Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Agreed!!

I still think that people are just going to stop wearing them in the coming weeks whether the mandates lift or not...especially at places like bars 

Yeah I’ve been on the ‘passive revolt’ train since the third month if this thing actually ... but vaccine came on faster than any R&D to production life cycle in history ... unprecedented actually. Sort of beat the ‘lost patience’ and familiarity breeds impetuousness to the finish line. 

- if this were going on indefinitely people would have thrown hands and reclaimed their air space. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah I’ve been on the ‘passive revolt’ train since the third month if this thing actually ... but vaccine came on faster than any R&D to production life cycle ... unprecedented actually. Sort of beat the ‘lost patience’ and familiarity breeds impetuousness to the finish line. 

- if this were going on indefinitely people would have thrown hands and reclaimed their air space. 

My wife went maskless to Walmart today. Sone clerk told her to put on a mask. She told him she had a health issue and that was the end of that.

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Do black bears venture this far south? My wife saw on Facebook that a large black bear was spotted in the holiday inn parking lot in taunton

Absolutely.  They will go where ever there is food.  As more and more places further north bear-proof their dumpsters, they will need to move into new habitats.

It's sad in a way, but they are pretty smart creatures that are much larger than they are aggressive.  After you are close to them a couple times and they pay you no attention, they feel like deer.  There's definitely a fear that they become large raccoons.  Can't blame them when humans have all these easily accessible calories in the trash/compost.

These millennial bears will do whatever is easiest, crushing the greasy pizza crusts in the trash.  The older bears prefer to work hard for their berries and small bites of bland vegetation. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

Just put gambling money in and look at it like gambling so if you lose it it's no big deal. I bet that guy that was a million up in Doge isn't sleeping well, he's holding out for ten million, greed kills.

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Just put gambling money in and look at it like gambling so if you lose it it's no big deal. I bet that guy that was a million up in Doge isn't sleeping well, he's holding out for ten million, greed kills.

Stupid. Holding a fake dog coin that was running on meme power alone is just dumb. Take the free money and bail. I don't understand these people who actually buy in and plan to hold long term on this stuff. It's insane enough you can make money from this at all.

If a wizard suddenly materialized in your living room and asked, "Choose quickly mortal! 100,000 dollars now or run the Gauntlet of Eternal Pain for a chance at 1,000,000 dollars?"

Take the 100k, man!

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Stupid. Holding a fake dog coin that was running on meme power alone is just dumb. Take the free money and bail. I don't understand these people who actually buy in and plan to hold long term on this stuff. It's insane enough you can make money from this at all.

If a wizard suddenly materialized in your living room and asked, "Choose quickly mortal! 100,000 dollars now or run the Gauntlet of Eternal Pain for a chance at 1,000,000 dollars?"

Take the 100k, man!

He was up a Mill and didn't cash out, I think he may regret that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I mean I guess some of it is yolo $$. But I fear most isn’t. In January you had chamath and even like portnoy telling people to stick it to the hedge funds and buy amc, bb, gme etc. How’d that work out for most of those people following- not great. There’s a similar cultish feel to crypto where by holding it you’re making some sort of statement. So ya I imagine the pain/ vol cuts across all sorts of socioeconomic levels and isn’t viewed as gambling by most. Tho it should be.

Black bears will def go down to near Taunton. SE MA is actually pretty woodsy. We get black bear sightings around here all the time in Holliston (one destroyed my bird feeders two years in a row too). 

But like powderfreak said, they will wonder wherever they find food. Easy garbage to access or bird feeders, doesn’t matter to them. Lots of woods helps obviously since it keeps them stealthy. If they try and wonder around Brighton MA they’ll get animal control called on them pretty fast. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Black bears will def go down to near Taunton. SE MA is actually pretty woodsy. We get black bear sightings around here all the time in Holliston (one destroyed my bird feeders two years in a row too). 

But like powderfreak said, they will wonder wherever they find food. Easy garbage to access or bird feeders, doesn’t matter to them. Lots of woods helps obviously since it keeps them stealthy. If they try and wonder around Brighton MA they’ll get animal control called on them pretty fast. 

Interesting, thanks. Nothing behind my house other than thousands of acres of hockomock swamp, so if they are down here, I’ll eventual see them.

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Interesting, thanks. Nothing behind my house other than thousands of acres of hockomock swamp, so if they are down here, I’ll eventual see them.

Aren't you near that haunted forest? I've seen it on a couple shows where some weird things happen in some triangle in your area.

21 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I mean I guess some of it is yolo $$. But I fear most isn’t. In January you had chamath and even like portnoy telling people to stick it to the hedge funds and buy amc, bb, gme etc. How’d that work out for most of those people following- not great. There’s a similar cultish feel to crypto where by holding it you’re making some sort of statement. So ya I imagine the pain/ vol cuts across all sorts of socioeconomic levels and isn’t viewed as gambling by most. Tho it should be.

Don't listen to anyone but due your due diligence and make your own decisions. Listening to advice from talking heads is a lazy way out and not usually profitable.

8 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Aren't you near that haunted forest? I've seen it on a couple shows where some weird things happen in some triangle in your area.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. He’s got Bigfoot and ghosts of the Wampanoags to worry about vs black bears.

Yessir, right in the middle. I’ll report back on anything I find or see

Just now, radarman said:

How bout that super strain that's infected all your vaccinated staff

I say we quarantine the entire team, can't be too careful

2 coaches 5 administrators. 3 tests for all players since the positives, all clear. So stupid they held out Torres tonight he already had Covid in December 

9 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I was behind facetious...but seriously how do people pedaling crypto as a way forward sleep at night after seeing the price action today/tonight. I don’t agree with Phin much, but he’s right...don’t believe anything anyone says publicly...especially hedge fund managers and apparently as in this case, snake oil salesmen as well.

i think it’s much more about ESG and qualification for those indexes...big money there and if Tesla was excluded...yikes. Especially for that house of cards.

I keep hearing that crypto is the new gold, meaning an inflation hedge. Didn't look like it yesterday lol. As for Tesla, they just lost their chief source of paper profitability with Stellantis no longer needing to buy billions of credits. Their reputation in China is trash now, as reflected by plunging sales last month, their factory in Berlin has been put on hold due to construction permit and labor violations and their market share is getting eroded by dozens of new EV entrants. I also don't believe for a second that they've managed their supply chain issues when the big boys are all having issues. And the stock is still almost $3,000 on a pre-split basis. If I hadn't been smoked by the gamma squeeze last year, I'd be sorely tempted to start shorting this pile of dung again.

• Weenie 1