Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I'm not a fan of loud bikes either.

Aren't you a big time snowmobiler? They are pretty loud too, just saying. :) 

Not mine. I have a 4 stroke and it’s one of the quietest out there. In fact, some people complain you hear the track too much. I hate loud pipes on sleds too. 

• Like 2

Thing is I like motorcycles in general concept. 

I just don’t like that they are used as ego boosters ...

I don’t like how those in ‘the look’ are supposed to personify this non conformed care free image ... yet they care enough to go out of their way to affect an image  - you’re a hypocritical full-of-yourself asshole trying to force people to give you attention. Nothing else.  

I can’t trust other drivers, either. And I have to admit every time I am immediately behind a motorcyclist some part of my internal monologue, says “oh f* now I got to deal with this guy”. It shouldn’t be any different than any other vehicle but I’m sorry it just is when you see that person exposed like that… I don’t know I just don’t want to give people yet additional reason to have internal monologue about me

7 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah I was on freaking 5th Ave in NYC near the apple store and they ripped thru. Kinda cool to see cuz I like dirt bikes and ATVs but it is a little reckless. 

There are places for them.  Not down busy city streets or in public parks or next to my property on state land.  I’ve never called the cops on them but I wish they were respectful of neighbors

Personal lesson from the pandemic .I really don't miss social interaction with people I don't want to interact with.

All ahead forward.  Its ovah 

First game for my womens softball team is Monday, looking forward to getting on the field hitting infield practice again for the first time in 3 years for me due to the back injury and then the Vid. Free concerts happening again as well. Woot woot

• Like 3

I've seen those dudes on bikes like that. I just want to stick a piece of wood out and see what happens. I generally hate people on bikes. From those stupid crotch rockets to Harley's. Noisy AF and annoying. Not to mention that love to sneak by you in between lanes in traffic. Last time I checked, driving over the dashed line in between cars, wasn't a lane. I've purposely moved over to block them from doing that in traffic. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

6be077c.jpg

You realize the point on the right is the hallmark of the illiberal critical social justice/woke movement, correct? If only all groups strictly adhered to the point on the left..we'd be making actual progress and not dismantling systems with reckless abandon. 

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

If you haven't seem them in an urban environment, it can be hard to explain. They are not like bikers cruising on a country road.

They are on dirt bikes and ATVs, no helmets, popping wheelies, swerving all over the road. Traffic has to come to a standstill while they pass.

I have seen it so many times it doesn't fluster me at all. I am not trying to be a Karen over it; people in Baltimore do crazy stupid shit all day every day. This is one of their milder outlets, honestly.

There is also a darker side behind it involving theft of bikes and ATVs and basically what amounts to a black market chop shop environment. 

It is what it is. Better than murdering each other, I think.

Popping wheelies :lol: Priceless 

11 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

You’ll see a lot of reports of “positive” cases in vaccinated people. Mostly from people who are in routine testing protocols. I’ll say it again. It’s from viral particles in the nose that’s not infectious to them or anyone else. 
Bill Maher tested positive today as part of routine testing for his show taping. He’s fully vaccinated and he said he feels fine. For all I know I could test positive if I tested everyday. Doesnt mean I’m sick or contagious. 
This whole PCR testing thing really needs to end. 

violently agree. stop the madness!

9 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Aren't you a big time snowmobiler? They are pretty loud too, just saying. :) 

The younger crowd run cans on there sleds and it can be obnoxious, Its night riding with those cans that get trails closed in neighborhoods that have trails run through them,  But you can get fined for excessive noise by the warden if you're not running stock exhaust, Nobody's stopping folks on Harleys that are running straight pipes or rice burners running kerker exhaust.

• Like 1

At this point masks are a social commentary on society.  We've gone well past any scientific merit. 

Youth lacrosse outdoor mask count last night.  Coaches 0.  Kids 25% Parents 25% .

Parents driving around town with masks on alone in their cars: shockingly high.

I find the whole thing fascinating. 

2 minutes ago, amarshall said:

At this point masks are a social commentary on society.  We've gone well past any scientific merit. 

Youth lacrosse outdoor mask count last night.  Coaches 0.  Kids 25% Parents 25% .

Parents driving around town with masks on alone in their cars: shockingly high.

I find the whole thing fascinating. 

yeah, I still see folks walking their dogs with masks in their hands.. not so many on.. but I never brought a mask on a walk unless I was going to boston.. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

The younger crowd run cans on there sleds and it can be obnoxious, Its night riding with those cans that get trails closed in neighborhoods that have trails run through them,  But you can get fined for excessive noise by the warden if you're not running stock exhaust, Nobody's stopping folks on Harleys that are running straight pipes or rice burners running kerker exhaust.

Exactly.  I've never understood the attraction to noise makers like that.  Cans don't even improve performance on sleds. And it does annoy me that other loud crap doesn't get the same treatment as sleds do.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

yeah, but it's a safety measure so drivers know they're coming:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Why wear a helmet? Why are you concerned they are doing wheelies? It's their choice! Freedom! Phin I can't believe youd stomp all over their personal freedoms like that 

Common sense?  Compassion? 
Maybe a touch of selfishness: A couple years back a young man who used to go to our church was doing a wheelie with a heavy bike when the back wheel caught on the pavement and flipped the machine on top of him.  No helmet, brain damage, coma for weeks, they had to remove part of his skull, PT for months.  His recovery was almost miraculous but a few days ago he fell down stairs (I'm guessing his earlier injuries contributed) and his right side now isn't working right.  I think all that medical treatment runs well into 6 figures, maybe 7, and its bottom line comes from my insurance and yours.

Aren't you a big time snowmobiler? They are pretty loud too, just saying. :) 

Of course the sleds are usually out in the puckerbrush, not roaring down the street in front of one's house.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL

Amazing that they need to use these coercions. Clearly they realized the threats weren't working. Less stick, more carrot.

I don't understanding why places are doing this...like is offering free stuff really going to convince those that are hesitant to get the vaccine? I guess it might work for some people but doing something like this could easily backfire. Convince people with science...not smoothies and artery hardening crap