Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

10 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

It's not uncommon to see 30-60% corrections in crypto and most newbie investors will not have the stomach for it. 

The whales know this and will take advantage of the opportunity.

Also given the vast institutional support for this bull run vs 2017 I wouldn't be shocked to see big investors rush in after the dump and scoop up the discounts and Bitcoin rallies in the weeks ahead to new record highs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Looks pretty seasonal for the next 10 days or more anyway. Summer in May FTL

That was more to give Anthony some shit. Yeah I don’t see 80s for sure. Should be lots of nice wx coming up which is great. Seasons in seasons. 

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

They have black bears down here sometimes so I would assume they have them there. Their range has been expanding.

Maine may have more bears than any other state in the lower 48 (WA and WI are also up there), but from the news it seems my old haunts in NNJ have more bear/people issues than here in the north. 
It's not the bears . . .
(And I :lol::lol::lol: at PF's millennial/old bear comparison.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's not uncommon to see 30-60% corrections in crypto and most newbie investors will not have the stomach for it. 

The whales know this and will take advantage of the opportunity.

Also given the vast institutional support for this bull run vs 2017 I wouldn't be shocked to see big investors rush in after the dump and scoop up the discounts and Bitcoin rallies in the weeks ahead to new record highs.

Yup. We hold, and buy more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I keep hearing that crypto is the new gold, meaning an inflation hedge. Didn't look like it yesterday lol. As for Tesla, they just lost their chief source of paper profitability with Stellantis no longer needing to buy billions of credits. Their reputation in China is trash now, as reflected by plunging sales last month, their factory in Berlin has been put on hold due to construction permit and labor violations and their market share is getting eroded by dozens of new EV entrants. I also don't believe for a second that they've managed their supply chain issues when the big boys are all having issues. And the stock is still almost $3,000 on a pre-split basis. If I hadn't been smoked by the gamma squeeze last year, I'd be sorely tempted to start shorting this pile of dung again.

When there is severe selling pressure in a levered stock market, and this pressure persists for a couple days....some large longs  will begin to  liquidate anything they hold and that will begin to create contagion in other asset classes (in severe stock selling pressure) . That is what occurred last two days and also some margin calls .  I can see Crypto easily bouncing back and making new highs (no idea if they will) but the solar stocks, EV stocks, and other growth stocks won't be for some time.

Stocks fell hard around 5 am and SP fell down to 4040 or so which is a level of support and bounced as it was severely oversold in short term, Nasdaq Bounced with it as well as some Crypto like Cardano which hit 1.60 at 6 am and then bounced to 1.80-1.85 .  PPI number at 830 this morning was not good for market but it's still bouncing ahead. WIll be very interesting to me to see if SP can reclaim it's 14 month rising trend line (probably on strength of cyclical sectors). which it fell below yesterday or if that trend line acts now as resistance instead of support. My guess is we reclaim but that will determine a lot. 

11 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

It’s very volatile still especially with so many sketchy projects out there. That being said, the major crypto assets and platforms are here to stay.

But yes,  it is not for the faint of heart and you need to have a strong stomach for it.  I watched the first dip come and retrace back up yesterday  and thought it was a blip.  However I then spent two hours glued my laptop watching the technicals and decided to bail because there were a lot of moving averages being crossed.

I missed the peak because I got a little bit greedy but still came out up about 150% since December , however it could’ve been more like 200% if I had followed my instincts.  I also only deal with a few of the major crypto‘s because I have no interest in risking money on the possible insane gains of volatile shit coins. 

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

When there is severe selling pressure in a levered stock market, and this pressure persists for a couple days....some large longs  will begin to  liquidate anything they hold and that will begin to create contagion in other asset classes (in severe stock selling pressure) . That is what occurred last two days and also some margin calls .  I can see Crypto easily bouncing back and making new highs (no idea if they will) but the solar stocks, EV stocks, and other growth stocks won't be for some time.

Yes of course cryptos are going to come roaring back higher than ever because the bull market is still running.  Yesterday was the result of snake oil Elon distancing himself from bitcoin due to his “environmental concerns”.   You can damn well bet he sold his positions before that announcement and will be right back in on the dip. 
Anyway, that was a good opportunity for all of the whales to liquidate the leveraged longs and scoop up the bargains.  Not much different than the stock market really.

As far as Elon’s environmental concerns it’s pretty funny coming from a guy who launches cars into space for fun.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yes of course cryptos are going to come roaring back higher than ever because the bull market is still running.  Yesterday was the result of snake oil Elon distancing himself from bitcoin due to his “environmental concerns”.   You can damn well bet he sold his positions before that announcement and will be right back in on the dip. 
Anyway, that was a good opportunity for all of the whales to liquidate the leveraged longs and scoop up the bargains.  Not much different than the stock market really.

As far as Elon’s environmental concerns it’s pretty funny coming from a guy who launches cars into space for fun.

I like your line of thinking. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I am behind on so many shows. My wife and I made it halfway through season 1 of GOT and that was it. 

I struggle getting into any serial type show.  I was determined to follow through on the most recent season of Fargo and made it maybe 5 episodes.  Unless I'm stuck at home for a few days and can just binge straight through, I can't hand with the extended story type things.

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I struggle getting into any serial type show.  I was determined to follow through on the most recent season of Fargo and made it maybe 5 episodes.  Unless I'm stuck at home for a few days and can just binge straight through, I can't hand with the extended story type things.

Yeah, same here. My wife and I try to watch these shows together but then she falls asleep 10 minutes in, or the kids come running in, or one of us goes upstairs for a few mins to "grab a snack" and then gets distracted and forgets to come back. LOL

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

if you like good sci-fi try the expanse on amazon prime and give it the same 5 episodes or so

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

There is no good pattern on the horizon for severe weather. This really sucks. 

I think if I had the wherewithal, I could do a search and pull up posts like this from you for the last 10 years.  I'll say this though, you are one persistent sumbitch. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Kind of ridiculous that Elon is able to openly manipulate the market like this and no action has been taken yet. He's clearly seeing how far he can take this.

The guy faked a leveraged buyout of Tesla and the SEC settled. If there was ever a case that warranted an instant D&O ban and federal charges, that was it. Is it any wonder that he feels above the law? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some of the network shows are good. I watch the Chicago shows (fire,med,PD) 

I caught up with The Crown. An interesting documentary more or less with Hollywood flare. 
I thought Yellowstone was great. Love Kevin Costner’s role in that. 

I stopped watching any network show with masks. I get enough of that shyte in real life. I dont need it on my entertainment shows.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

If you truly believe in DeFi as the future of banking - then no reason to worry. Holding my ETH and ADA strong. 

Interesting tweet from elon last night about BTC energy usage. With the green new deal coming,  you know the current administration is going to support cryptos that are energy efficient as possible. 

upload_2021-5-13_8-34-22.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Maybe we pry Eichel next :lmao: 

Talks around town he is using his injury as an excuse to get past this next season. Next year he has a NMC and basically can choose where he wants to go. I know he loves Boston, but do you have the cap space and pieces? He is an incredible talent, but he has millennial self entitlement issues that Phin talks about. He pouts on the bench so much while being the captain of our team. He needs to suck it up and be a leader. He was a spoiled Boston suburbian boy growing up. But you guys have a nice leadership core. Berg is a HOF player. He might fit in well.  

• Like 1