Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.

VT just dropped mask mandates today at the 11am presser.  Following CDC.  

All travel guidance dropped too, not that anyone followed that since last fall.

To be clear, VT dropped the mask mandates for fully vaccinated people.  Its on the honor system.

https://vtdigger.org/2021/05/14/vermont-relaxes-mask-mandate/

Fully vaccinated Vermonters no longer need to worry about masks or physical distancing, Gov. Phil Scott announced on Friday, calling it a “monumental moment” in the state’s pandemic recovery.

While the mask mandate still applies to people who have not yet reached the two weeks post-final dose milestone, all fully vaccinated Vermonters can largely go back to business as usual, Scott said.

That follows guidelines released on Thursday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stating that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask in most situations.

The new rules, however, don’t apply in certain settings, including health care and long-term care facilities, correctional centers, homeless shelters and on public transportation. They also don’t apply to children too young to be vaccinated.

The bold came with the cut and paste and not because it means anything extra important.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Gonna laugh when you make some shocked post about airports not being deserted like the man on TV said they would be. LOL you’ll figure it out soon. 

what news do you watch lol.  

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

None of you expected VT and MI to drop mandates today. Give me a break. Stop pretending this is all following the science.

Why would we be shocked over CDC plans to drop mask requirements for fully vaccinated people..

9 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

urgh.. I hope not.  but no biggie, it's 3 of us so we will fill out a row anyway.. I don't care about COVID, just like the space to stretch.

nice of him to paint you scared of Covid though.   Real piece of work he is.

Instead of getting into a pissing match over how full flights are... Let’s look at the data.

# of passengers is 50-70% of pre pandemic levels depending on the day/week.

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

This data is lagging, but ASMs were essentially tracking a bit ahead of air traffic in terms of recovery as of January.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ASM

If we assume that trend has continued, flights are slightly less crowded than the before times but hardly empty flights like last spring/summer. 

My last few flights (LGA-BNA-BNA, HHH-CLT-LGA) have been packed (a couple empty seats). Upgrades are still easier to come by though with the lack of business travelers.

• Like 1

Maybe it’s just because baker has had some very bizarre dealings with Covid ( golf courses, etc etc) but I fully expect him to “zig” while everyone else “zags” as far as ending mask mandates.

Something along the lines of “we appreciate the cdc guidelines, but out of an abundance of caution (his favorite term) mass will keep the mandates in place for the foreseeable future”.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe it’s just because baker has had some very bizarre dealings with Covid ( golf courses, etc etc) but I fully expect him to “zig” while everyone else “zags” as far as ending mask mandates.

Something along the lines of “we appreciate the cdc guidelines, but out of an abundance of caution (his favorite term) mass will keep the mandates in place for the foreseeable future”.

Nah. It’ll be dropped for the vaxxed. On the honor system. You’ll still need it on the T or at Logan. Grocery stores, etc. will start dropping them soon too. Masks will be a relic by July 4 across the nation. 

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

i did look at my flights again, and one correction is that I was talking mostly about the premium seats.. all empty.. scrolled to the back and less available.. but that still makes the plane around 60% currently, maybe it fills out before might flight.  Going to buy some airline stocks :)

If it doesn't fill up, they might cancel the flight. I have had more flights canceled on me the last 12 months than ever before.

Just now, PhineasC said:

You are vaxxed, man. This should be a happy day for you, not a day to troll random guy in a banter thread in a region far away from your house.

yeah i'm pretty happy to be honest although my joke was a little too jburns-ish on a second reading...can't all be hits lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I don't see how these governors can hold on much longer now. MI and VT caving was big, IMO. They had been cautious to a fault.

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

If it doesn't fill up, they might cancel the flight. I have had more flights canceled on me the last 12 months than ever before.

good to know..ty.  decided to fly instead of drive to Indiana in June. Might be safe on a flight from MKE to Indy!