Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

I watched it^

Elon wasn’t that bad in his skits. He def wasn’t very comfortable on the Mic but he was kinda funny . Taking a few pokes at people deciding to remember people by 1 thing they’ve done to cancel them . Then the O.J reference ha

That financial expert skit was kinda funny “ya ya but WHAT is doge coin”

”Ok ok it’s a hussle “  

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

How much do you want to bet that the whale that bought 25% of Doge a month before Elon started pumping it was Elon?

I was wondering that , and then sold it off in increments as it tried to run higher yesterday day 

Many folks seemed to have traced It to Robin Hood but it seems like what they were tracing was more of Robin Hood’s custodial account for all its members ,so I believe that whale might have been just millions of minnows lumped into a custodial account , potentially. There were other large holders .

I feel alot better than I did yesterday after getting the 2nd Moderna shot on Friday.  Just a sore arm and still feeling tired. 

Mom is also doing fine after staying in bed the whole day yesterday. 

I'm not sure if I am going to get the booster shots if we need them. 

• Like 2

Maybe House can answer this, but would it be true to assume that if you got Covid naturally and had a low amount of antibodies.....your chances of holding off a severe infection or any infection for that matter are lower than if someone got the vaccination? I saw the talk about protection when getting it naturally, but what if you had just a mild case and had low antibody response?

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe House can answer this, but would it be true to assume that if you got Covid naturally and had a low amount of antibodies.....your chances of holding off a severe infection or any infection for that matter are lower than if someone got the vaccination? I saw the talk about protection when getting it naturally, but what if you had just a mild case and had low antibody response?

Not sure how much is known for sure but a formal study is underway now or soon

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-04-19-human-challenge-trial-launches-study-immune-response-covid-19

There have been reports in papers of overall less severe symptoms in reinfection cases but the data remains pretty sparse... That's probably a good thing... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

I feel alot better than I did yesterday after getting the 2nd Moderna shot on Friday.  Just a sore arm and still feeling tired. 

Mom is also doing fine after staying in bed the whole day yesterday. 

I'm not sure if I am going to get the booster shots if we need them. 

I think that's still up in the air whether they are needed or not....let's hope not and that the main shots last for years

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My 28 year old nephew is in the hospital with Covid, his feet are numb, other than numb feet he had no other symptoms, they're testing to see if something else is causing numb feet, I haven't heard that as a side effect but this virus is so weird, who knows.

Low blood ox? Any tingling in the fingers?

Just now, DavisStraight said:

Not sure, my sister had been talking to him, I'll have her ask more questions, you have an idea what it may be?

Well, I've heard of a few cases where the patient was largely asymptomatic, but there was enough damage in the lungs that they had low very low blood oxygen and the tingling in the extremities that goes with it. I'm not a doctor though, so take with a heap of salt. Best wishes for a speedy recovery at any rate!

14 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Well, I've heard of a few cases where the patient was largely asymptomatic, but there was enough damage in the lungs that they had low very low blood oxygen and the tingling in the extremities that goes with it. I'm not a doctor though, so take with a heap of salt. Best wishes for a speedy recovery at any rate!

Interesting, Ill have my sister ask him, thanks.

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

That’s just a click bait article. The numbers they are talking about are variant numbers since mid March. 
The 7 day average in Florida is around 4000, with a decreasing curve. 

Percentage of population positive per day is 0.018%.  Massachusetts number is 0.013%.

The article actually tell you that the positives are dropping and the percent positives of those tested are below 5%. But it takes until the 11th paragraph to tell you that.

• Like 2

I went to IHME for the first time in a few weeks, and needless to say I was shocked when I saw them projecting 948,000 US covid deaths by September 1. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

I noticed the number before I read the paragraph at the top.  Basically, they changed their methodology to not make a projection for reported covid deaths, but to include covid deaths that are unreported.  You can read about it here:

https://www.healthdata.org/special-analysis/estimation-excess-mortality-due-covid-19-and-scalars-reported-covid-19-deaths

They believe that there have been just over 900k covid deaths in the US to date. It's a stunning number that initially struck me as too high.  But contrary to some who have been arguing that covid deaths are inflated, it's quite likely that the opposite is true.  We just don't know by how much.  I'm sure more estimates will emerge as to how many people died from covid in this time period.  But whether it's 700k, 800k, 900k, it's all bad.

However much that US deaths are underreported, some other countries are WAY worse with underreporting.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I went to IHME for the first time in a few weeks, and needless to say I was shocked when I saw them projecting 948,000 US covid deaths by September 1. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=cumulative-deaths&tab=trend

I noticed the number before I read the paragraph at the top.  Basically, they changed their methodology to not make a projection for reported covid deaths, but to include covid deaths that are unreported.  You can read about it here:

https://www.healthdata.org/special-analysis/estimation-excess-mortality-due-covid-19-and-scalars-reported-covid-19-deaths

They believe that there have been just over 900k covid deaths in the US to date. It's a stunning number that initially struck me as too high.  But contrary to some who have been arguing that covid deaths are inflated, it's quite likely that the opposite is true.  We just don't know by how much.  I'm sure more estimates will emerge as to how many people died from covid in this time period.  But whether it's 700k, 800k, 900k, it's all bad.

However much that US deaths are underreported, some other countries are WAY worse with underreporting.  

Sure am glad people can get the vaccine and be safe.