Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

37 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Bullshit PCR tests that are picking up non infectious RNA or viral particles that found their way in their nose.

If I tested 1000 people every day at some point I’d find measles in the nasal cavity. I’m sure they tested positive not because they were sick but as part of the testing regimen they are under. Unless they are actually infected with virus that can be cultured or manifested by them having symptoms, it’s not a breakthrough infection. 
I don’t know if any of them are actually sick. 
I’m sure a lot of vaccinated peopje might test “positive” if they tested every day. There’s still a lot of virus circulating. 

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think it just empirically demonstrates what an unsanitary and disgusting organization the Yankees are. 

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Roids negating vaccine effects 

We coming for you. LGY Roids in the coaching staff and administrators lol what a dumb post

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

??

It's a great day for that crowd. The restrictions are going away long before we reach the silly threshold targets for case counts and percent vaxxed the "experts" said were required. There is no sign of vax passports either. 

The anti-mask/anti-vax crowd won out. LOL what a misread, dude.

Literally everyone and their mother with a brain was guesstimating May. The anti Vax anti mask crowd stomped their feet like five year Olds because they couldn't take waiting that long. Here we are. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Literally everyone and their mother with a brain was guesstimating May. The anti Vax anti mask crowd stomped their feet like five year Olds because they couldn't take waiting that long. Here we are. 

I don't think the overwhelming consensus was the indoor mask mandates would be lifted so soon, or without some kind of vax passport system being in place. This CDC announcement appears to have caught a lot of people by surprise, actually. Businesses are already reacting to the news.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/05/13/disney-world-may-soon-lift-mask-mandate-and-theme-park-capacity-will-immediately-increase-ceo-says/?fbclid=IwAR3IhHzyoNfpRUlAovA8Ud2f4plWoHHcB2_IE7iKUdGD18HsG9V2Vyn5VVY&sh=719ce6da1844

I am truly sorry if you are sad the mandates aren't going longer. If it is any consolation, you are free to stay masked-up for as long as you'd like.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I don't think the overwhelming consensus was the indoor mask mandates would be lifted so soon, or without some kind of vax passport system being in place. CDC announcement appears to have caught a lot of people by surprise, actually. Businesses are already reacting to the news.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/05/13/disney-world-may-soon-lift-mask-mandate-and-theme-park-capacity-will-immediately-increase-ceo-says/?fbclid=IwAR3IhHzyoNfpRUlAovA8Ud2f4plWoHHcB2_IE7iKUdGD18HsG9V2Vyn5VVY&sh=719ce6da1844

I am truly sorry if you are sad the mandates aren't going longer. If it is any consolation, you are free to stay masked-up for as long as you'd like.

We both know I advocated to begin removing masks a week or two ago. 

Fauci and CDC nailed the timing of removing these masks! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

We both know I advocated to begin removing masks a week or two ago. 

Fauci and CDC nailed the timing of removing these masks! 

You gonna take your mask off or keep it on for a while longer in case of variants and possible long-term damage to your lungs from even mild COVID?

• Confused 1

mask outrage is so May 2020.  even those who find masks annoying don't care about them the way they did a year ago when the idea of wearing a mask was such a foreign and novel concept.  90% of people honestly don't care about this issue that much anymore.  the remaining 10% appear to be triggered by the fact that the other 90% don't care about this as much as they do.

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

mask outrage is so May 2020.  even those who find masks annoying don't care about them the way they did a year ago when the idea of wearing a mask was such a foreign and novel concept.  90% of people honestly don't care about this issue that much anymore.  the remaining 10% appear to be triggered by the fact that the other 90% don't care about this as much as they do.

Try doing CrossFit with a mask on.

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And all kidding aside, regarding the Yankees, none of them (maybe one of them has some mild symptoms?)  are sick... that's really what  the vaccine is supposed to do... keep you from getting seriously sick, right?

You’ll see a lot of reports of “positive” cases in vaccinated people. Mostly from people who are in routine testing protocols. I’ll say it again. It’s from viral particles in the nose that’s not infectious to them or anyone else. 
Bill Maher tested positive today as part of routine testing for his show taping. He’s fully vaccinated and he said he feels fine. For all I know I could test positive if I tested everyday. Doesnt mean I’m sick or contagious. 
This whole PCR testing thing really needs to end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

Luckily, you can take your mask off now. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Bullshit PCR tests that are picking up non infectious RNA or viral particles that found their way in their nose.

If I tested 1000 people every day at some point I’d find measles in the nasal cavity. I’m sure they tested positive not because they were sick but as part of the testing regimen they are under. Unless they are actually infected with virus that can be cultured or manifested by them having symptoms, it’s not a breakthrough infection. 
I don’t know if any of them are actually sick. 
I’m sure a lot of vaccinated peopje might test “positive” if they tested every day. There’s still a lot of virus circulating. 

I heard yesterday that at least one was symptomatic.  

The odds that they'd all test positive based on standard PCR false positive rates are tremendously small.  And it wouldn't surprise me if they tested again to rule out some kind of contamination.  But that hasn't been confirmed.

Maybe they were all exposed with a fair amount of viral load that otherwise wouldn't have infected them?  In a way it could wind up being an advertisement for vaccines (aside from that one guy) but the question is can they transmit?  Maybe put the rest of the team in a sauna with them and do an experiment for the good of humanity?

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Luckily, you can take your mask off now. 

I just got my 2nd shot a couple days ago.  so in a couple more weeks, i'll gladly take it off.  I never wore it outside so no change there.  and if mask mandates come back, i'll put it back on.  no big deal.  i don't think mask ordinances are a slippery slope to totalitarianism.