• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

The only time I’ve spent in Worcester was in 88 or 89. I had a friend who was went to college there and worked part time at the Centrum. She got us good seats for an AC-DC concert. I remember the show and parts of the after party at her place. I was too hungover when leaving the next day to remember much about the neighborhood. 

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

The only time I’ve spent in Worcester was in 88 or 89. I had a friend who was went to college there and worked part time at the Centrum. She got us good seats for an AC-DC concert. I remember the show and parts of the after party at her place. I was too hungover when leaving the next day to remember much about the neighborhood. 

You should go. There’s a street called Main South that has all kinds of small, self employed business men and women who ply their wares.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I wish nothing but the worst to the roving band of lunatic teenagers who ride in gangs of dirt bikes rvs and scooters around the city all day and night doing wheelies with the exhaust removed from them. 

Yea, what the hell is up with that? I’ve been reading in the paper about these gangs of people tearing around Franklin park. 

30 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

oh it's possible, but a totalitarian state is not going to arise from local mask ordinances or annoying regulations.  the descent into totalitarianism almost always begins with the rise of a demagogue.  look throughout  history and this is the case.  the fact that this country was capable of electing a demagogue shows that the conditions are present within society to take us there.  

If your side would have put up an acceptable candidate, that so called demagogue would have never been elected. You could say your crew is more responsible for it than we were. 
;)

9 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I wish nothing but the worst to the roving band of lunatic teenagers who ride in gangs of dirt bikes rvs and scooters around the city all day and night doing wheelies with the exhaust removed from them. 

Loosen up....sounds like fun to me. Also sounds like when I was in Mexico lol. 

9 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yea, what the hell is up with that? I’ve been reading in the paper about these gangs of people tearing around Franklin park. 

Been doing it in Baltimore for years. They ride down Pratt Street in broad daylight in large groups.

It's a symptom of the general decline in urban society and rise in lawlessness that has really accelerated over the last year, but has been going on for a while now.

Keeping kids out of school for a year didn't help. These kids were not at home on Zoom...

When you stop enforcing the law for "petty crime" this is what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

If your side would have put up an acceptable candidate, that so called demagogue would have never been elected. You could say your crew is more responsible for it than we were. 
;)

LOL....yes i kind of agree with you there.

Are they any worse than the fat, 50 year old white guys who drive Harleys around with the loudest pipes possible?  There is a dealer down the hill from me and they have something going every weekend in summer that attracts a couple hundred bikers over the course of the day. That’s pretty annoying too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Are they any worse than the fat, 50 year old white guys who drive Harleys around with the loudest pipes possible?  There is a dealer down the hill from me and they have something going every weekend in summer that attracts a couple hundred bikers over the course of the day. That’s pretty annoying too. 

If you haven't seem them in an urban environment, it can be hard to explain. They are not like bikers cruising on a country road.

They are on dirt bikes and ATVs, no helmets, popping wheelies, swerving all over the road. Traffic has to come to a standstill while they pass.

I have seen it so many times it doesn't fluster me at all. I am not trying to be a Karen over it; people in Baltimore do crazy stupid shit all day every day. This is one of their milder outlets, honestly.

There is also a darker side behind it involving theft of bikes and ATVs and basically what amounts to a black market chop shop environment. 

It is what it is. Better than murdering each other, I think.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

I guess it’s the beginning of the end according to paranoid Phin

Listen, baggers with straight pipes and a bunch of old white dudes in a group ripping down the Kanc is tooootally different than a few inner kids on some Chinese dirt bikes.....or is it? 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Been doing it in Baltimore for years. They ride down Pratt Street in broad daylight in large groups.

It's a symptom of the general decline in urban society and rise in lawlessness that has really accelerated over the last year, but has been going on for a while now.

Keeping kids out of school for a year didn't help. These kids were not at home on Zoom...

When you stop enforcing the law for "petty crime" this is what happens. 

I'm sure if you called the social worker hotline this would end pretty quick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What is meant by tested positive in India when in context of having been vaccinated tho 

positive means nothing ... vaccinated people will be asymptomatic carries. Vaccines don’t stop particles from going up ur nose. 

Carriers have the connotation they are contagious. Not necessarily so. If the viral load is low enough not to infect the “carrier” there’s most likely not enough to infect anyone else. It’s not typhus, as in Mary.

:)

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

If you haven't seem them in an urban environment, it can be hard to explain. They are not like bikers cruising on a country road.

They are on dirt bikes and ATVs, no helmets, popping wheelies, swerving all over the road. Traffic has to come to a standstill while they pass.

I have seen it so many times it doesn't fluster me at all. I am not trying to be a Karen over it; people in Baltimore do crazy stupid shit all day every day. This is one of their milder outlets, honestly.

There is also a darker side behind it involving theft of bikes and ATVs and basically what amounts to a black market chop shop environment. 

It is what it is. Better than murdering each other, I think.

Admit it. You troll Dundalk.

Just kidding!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The same gang here saying "let the kids have fun" would be throwing a fit and demanding action from the HOA if a couple of kids tore through their perfectly manicured front lawn on ATVs. No one is fooled by the act. 

I’d feel the same way about them as I do the stupid loud Harleys and the idiots who think they’re comic geniuses when they drive by the golf course and yell Fore. 

These things tend to be cyclical. NYC went through some tough years in the 70s-90s with poor leadership. Eventually it swings back to conservative leadership and gets cleaned up. Hopefully we get some republican leadership back in cities in this country and turn the tide. Or at least some Democrats that are not off the friggin rails like the rest of the modern party has gotten. You need law and you need pro business policies, safety, work ethic. 

9 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’d feel the same way about them as I do the stupid loud Harleys and the idiots who think they’re comic geniuses when they drive by the golf course and yell Fore. 

I'm not a fan of loud bikes either.

Aren't you a big time snowmobiler? They are pretty loud too, just saying. :) 

• Weenie 1

Just now, greenmtnwx said:

These things tend to be cyclical. NYC went through some tough years in the 70s-90s with poor leadership. Eventually it swings back to conservative leadership and gets cleaned up. Hopefully we get done republican leadership back in cities in this country and turn the tide. Or at least some Democrats that are not off the friggin rails like the rest of the modern party has gotten. You need law and you need pro business policies, safety, work ethic. 

The worm is already starting to turn. Several cities such as NYC and Minneapolis are already starting to quietly rebuild their police forces and increase patrols. This doesn't fit the political narrative so it is being kept hushed.

The biggest hurdle right now is the extremely lenient DAs in some cities. Cops can arrest people all day long, but it hardly matters if the DA never brings charges and just lets them walk.

• Haha 1