and the old Boston brothers couldn’t stand her at first. Now they are a tight nit pack. 

4F20A1F3-2F5C-4CAE-BEB8-E167999481EA.jpeg

Mine's half Boston, half Ridgeback, looks like your dog on the left.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I think they need one more bullpen arm to do anything, bottom of the order's starting to hit (Dalbec), I guess some of you guys are coming up on your 60-70 win prediction.

Bullpen has been regressing to the mean for sure.  No confidence there.  The starters are getting the job done, Pivetta again with only 1 ER into the 7th.  Ended up with 2 ER because the middle relief has been serving it up.  So nice to have Barnes close the door in the 9th every time it seems like.

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

11 pitches, Ha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’d just like to say FedEx absolutely sucks. I can’t believe anyone ships with them anymore. When I see something is shipping here via them I instantly groan inside and wonder how exactly the shipping will be screwed up. 

I refuse to ship with them, Have used UPS for 25+ yrs with minimal claims, And i ship daily.

• Like 1

In a former life I used to do internet programming for an ECW show Chairshots. I met most of them and had free tickets to shows. My first date with my wife was at a show I had gotten, her and her daughter, tickets to. My now step daughter, ended up getting the trash can smashed over Bam Bam Bigelows head signed by all the wrestlers.  We then had dinner with Spike Dudley(Matt Hyson) and Jerry the King Lawler, so the date was a win. Interesting people to say the least. Jake the Snake was verifiable insane.

101-0162_IMG.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

In a former life I used to do internet programming for an ECW show Chairshots. I met most of them and had free tickets to shows. My first date with my wife was at a show I had gotten, her and her daughter, tickets to. My now step daughter, ended up getting the trash can smashed over Bam Bam Bigelows head signed by all the wrestlers.  We then had dinner with Spike Dudley(Matt Hyson) and Jerry the King Lawler, so the date was a win. Interesting people to say the least. Jake the Snake was verifiable insane.

101-0162_IMG.jpg

Good morning, Ginx. It may be former but it was a good life. My, in person, memories go back to th 60’s in the brief but fun existence of the Bay Ridge Sports Center. I managed to shake hands with Antonino Rocca and enjoyed booing the bad guys such as Tony Altimore and the pre Luca Brasi, Lenny Montana. Before that it was the fifties, sitting next to my grandmother as she cheered the Italian wrestlers on channel five. I had to be careful, my grandmother would sometimes get carried away by the staged bad guy tactics and I could end up the recipient of an unintended four arm smash. I also managed to learn some of the best, not for mixed company, Sicilian dialect words. As always ...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

More crypto for Scoot. 

was going to go in on ADA the other day, but was caught up with things…was in the 1.80s. Now it just keeps climbing…over 2.30 now. Can someone get me a damn dip back under $2?

Yeah, even though I had cashed out this week I had to jump back in on a little Cardano at 1.16 then at 2.24.   
I think it has room to run up close to four dollars by summer.

10 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning, Ginx. It may be former but it was a good life. My, in person, memories go back to th 60’s in the brief but fun existence of the Bay Ridge Sports Center. I managed to shake hands with Antonino Rocca and enjoyed booing the bad guys such as Tony Altimore and the pre Luca Brasi, Lenny Montana. Before that it was the fifties, sitting next to my grandmother as she cheered the Italian wrestlers on channel five. I had to be careful, my grandmother would sometimes get carried away by the staged bad guy tactics and I could end up the recipient of an unintended four arm smash. I also managed to learn some of the best, not for mixed company, Sicilian dialect words. As always ...

Lol good times. My Saturdays were filled with Bruno Sammaratino, Ken Pantera, Stan the man Staziak,  Gorilla Monsoon, The Sheik and company. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ginx is that you on the right?

No that was one if the radio announcers on the Show. I was strictly behind the scenes doing flash and Html programming, taking pictures, doing ad buys. Was so much fun until WWF took over then it was over for us. Good memories 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

On the left is him 

Thing was Spike was like 5 foot 6 150 lbs at most but balls of steel.  Basically your size.  Imagine having Triple H throw you into a table from 15 feet up a ladder. Don't care how fake it is thats crazy 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol good times. My Saturdays were filled with Bruno Sammaratino, Ken Pantera, Stan the man Staziak,  Gorilla Monsoon, The Sheik and company. 

I saw a match at Boston Garden where Bruno and Andre the giant were tag team partners against Stan Hanson and Sgt Slaughter. 

• Like 2

Posting here too. Excellent time on the Plains.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Chase Report—5/14/21

Even before heading to the Midwest, it looked like Friday had a pattern that would produce, with the greatest (but still modest) level of instability, moisture, and lift mechanism via a shortwave diving through the region. The SPC issued a slight risk with hatched wind & hail probabilities and my target location was Burlington, CO.

It was another great call as by later in the afternoon our first supercell began to develop. I approached from the east near Seibert, CO. Unlike yesterday, this one had a more classic lower precipitation presentation and had multiple wall clouds on it. 

j9pLUt3.jpg

rjmV3GV.jpg

oGqkh2f.jpg

This area had a manageable road network and I was able to stay on it as it traveled S-SSE.

The last attempt for the supercell to form a tornado was its best, with a horseshoe forming before a gradual collapse of the storm.

bxNIWZo.jpg

jPw07oE.jpg

Once the storm collapsed I headed back east into Kansas, where the best instability was. Boy did that pay off handsomely. There were three other supercells that blossomed in my path. Two were fairly transient in producing wall clouds and I was perfectly positioned at the edge of each hook echo. 

RcArAi8.jpg

dz0VOfp.jpg

YqZzBT4.jpg

Then we had the big dog. I missed the worst of it to the south but the final supercell near WaKeeney, CO was big time with a hail core and excellent rotation per radar. It was getting dark but the radar and ground truth even away from the worst of the storm was big time. There was accumulated hail on the highway where the worst of the hail core passed.

That one produced prolific lightning for a long time. 

There’s still a ton of other images to process but overall I made the very best of a bad severe wx pattern. No tornadoes, but a lot of great storms and each chase day had something. My forecasting of target locations was average on Tuesday in Texas but excellent on Thursday and Friday in Kansas and Colorado. God willing, I’ll be back out on the Plains next season. Heading back home today and soon I’ll be preparing for my real chase season…

5T9KGic.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

More crypto for Scoot. 

was going to go in on ADA the other day, but was caught up with things…was in the 1.80s. Now it just keeps climbing…over 2.30 now. Can someone get me a damn dip back under $2?

Some of these coins are just pure ponzi’s. Maybe diamond hands can prevent the crashing (if nobody panic sells) 

Can you buy these on margin , just wondering to see how related they could be to any market corrections

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Some of these coins are just pure ponzi’s. Maybe diamond hands can prevent the crashing (if nobody panic sells) 

Can you buy these on margin , just wondering to see how related they could be to any market corrections

I only use coinbase but I imagine non-US based brokers allow margin and leveraged trading.

Come back in five years and probably only 10% of the current projects will still be around.

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I only use coinbase but I imagine non-US based brokers allow margin and leveraged trading.

Come back in five years and probably only 10% of the current projects will still be around.

I would say 6 months 

I definitely see a ponzi nature to many of them 

the good and bad is many of these are new “investors “ . They see 40% returns a month as slow... they don’t sell that easily till they make 1000%, but they may pull there money for greener pastures if  they stop going up And trade sideways for a month or two 

i would guess a sizable portion of crypto money is from those That were new to stocks last year ..made quick profits as everything went up until about mid February and then  got out of the stock market as the retail favorite stocks stopped going up in mid February and became boring 

• Like 1